A Bride and Groom’s first dance is becoming one of the biggest moments of the wedding day. Whether it be a romantic slow dance to a well known love song, a rock song for the moshers in the family or a flash mob involving all of the guests, it will invariably be a very well thought out and special moment for all attending… unless of course, the bride and groom are extra shy and just want to get it over and done with and GET THE PARTY STARTED!
The guys at DK Management have put together a list of the top 10 first dance requests to their bands, so if you don’t have a special song in mind and are struggling to pick one, this may help!
You can also find our newest list of 100 first dance songs for more assistance with your choices.
1. Just Say Yes – Snow Patrol – Snow Patrol are known for their emotional and meaningful lyrical songs so definitely one of the most popular requests. This song will certainly touch the hearts of all.
2. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz – A great acoustic track, beautiful lyrics and perfect for that slow dance with your new husband or wife. Everyone loves a bit of Jason!
3. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars – DK are big fans of Bruno and all our bands always enjoy playing this track. It’s certainly one for the brides and a great one for everyone to join in with.
4. Iris – Goo Goo Dolls – A true classic and for years to come this will be a very popular choice!
5. It’s All About You – McFly – Such a fun song, a great vibe and always a favourite. This is also a great song to personalise for all of you creative couples out there… just like the writer, Tom Fletcher from McFly did for his own wedding speech:
6. Use Somebody (Acoustic) – Kings Of Leon – No matter how many times you hear this song you will always find yourself singing along. A song that always goes down a storm in all our band’s regular sets, and acoustically, it is perfect for the newlyweds to have ‘that moment’ together.
7. More Than Words – Extreme – A personal favourite for The Daggers. An amazing duet with awesome vocals and just right for a slow dance.
8. I Wanna Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler – If you have seen the film ‘The Wedding Singer’, we won’t need to explain how funny this is (If you haven’t seen the film it should be next on your list).
9. Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol – The ones that patrol the snow have done it again. Chasing Cars has a well deserved spot in this top 10 and one that needs no description. You should check out Indie Killers version of this one too!
10. I Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Muse Cover – A great reworking of a classic track to please the whole crowd. You will find all of your guests singing along and perfect if you are looking to have everyone join you on the dance floor.
And there you have it… The top 10 requested tracks for that all important first dance.
We would love to hear about your first dance moments or any songs you think deserve a place in our top 10 so let us know in the comments below, via facebook or Twitter or email them to email@example.com
Published by Warble Entertainment