Dysfunktonal are a top professional 4-7-piece high-energy female fronted party band. They play everything from Funk and Soul classics to current Pop hits and modern floor fillers. With their ever growing reputation, Dysfunktonal are becoming one of the most popular party bands in the UK.
Put simply, Dysfunktional will turn your event into a proper gig. They’re not a function band as you know it. They are a 5-piece band who just happen to play covers. Their own top-of-the-range PA system and lighting rig is looked after a professional sound engineer at every gig.
This band play everything from Funk and Soul classics to current Pop hits and modern floor fillers, not to mention a few tongue-in-cheek wild cards thrown in for good measures. With their ever growing reputation, Dysfunktional are becoming one of the most popular party bands in the UK.
All band members are professional session musicians, who have toured or been in projects with some of the UK’s top Pop artists, including, Beverly Knight, Jessie J, Rizzle Kicks, Two Door Cinema Club and John Newman.
As well as the 5-piece band, a two piece horn section can be added as an optional extra, plus you can also hire in the bands very own Professional DJ to fill the gaps for when the band isn’t playing.
Female fronted 4-piece:
- Lead Vocal
Female fronted 5-piece:
- Lead Vocal
- 2 piece horn section
- Professional DJ (with full system and extra disco lights)
Modern Pop Hits
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Locked out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
- We Found Love – Rihanna
- Only Girl– Rihanna
- Forget You - Cee Lo Green
- I’ve Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
- California Gurls – Katy Perry
- Rolling in the Deep - Adele
- Crazy In Love – Beyonce
- You Got the Love - Florence and The Machine
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Mercy – Duffy
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- Canned Heat / Cosmic Girl - Jamiroquai
- September - Earth Wind And Fire
- Boogie Wonderland - Earth Wind and Fire
- Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
- Car Wash - Rose Royce
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- Best Of My Love - Emotions
- Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
- Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera
- Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan
- I'm So Excited - The Pointer Sisters
- Disco Inferno - The Trammps
- Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- Rock With You - Michael Jackson
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- December '63 - The Four Seasons
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - The Jackson 5
- Blame it on the Boogie - The Jackson 5
- Kiss – Prince
- Good Times – Chic
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
Classic Motown, Funk & Soul
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- Hard To Handle – Otis Reading
- Think - Aretha Franklin
- I Want You Back / ABC - The Jackson 5
- Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
- Everybody Needs Somebody - The Blues Brothers
- I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
- I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
- Soul Man - The Blues Brothers
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Get Down On it - Kool & The Gang
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Don’t stop me now - Queen
- Sex on fire – The Kings on Leon
- Let me entertain you – Robbie Williams
- Living on a prayer – Bon Jovi
- Place your hands – Reef
- Simply The Best – Tina Turner
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- 9-5 – Dolly Parton
- Sumer of 69 – Brian Adams
- I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- I’m A Believer – The Monkeys
We had a perfect wedding day and Dysfunktional were such an important element in that – we are so thankful to them and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone seeking talented musicians for their special event. We sincerely hope to get an opportunity to see and hear the band again and have been promoting them to any newly engaged couples we’ve come across!!
- The Ritz
Just to mention a few...
Between them band members have also toured in Japan, China, USA, Australia, Mexico and throughout Europe. Festival appearances for the band members include Glastonbury, Reading, Leeds, T in the Park, I Tunes, Oxegen (Ireland), Summersonic (Japan), Splendour in the Grass (Australia), Bennicassim (Spain), Melt (Germany) and Corona Capital (Mexico). You might well have seen a band member on TV too as their credits include Later With Jools Holland, Le Grande Journal (Paris), Jimmy Kimmel (LA, USA) and The Late Late Show (Dublin).
Do you have your own lights and PA system?
Yes. Dysfunktional have a top quality PA system – Turbosound, Milan series – and a lighting rig adequate for both the stage and dance floor.
Do you have an engineer?
Yes. We pride ourselves on the professional quality of our show. To ensure this we have an engineer for all events to get the best quality sound. Our sound engineer is as much a part of the band as the musicians.
How long do you need to set up?
Ideally we need an hour and a half to set up, sound check and then tidy up and get the stage looking presentable. This can be a disruptive process so we prefer to do this before any guests arrive, or at least while guests are in a different room.
How much space for a staging area to you need?
The Band will require an approximate size area of 16ft x 10ft for the set-up of all lighting and Band equipment. A secondary area will also be required in front of The Band (or side of stage depending on venue size) approximately 8ft x 5ft for the set-up of the lighting and PA controls and associated equipment.
The Band can work with smaller venues (and staging areas), however accurate details on this have to be given at the time of booking.
How long will you play for?
The band will perform 2 X 1 hour sets.
Will you play for longer?
Yes we can perform for longer but there will be additional charges for this, which has to be agreed at the time of booking.
What will you wear?
We always dress smartly and suitably for the occasion.
Do you take requests?
We can learn specific songs to play at your event. The first dance at a wedding is free. Any other songs have an additional charge of £80 per song to cover rehearsal costs.
How long do the breaks last?
The timing for when we play and how long our breaks last can be tailored to your schedule.
Can you play recorded music during the break?
Yes. If you do not have a DJ at your event we are happy to provide suitable recorded music on an iPod to play through our PA system during the breaks.
Do you expect to be fed?
Yes, the band should be provided with a hot meal and soft drinks before they perform.
Do you have insurance?
Yes. We have public liability insurance for damages up to £5,000,000.
- The band will perfrom 2 x 1 hour sets.
- The band can perform for longer but there will be additional charges for this, which has to be agreed at the time of booking.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.