Based in London, Contempo are an upbeat Rock and Pop band with a wide ranging repertoire of songs, making them perfect for any event.
- Versatile Four Piece Party Band
- Free Song Request For Your Event
- Large Repertoire of Songs
- Fully Self Contained with Sound and Lighting Equipment
- Fully Insured and Safety Tested Equipment
With over 30 years combined expereince, Contempo is a slick and professional outfit that understands how important your day is.
Contempo are made up of a core of professional musicans who have one thing in common - versatility. They offer a wide array of textures to your event; from modern pop to fill the dance floor when the party really gets going, all the way to classical guitar to give a ceremony added elegance.
The band pride themselves on being the most versatile and bespoke party band in the UK so that when you book them, you know you're getting exactly what you want.
- Backing Tracks
If you would like something extra special, then you can add the following extra members-
- Extra female vocalist
- 2 female dancers
Contempo also offer a wide variety of optional extras for your event including;
- An acoustic trio or quartet. Perfect for drinks receptions
- A jazz trio or quartet. Ideal for accompanying dinner
- A classical guitarist. For ceremonies or all of the above
Contempo offers a free DJ service so the party doesn't stop when they do.
Modern Pop Classics
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Get Lucky – Pharrell
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Happy – Pharrell
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Our Time – Lilly Allen
- Counting Stars – One Republic
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Halo – Beyonce
- Crazy Love – Beyonce
- Love On Top – Beyonce
- I Knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift
- Greatest Day – Take That
- Bang Bang – Jessie J
- Only Girl In The World – Rhianna
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Waiting All Night – Rudimental
- Feel the Love – Rudimental
- Rather be – Clean Bandit
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Please Don’t Stop The Music – Rhianna
- Nobody to Love – Sigma
- Summer – Calvin Harris
- My Love – Route 94
- Blame – Calvin Harris
- Love Me Again – John Newman
- Heaven – Emeli Sande
- We Found Love – Rhianna
- Addicted To You – Avicii
- Money On My Mind – Sam Smith
- Changing – Paloma Faith
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Sex On Fire – Kings Of Leon
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Dakota – Stereophonics
- Hanging On The Telephone – Blondie
- Jonny B Good – Chuck Berry
- You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry
- Summer of '69- Bryan Adams
- Chic – Le Freak
- Donna Summer – Hot Stuff
- The Trammps – Disco Inferno
- EW&F – September
- EW&F – Boogie Wonderland
- Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
- Jackson 5 – Blame It On The Boogie
- Rose Royce – Car Wash
- Jamiroquai – Canned Heat
- Heatwave – Martha & The Vandellas
- Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
- Signed Sealed – Stevie Wonder
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
Fantastic band, Great night!
Great band! So glad we booked them for our wedding reception. They really helped us to make it a night to remember. Very professional and a good laugh. Book Contempo - You won’t regret it!
Contempo were a great choice for our wedding. They provided acoustic music for our afternoon drinks and it really set the mood. The evening show was very popular with our guests, the dance floor was full all night. I will recommend them to my friends.
Contempo have extensive experience of providing entertainment for private clients as well as corporate clients and the military.
My venue has a sound limiter, is this a problem?
In a word, no! As long as we are forewarned and the limiter is not set to an unworkable decibel level (roughly anything below 90db is unworkable for our electric band) then it will be fine. To put it into context, wedding reception crowds generally have a base db level of around 70-80db. Most venues are open to being flexible about sound limiters as long as the act is compliant to their volume expectations.
Can I request songs?
We are happy to learn one special song for your event, for example a first dance. If you wish to request songs that aren’t in our repertoire on top of this, then there will be a small charge to cover rehearsal costs. It is generally better if you inform us of a couple of songs you definitely do/don’t want from our rep and let us craft a set list that we know will work for your guests.
How long does it take to set up?
Notwithstanding venue/event specific factors it generally takes us 1 hour to set up and sound check from the point of having access to the space. During this time we will need to make noise at gig level to ensure the sound is just right for your event. We understand that sometimes this will not be possible, don’t worry we are highly experienced professionals and we can work in nearly any conditions.
How much space do you need?
Our 4 piece electric band inclusive of speakers and lights takes up roughly 4 metres x 3 metres. We are flexible with the space we use but there must be plug points close by.
- 2 x 45 Minutes
- 2 x 60 Minutes
Set lengths available to tailor to your event. The Acoustic act offers 2 x 30 minute sets or a 1 hour set.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.