Bob Mills burst on to the London Comedy scene in 1985, turning the faltering Alternative establishment on its head with his unique, challenging brand of laddish irreverent stand-up. Over the next ten years he established himself as one of the most successful live acts in the country, as well as putting together a string of acclaimed TV and radio credits. His performances as host of ITV's flagship daytime game show 'Win Lose Or Draw', treading the fine line between pensioners favourite, and student’s cult hero, and his weird and wonderful late night 'In Bed With MeDinner', are still remembered fondly wherever intelligent TV fans meet.
Bob Mills burst on to the London Comedy scene in 1985, turning the faltering "Alternative" establishment on its head with his unique, challenging brand of laddish irreverent stand-up.
Over the next ten years he established himself as one of the most successful live acts in the country, as well as putting together a string of acclaimed TV and radio credits.
His performances as host of ITV's flagship daytime game show 'Win Lose Or Draw', treading the fine line between pensioners favourite, and student’s cult hero, and his weird and wonderful late night 'In Bed With MeDinner', are still remembered fondly wherever intelligent TV fans meet.
He also hosted, 'There's Only One Brian Moore', and 'Dial Midnight' for LWT, 'Not A Lot Of People Know That' for BBC1, as well as over 200 shows for VH1, including major documentary/ interviews with Eric Clapton, Phil Collins and Cher. He's recently appeared on The Weakest Link Comedian's Special.
In 1995 he starred in what he regards as his finest work, to date, Channel 4's 'The Show'. These eight one hour programmes featuring fly-on-the-wall film of the making of a real chat show, are widely regarded as the template for much of the reality TV that continues to dominate the schedules today.
On radio Bob has presented his own shows on BBC London and he still regularly covers for Danny Baker. He's also a popular guest on 'Fighting Talk' (BBC Radio 5) & Loose Ends (BBC Radio 4).
Since 1996 Bob has combined his TV, radio & live performances, with his role as writer and producer. He was responsible for two series of ITV's award winning, critically acclaimed 'Bob Martin', giving Michael Barrymore his acting debut. On his debut as a film producer he helped Julie Walters to a Best Actress BAFTA in 'My Beautiful Son', also receiving his own coveted nomination from the Academy.
Bob co-wrote and produced 'Stan The Man' which starred John Thomson & Gaynor Faye, the six-part comedy-drama 'Northern Lights' which starred Mark Benton & Robson Green, as well as an episode of Shameless and the feature length film 'Pierrepoint' that starred Timothy Spall & Juliet Stevenson and premiered in 2006.
TELEVISION credits include:
AS A PRESENTER:
• 1992/99 IN BED WITH MEDINNER, ITV (6 series). Written & presented by Bob.
• 1993/95 GAMES WORLD, SKY TV (3 series)
• 1993/98 VH1. PRESENTER. DAILY SHOWS
• Presented 'The Vinyl Years' 'Look Back In Angora' and 'Mills and Tunes' daily, plus in depth documentary features with Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Cher Van Morrison and a host of others. Covered Q-Awards for station for five years.
• 1994/95 GOALS ON SUNDAY, SKY TV, Co-Presenter (2 Series)
• 1994/96 WIN LOSE OR DRAW, ITV, (3 series)
• 1995. NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT, BBC 1 (1 series)
• 1995 THE SHOW, Channel 5 (8 x 60 min series)
• 1998/99. TAKING THE PITCH. ITV 2, (2 series)
• 1999/2001 DON'T MENTION THE SCORE, ITV 2 (2 series)
• THERE'S ONLY ONE BRIAN MOORE, LWT
• DIAL MIDNIGHT, LWT
• NEVER MIND THE BUZZCOCKS, BBC 2
• HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, BBC 2
• THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER, BBC 1
• CELEBRITY SQUARES, ITV
• RICHARD AND JUDY (x 2), Channel 4
• BIG BREAKFAST (x 2), Channel 4
• THE JACK DOCHERTY SHOW (x 4) Channel 4
• BIG BROTHERS LITTLE BROTHER, Channel 4 (2006/07)
• THE WEAKEST LINK-COMEDIANS SPECIAL, BBC 1, 2007
• CALL MY BLUFF' (x 4) BBC
• CHRITIAN O'CONELL'S WORLD CUP SPECIAL, ITV
• JOHNNY VAUGHAN SHOW, BBC
• NICK HANCOCK'S BOOM-BANG-A-BANG, UK Gold
RADIO credits include:
• 1999/2003 GLR SUNDAY NIGHT SHOW (Presented own show)
• 2004 BBC LONDON 94.9 SATURDAY MORNING SHOW (presented own show)
• Since 1999 has been regular presenter standing in for Danny Baker on BBC London
• FIGHTING TALK, BBC Radio 5 (regular guest 2006 & 2007)
• LOOSE ENDS, BBC Radio 4 (regular guest)
CORPORATE - since 2005 includes:
• PHONES-4-YOU NATIONAL CONFERENCE. BIRMINGHAM METROPOLE. 2005
• SOCIETY of INDEPENDENT PROPERTY AGENTS ANNUAL DINNER. PARK LANE HOTEL. 2005/06/07.
• NEOPOST ANNUAL CONFERENCE. BIRMINGHAM METROPOLE. 2006
• BRITISH GREETING CARD INDUSTRY AWARDS. SAVOY HOTEL. 2006
• NATIONAL RECYCLING AWARDS. BOURNEMOUTH INTERNATIONAL; CENTRE. 2006
• BRITISH HOMEWARE AWARDS. ROYAL LANCASTER HOTEL. 2006
• NATIONAL COOLING AWARDS. ROYAL LANCASTER HOTEL. 2006
• SHARP EDGE AWARDS. QUAGLINOS. 2007
• BULLION DEALERS ANNUAL DINNER. LONDON. 2007.
• N-POWER COMIC RELIEF TOUR. 2007.
• LIGHTING DESIGN AWARDS. LONDON HILTON. 2007.
• NATIONAL EXHIBITION AWARDS. HACKNEY EMPIRE. 2007.
• PLASTICS INDUSTRY AWARDS. LONDON HILTON. 2007.
• ISLAND CRUISES LAUNCH PARTY. LONDON. 2007.
• LONDON CONGESTION CHARGE. Series of six witty, informative TV Adverts to introduce the scheme, with accompanying Radio campaign.
• BLACK GRAPE ALBUM LAUNCH
• MARS REGIONAL COMPETITION
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.