A fluent Guitarist / Vocalist and Saxophonist suitable for any event. Kathleen is a self-contained one woman band!
Performing a set list consisting of both popular hits on guitar and voice and also on saxophone along to full backing tracks, Kathleen Amanda is a one of a kind performer with a distinctive sound that is extremely versatile and can suit all types of occasions, whether it be a low key affair during a drinks reception and / or throughout dinner or when a party is in full swing where she can deliver more up tempo, up lifting songs for dancing and general merriment.
Performing from a well constructed repertoire stretching over 5 decades, Kathleen Amanda can be expected to play popular hits we all know and love on Guitar, Vocals and Saxophone!
A BA (Hons) Music graduate, Kathleen Amanda is a well-established performer with a wide range of experiences ranging from weddings, pubs, restaurants and performing abroad!
On saxophone you will be entertained by the familiar sound of jazz, blues and swing hits including popular songs such as ‘Fly me to the Moon’, ‘Fever’, ‘Hit the Road Jack’ , ‘Tuxedo Junction’, ‘Satin Doll’ and many more.
Also a competent guitarist and vocalist you can expect to hear many songs presented in a unique and enchanting style. Performing material by artists such as Eva Cassidy, Bob Dylan, REM, The Shadows, Joni Mitchell, The Beatles and many more.
Kathleen has been fortunate to perform in front of many celebrities, some of the most impressive examples include providing the entertainment for a Royal Event in front of HRH Princess Anne. Kathleen has also performed for Equity's annual gathering, including guests such as actors Sam Kane (Emmerdale, Coronation Street) and Ricky Tomlinson (Royle Family). Kathleen’s most valued experience was playing music with Sir Paul Mc Cartney.
Kathleen is available also as a solo Saxophonist for a more relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere please check out her other profile on this website under the name of 'Kathleen Plays Saxophone'.
- Kathleen - Guitar / Vocals / Saxophone
- PA Amplifier or Marshall acoustic amp
GUITAR & VOCALS
- House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- Come Together – The Beatles
- Johnny Cash – Ring Of Fire
- Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
- The Doors – Light my Fire
- Beggin’ – The Four Seasons
- Stand by Me – Ben E King
- First Cut is the Deepest – Cat Stevens
- Wild World – Cat Stevens
- These Boots Are Made for Walking – Nancy Sinatra
- No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley
- Redemption Song – Bob Marley
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- Blowin’ In The Wind – Bob Dylan
- Mr Tambourine Man – Bob Dylan
- Knockin’ On Heavens Door – Bob Dylan
- Me And Bobby McGee – Janis Joplin
- Aint no Sunshine – Bill Withers
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Jolene – Dolly Parton
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Big Yellow Taxi – Joni Mitchel
- Father and Son – Cat Steven
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Dancing In The Moonlight – King Harvest
- True Colours – Cyndi Lauper
- One Way Or Another – Blondie
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson
- Sit Down – James
- Every Breath You Take – The Police
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Fisherman Blues – The Waterboys
- Back For Good – Take That
- Torn – Natalie Imbruglia
- Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Greenday
- Zombie – The Cranberrries
- Ironic – Alanis Moressette
- Rotterdam – Beautiful South
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Don’t Look Back in Anger – Oasis
- Fields of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- Wade In The Water – Eva Cassidy
- One of us – Joan Osbourne
- Everybody Hurts – REM
- Loosing My Religion – REM
- Kiss me – Sixpence None The Richer
- There She Goes - Sixpence None The Richer
- Yellow – Coldplay
- I’m Yours – Jason Myraz
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon Five
- Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
- Viva La Vida – Coldplay
- Dakota - Stereophonics
- Have a Nice day - Stereophonics
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Sex is on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Umbrella - Rihanna
- She Said – Plan B
- Break Even – The Script
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Dosed - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Forget you – Cee Lo Green
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Papparazzi – Lady Gaga
- Nothing Sweet About Me – Gabriella Cilmi
- No One – Alicia Keys
- All Blues – Miles Davis
- All The Things You Are – Gerry Mulligan
- Corcovado (Quiet Night Of Quiet Stars) – Stan Getz
- In A Sentimental Mood - John Coltrate
- In Walked Bud – Thelonious Monk
- Lullaby Of Birdland – George Shearing
- My Favourite Things – John Coltrane
- Oleo – Sonny Rollins
- The Sidewinder – Lee Morgan
