The wedding industry is not only a gigantic industry to be in, it’s a pretty one too. Warble has the pleasure of working alongside all kinds of weird and wonderful suppliers to make every wedding a day to remember and today we’re adding a little beauty to the Warble blog. Say hello to Jenni Hughes, a very talented and lovely make-up artist based in Nottingham who has put together a handful of tips for you brides-to-be in need of some useful guidance.
‘You’ve bagged the love of your life, you’re engaged… Congratulations. The venue is booked, you have your wedding date, now it’s time to put all of those wedding day dreams in motion and make it a reality. The dress, flowers, cake, band, the rings, there is so much to think about. I personally couldn’t thank spreadsheets enough, but enough about my day. My name is Jennie, I am a professional make-up artist and yes, we are indeed going to chat about make-up.
Make-up is one of your most important accessory, the jewel in your crown of confidence. Finding the perfect makeup artist is like searching for diamond dust. It’s a big deal, so I’ve put together some tips that will help you in your search for ‘the one’.
Here are my top 10 tips for finding YOUR perfect makeup artist:
- Research – Use everything you can… Google, bridal magazines, blogs and any kind of social media to search for makeup artists in your area. Search your region and further afield, several top makeup artists will travel nationally and internationally for their brides.
- Suits You – Think about how you’d like to look on your wedding day and look for a makeup artist that suits your style.
- Social Media – When you find a make-up artist you are keen on, check their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. A professional artist will take pride in their work and will want to showcase it wherever possible, the more work, the better.
- References – Look for extensive galleries of previous work and testimonials.
- Contact makeup artists for quotes with as much information as possible. Include your date, venue, postcodes for trial and wedding day and any special requirements that you may have.
- Ask Questions – And lots of them. Which products are used? How does the process work? Is your makeup artist insured?
- All About You – Check that your booking is the only booking your makeup artist has on your wedding morning. You should feel important, special and in no way rushed on your big day.
- Communication – A top makeup artist should have great communications skills too. Look for someone who responds promptly to emails and is happy to chat over the phone or meet in person.
- Security – Ensure your booking is secured with a deposit and confirmed in writing, the last thing you want is any nasty surprises.
- Personable – On the day of your trial a great makeup artist will get to know YOU and all of the details of your day. Make sure you ask lots of questions and don’t be afraid to make any changes to your look.
You are now ready to feel amazing on your wedding day so sit back, relax and allow your chosen make-up artist to create your wedding dream right before your very eyes, lips and cheekbones.
‘Jenni Hughes is an award winning professional makeup artist and owner of Make Up By Jenni. She has worked with countless brides over the years at fabulous venues all over the UK. You will also find her work across some of the most popular bridal blogs and national magazines and has been lucky enough to have worked with a celebrity or two.’
You can find Jenni’s work at www.makeupbyjenni.co.uk
Stalk her on social media:
Published by Warble Entertainment