Dan & Jess
Dan and Jess are an acoustic duo playing stylish acoustic guitar and dynamic vocals. They can provide an extensive repertoire of pop, jazz and soft rock songs.
Upbeat or laid back they can create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion.
Dan & Jess
Dan and Jess have been playing together for three years, their music is a mixture of upbeat pop and rock songs to laid back jazz. They have played at many different types of events including bars, weddings, art exhibitions and restaurants their style fits any occasion and can be tailor made to suit your needs.
They can make every performance unique to your requirements and can play any songs requested off their set list or even learn your favourite song free of charge!
Jess has been singing for twelve years and has had an array of different experiences from musical theatre to fronting a rock band to singing in jazz clubs. Her powerful and soulful voice can suit all types off different songs from upbeat to soft.
Dan has been a guitarist for fourteen years, playing in many types of bands and arrangements from rock and blues bands right through to playing in jazz bars. He favours the acoustic guitar for its beautiful organic sound and versatility. Having had such an array of experience Dan knows how to best suit Jess' vocal style.
Dan and Jess also come with there own PA system and transport. They are a fully self contained act, and are bookable on short notice. They are based in Staffordshire but are willing to travel nationwide.
Dan and Jess are also insured with public liability insurance and are members of the musicians union.
- Female Vocals and Acoustic Guitar
Laid Back & Relaxed
- Put Your Records On – Corinne Bailey
- Hey Ya – Outkast / Obadiah Parker
- Sunrise – Norah Jones
- Set Fire To The Rain – Adele
- Yellow – Coldplay
- Blowers Daughter – Damien Rice
- Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) – Green Day
- Half The World Away – Oasis
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
- Sweet Child Of Mine – Guns and Roses / Sheryl Crow
- Babe Im Gonna Leave You – Led Zeppelin
- Blackbird – The Beatles
- Times Like These – Foo Fighters
- Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- My Hero – Foo Fighters
- Wicked Game – Chris Isaak
- Drive – Incubus
- Mr Brightside – The Killers.
- Ironic – Alanis Morissette
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo!ole (version)
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Kiss Me – Sixpence None The Richer
Upbeat Acoustic Songs
- Mercy – By Duffy
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Want You Back – Jackson 5
- Wild Young Hearts – The Noisettes
- Mamma Do – Pixie Lott
- I Need a Dollar – Aloe Blacc
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Rehab – Amy Winehouse
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Hey, Soul Sister – Train
- Come Together – The Beatles
- Forget you – Cee Lo Green
- Loving You – Paolo Nutini
- Rudimental – Feel The Love
- Lightning Bolt – Jake Bugg
- Blame It On Me – George Ezra
- Use Somebody – Kings Of Leon
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons.
- Song Bird – Fleetwood Mac
- All Of Me – John Legand
- Somewhere Only We Know – Lilly Allen (version)
- You Do Something To Me – Paul Weller
- Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong/Eva Cassidy
- Home – Michael Buble
- Candy – Paolo Nutini
- Yours – Ella Henderson
- Lego House – Ed Sheeran
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Each Day Gets Better – John Legand
- At Last – Eva Cassidy
- Time After Time – Eva Cassidy
- Linger – The Cranberries
- Your Song – Ellie Goulding
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
- Only Exception – Paramore
- Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s
- With or Without You – U2
- Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
- Just Like a Star – Corrine Bailey Rae
- Next To Me – Emeli Sande
- Nothings Real Like Love – Rebecca Ferguson
- Rule The World – Take That
- You’ve Got The Love – Florence and The Machine
- Little Things – One Direction
- Love In A Hopeless Place – Rihanna
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis
- Wonderful Life – Alterbridge
- Angel – Sarah McLachlan
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alisha Keys
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Whithers
- Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- You and Me – Lifehouse
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
Dan and Jess were an absolute pleasure. Really helpful and accommodating, and their performance was perfectly suited to the relaxed atmosphere on the day. Thank you both so much! xxx
Dan and Jess were perfect for my laid back 50th birthday party in the garden. Lots of my guests commented on Jess's beautiful voice and their 2 sets added a real party atmosphere to the evening. They were prompt and personable and set up with no fuss. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family. Thank you Dan and Jess.
Very professional. Fantastic music. Everyone loved them.
Thank you for playing for us on Sunday. You were both amazing and helped make our day perfect. We loved your version of Set Fire To The Rain, and wish we had recorded it. Absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much.
Fantastic duo. Dan and Jess really impressed our guests with their flawless performance. They were the perfect choice for our wedding. :) Thank you. x
Dan and Jess were amazing at our wedding, not only sounded beautiful on the day I found Dan was extremely helpful and supportive throughout the whole process of choosing our play list. And, organising where we wanted them to play at the venue. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding as they really created a great atmosphere for our guests to enjoy themselves! Thanks again you were awesome!!
Live music can add a beautiful atmosphere to your ceremony, Dan & Jess can play a few songs as your guests arrive and a special song as you walk down the aisle. After your service they can play a couple of songs for your guests as you are signing the register and then finally a song as you leave as a married couple.
The Drinks Reception
While your guests are enjoying drinks and you are having your photos taken Dan & Jess can provide some great live music to entertain your guests. This can be either 2 x 45 minutes sets or just 1 x 90 minute set if your short on time. They can also play outside (weather permitting).
The Wedding Breakfast
To create an intimate, relaxed atmosphere Dan and Jess can play a selection of easy listening and contemporary pop songs as you and your guests enjoy food and drinks. As a guide the Duo usually play 2 x 45 minute sets of songs but can play for as long or short as you would like.
Early Evening Entertainment
Great if you want something a little different to entertain your guests for your early evening before a DJ or Band start, couples usually like them to play their first dance song, which Dan and Jess can either learn for you or you can choose from the set list.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.