- The Way You Look Tonight – Jimmy Mcgriff
- Cry Me A River - Ella Fitzgerald
- Fever – Peggy Lee
- God Bless The Child – Billie Holiday
- Harlem Nocturne – Earle Hagen
- Hit The Road Jack – Percy Mayfield
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free – Nina Simone
- Lil’ Darlin – Count Basie
- Moonglow - Joe Venuti
- Round Midnight - Thelonious Monk
- Swinging Shepherd Blues – Moe Koffman
- A Night In Tunisia – Dizzy Gillespie
- Bernie’s Tune – Gerry Mulligan Quartet
- Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words ) – Frank Sinatra
- One Note Samba – Ella Fitzgerald
- Opus One – Tommy Dorsey
- Satin Doll - Duke Ellington
- Slightly Out Of Tune (Desafinado) – Joao Gilberto
- Straight No Chaser
- Take The ‘A’ Train – Duke Ellington
- Yardbird Suite – Charlie Parker
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- I Get The Sweetest Feeling – Jackie Wilson
- I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
- I Heard It Though The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- I Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
- In The Midnight Hour – Wilson Picket
- Private Number – William Bell / Judy Clay
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Take Me To The River – Al Green
- Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens – Louis Jordan
- Flying Home – Lionel Hampton
- Hit That Jive Jack – Diana Krall
- I’m Getting Sentimental Over You – Frank Sinatra
- Is You Or Is You Aint My Baby? – Louis Jordan
- Jump, Jive An’ Wail – Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Perido – Duke Ellington
- Swing To That Music – Louis Armstrong
- Tuxedo Junction – Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Zoot Suit Riot - Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
Kathleen was an excellent choice. From the first contact to the end of her set I would highly recommend Kathleen for future events. Having the versatility of the sax, guitar and singing she offered versatility to suit all tastes. A personal thanks to Kathleen in making my 40th a great success!
Kathleen Amanda entertained the guests at our wedding on the 4th August, 2012 superbly. She has a fantastic talent that truly helps any event go well. Her saxophone playing is absolutely mesmerising and I thank her whole heartedly for her professional yet personable approach. I would highly recommend Kathleen Amanda to anyone wanting an artist who transcends the age ranges. Many thank Kathleen Amanda I shall promote your talents whenever I get the chance.
Sir Paul McCartney
Beautifully Melodic and Inspiring.
Ricky Tomlinson (Actor/Comedian, Brookside, Royle Family)
G. Jones, North Wales
A lovely evening, complimented by beautiful music! Kathleen is very versatile and holds so much talent. Her guitar playing and vocals were mesmerizing, and her saxophone playing was sensational! Her performance was exactly what we required for the event and I will recommend her to all my friends!
Y. Barnes, Liverpool
The performance was so varied it provided entertainment for all! Old swing classics on the saxophone for us oldies and popular chart hits on guitar and vocals for the youngsters, a very gifted entertainer with a song to please everyone!
- HRH Princess Ann
- Sir Paul McCartney
- Ricky Tomlinson
- Royal Oak Hotel(s)
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Various Venues in Southeast Asia
- Can we chose how much of each instrument we want? For example if we want 80% guitar and vocals and 20% Saxophone?
Yes! This is absolutely fine, Kathleen has had many requests previously where clients have wanted a particular structure to the performance.
- Can Kathleen Amanda play her saxophone without backing tracks?
If you feel you would prefer Kathleen to perform without the backing tracks this is possible. If you are interested in Kathleen purely as a saxophonist please check out 'Kathleen Plays Saxophone' on this website!
- Can Kathleen Amanda take requests?
On guitar this is usually possible! On saxophone it can be a little more complex, the reason being that Kathleen plays along to a pre-recorded backing track it is usually hard for her to be able to reconstruct the whole band sound on a backing track ready for the event as she does not have the appropriate recording facilities. Though apart from this Kathleen is able to perform the song without the backing track which can be far more suited for some events as it produces as a far more intimate sound. Please contact Kathleen Amanda if you have any question regarding requests.
- Why should I have Kathleen Perform at my wedding?
Kathleen Amanda provides many different types of performances suitable for weddings, ranging from performing during the reception to providing the first dance music. Kathleen's service is very popular during the drinks reception and/or wedding breakfast and can really add that extra sparkle to your day!
- 2 x 45 minutes
- 3 x 30 minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.