Superb energetic 5 piece band with accomplished soulful vocals, playing an awesome unique blend of modern & classic funk, soul, Motown, disco, and rock ‘n roll.
- Versatile 5pc band playing funk, soul, motown, disco and rock ‘n’ roll
- Top quality professional musicians & singers with many years experience, have recorded & toured with Alvin Stardust, King Pleasure & The Biscuit Boys and appeared on X Factor
- Large varied repertoire of celebrated & well-known dancey, sing-a-long songs
- Perform 2 x 1hr high energy live sets
- Performed at hundreds of functions, weddings & corporate events for many household names
“… if you close your eyes you could be listening to the records themselves!”
Beat Kings were set up to provide something they felt was largely missing among function bands – genuine soul! Countless auditions were held to find passionate talented & versatile singers & players, able not only to accurately reproduce the dynamics & feel of people’s favourite old Motown & soul records, but also sound every bit as at home playing modern chart classics from some of the world’s leading artists.
100% live (no backing tracks or sequencers), this accomplished band plays an awesome & unique set of classic funk, soul, Motown, disco and rock ‘n’ roll tracks performed seamlessly alongside soulful modern chart classics, that never fails to wow audiences. Performances are energetic & enthusiastic, and with years of experience packing dance floors, guests are guaranteed to be dancing & singing along from the first song to the last!
What really makes the band stand out so much from others though is their attention to detail – they know guests at a function want to hear their favourite songs performed as they know and love them – and no other band sounds as close to the original songs – leading to comments from guests such as “I had to check it wasn’t really Stevie Wonder!”
As well as having hundreds of appearances under their belts at private parties, weddings & corporate functions (including numerous household name companies) at some of the nations premiere venues, members of Beat Kings have toured extensively and recorded with Alvin Stardust, performed with King Pleasure & The Biscuit Boys;played at the world renowned Reading Festival; appeared on live BBC radio sessions and lead singer Clarke Bailey even appeared on ITV’s X-Factor in 2006, making it all the way to Simon Cowell’s infamous ‘boot camp’!
- Male vocals
50s / 60s
- Ben E King - Stand By Me
- Chuck Berry – Johnny Be Good
- Elvis Presley – A Little Less Conversation
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- James Brown - I Feel Good
- James Brown – Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
- Little Richard – Tutti Frutti
- Marvin Gaye - Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Otis Redding - Hard to Handle
- Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles – Come Together
- The Beatles – Daytripper
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- The Beatles - Twist ‘n’ Shout
- The Contours – Do You Love Me
- The Doobie Brothers – Long Train Runnin’
- The Monkees – I’m A Believer
- The Temptations - My Girl
- The Temptations – Get Ready
- Wilson Pickett – Land Of 1000 Dances
- Wilson Pickett -MidnightHour
- Wilson Pickett - Sweet Soul Music
70s / 80s
- Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
- Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces
- Bill Withers - Lovely Day
- Charles Wright Band – Express Yourself
- Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
- KC & The Sunshine Band – Get Down Tonight (Do A Little Dance)
- Kool & The Gang – Celebration
- Kool & The Gang – Get Down On It
- Lynnrd Skynnrd -Sweet HomeAlabama
- Rick James – Super Freak
- Steelers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed Delivered
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Stevie Wonder – Superstition
- Stevie Wonder – Uptight
- The Lovin’ Spoonful – Summer In The City
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- The Trammps – Disco Inferno
- Thin Lizzy – The Boys Are Back In Town
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
90s / 00s
- Amy Winehouse – Rehab
- Duffy – Mercy
- Gnarles Barkley – Crazy
- Jamiroquai - Canned Heat
- Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl
- Jamiroquai – Space Cowboy
- Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
- Madcon – Beggin’
- Mark Ronson / Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
- Modjo – Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
- Paolo Nutini – New Shoes
- Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You
- The Strokes – Last Nite
- Tom Jones & Stereophonics – Mama Told Me Not To Come
- Aloe Blacc – I Need A Dollar
- Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are
- Cee Lo Green – Bright Lights Bigger City
- Cee Lo Green – Forget You
- Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
- Olly Murs – Dance With Me Tonight
- Olly Murs – Thinking Of Me
Brilliant band and just unbelievable vocals - thank you so much for making our wedding day so special. We couldn't leave the dance floor, every time we tried you played another amazing song and we kept dancing. Would highly recommend Beat Kings to anyone looking for a great dance and a lovely band to make your event really special. Thanks again. x
What an amazing live band. We honestly could not have been happier. Pick these guys - you will not be disappointed! Absolute legends. Thank you for an incredible set for our wedding. Big love. Will and Lizzie.
The band were amazing, they absolutely made the night! Our party was 80's themed and they pulled out some great 80's songs! I have only heard positive feedback :) Thanks again for helping make our party a great night!
AMAZING!! Couldn't have asked for better.
We had really good feedback for the band from guests and staff, thank you!
Fantastic! The Beat Kings played at our wedding last week. Having only listened to a few clips of them on the internet we really hoped that they would be as good in real life. The dance floor was always packed. We loved them and all of guests commented on how good they were too. I would thoroughly recommend them!!
They were fantastic - not only as a band, but also lovely guys! It was nice to have them as part of the celebration. All the guests have been raving about them on the night and numerous emails and messages in the last 2 days have all talked about what a great band we booked. Thank you so much.
The Beat Kings are a fantastic band. They are a very talented group of musicians who play a great selection of classic soul, funk and Motown songs. They played at my wedding recently and everyone loved them, they created a real party atmosphere. A number of guests have since commented on the quality of the band. I would definitely recommend The Beat Kings.
Beat Kings have performed at hundreds of private parties, weddings & corporate functions, including for numerous household name companies, and at some of the nations most prestigious venues.
- Top quality crystal clear PA system & lighting rig
- PA available for announcements
- 2 x 1hr or 3 x 40min sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.