Prepare to be charmed by Fireflies! Bringing a touch of class with their beguiling blend of sultry female vocals and stunning acoustic guitar, this acoustic duo perform their own unique arrangements of well known classics from every genre of music, and have universal appeal. Multi tracking themselves live on stage using a loop pedal, they can create a full sound, and so are equally at home performing laid-back ballads and more upbeat numbers, and will tailor their set exactly to your requirements to create the perfect ambience for your event.
What's more, if you feel like stepping up to the mic yourself, Fireflies will happily prepare the song of your choice in advance, so you can wow your guests with your own vocal prowess. And if that's not enough, they can even provide a bespoke guitareoke/singalong option for you and your guests. So if you want to do something a little different and really make it a night to remember - Fireflies are the perfect choice for you!
With brains as well as "the voice of an angel", singer Supriya balanced her former career as doctor with music until deciding to follow her true passion full-time. A captivating performer, the richly luxurious tones of her voice are deeply warm and soft, and yet emotionally powerful and punchy. These qualities make her at home performing right across the genres, from sultry jazzy numbers to current chart hits. She is also the lyricist for a musical comedy act, and has had articles published in Cosmopolitan and Marie-Claire magazines.
Guitarist Kester has been a full time professional musician all his life. A university graduate in music, he is able to effortlessly slip from jazzy acoustic solos to classical bossa novas, via full on funk and rock. Affable, and fun, he has performed with and supported many big names, including Jamiroquai, James, Pulp, Go West, Jason Donovan and Matt Cardle. He has graced the stages of the UK’s most prestigious venues, including London's O2, and played to audiences of tens of thousands. Kester is a popular guitarist amongst actors and celebrities, his most recent client being Simon Bird, of Inbetweeners fame. He has even performed to the Queen!
Offering simple performance sets, singalong or guitareoke sets, as well as the option of accompanying the client if they wish to perform a speciai song themselves, Fireflies are the ultimate in flexibilty, and will ensure that your party or event goes with a swing!
- Acoustic Guitar
Kester is also a classical guitarist, so Fireflies are able to offer anything from additional whole classical guitar sets to a single piece of classical music. This is particularly popular at weddings, especially for the processional and/or recessional, if the couple are looking for something a little more traditional for the ceremony itself.
Fireflies are also able to add a percussionist to the line-up (featuring cajon, djembe, tambourine and egg shaker) and a bass player with backing vocals.
- Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald
- Til There Was You - Meredith Wilson
- As Time Goes By - Herman Hupfeld
- The Nearness Of You - Hoagy Carmichael
- Fly Me To The Moon - Julie London
- Moondance - Van Morrison
- Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
- These Foolish Things - Maschwitz and Strachey
- That Ole Devil Called Love - Billie Holiday
1960's and 70's
- Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack
- I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
- Your Song - Elton John
- Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- You've Got A Friend - Carole King
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- Stand By Me - Ben E.King
- Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
- We Are The Champions - Queen
- The Power Of Love - Gabrielle Aplin (originally Frankie Goes to Hollywood)
- Through The Barricades - Spandau Ballet
- Thinking Of You - Sister Sledge
- Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
- It Must Be Love - Madness
- Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns n Roses
- Love Cats - The Cure
- Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
- Midnight At The Oasis - Brand New Heavies
- Get Here - Oleta Adams
- Stay - Lisa Loeb
- You Do Something to Me - Paul Weller
- Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
- Black Horse And The Cherry Tree - Kt Tunstall
- Dreaming Of You - The Coral
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
- Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey-Rae
- Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
- Leave Right Now - Will Young
- She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
- The Fear - Lily Allen
- Breakeven - The Script
- American Boy - Estelle
- Make You Feel My Love - Adele
- Empire State Of Mind - Alicia Keys
- Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner
- She Moves In Her Own Way - The Kooks
- Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
- The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
- Romeo - Basement Jaxx
- Golden Touch - Razorlight
- Steer - Missy Higgins
- You Got The Love - Florence and the Machine
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- Set Fire To The Rain - Adele
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Just Be - Paloma Faith
- Slow - Rumer
- Someone Like You - Adele
- The A Team - Ed Sheeran
- Forget You - Cee Lo Green
- The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
- Lovesong - Adele
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Jar Of Hearts - Christina Perri
- Titanium - David Guetta
- Next To Me - Emeli Sande
- Counting Stars - One Republic
- Price Tag - Jessie J
- Clown - Emeli Sande
The Fireflies provided a great acoustic set for a networking drinks reception.
All our guests commented on how amazing you both sounded. The chilled out playlist you put together was perfect for our wedding reception. Wish we could use you again!
Saturday was the day of our daughter's wedding in a beautiful barn and courtyard setting.The occasion was topped off brilliantly by Supriya and Kester, who played 3 sets on the day. They were involved from early on in the planning process, and I was able to rely upon them completely on song choice, and to set up before the arrival of guests and bridal party. To be greeted by simply sensational vocals and sublime guitar accompaniment was perfect - our guests were blown away. If you are thinking of hiring Fireflies...why are you thinking? Just get on and do it - you will not be disappointed!
- Newbury Racecourse
- The Bluebird Bar and Restaurant, Kings Road Chelsea
- Sir Richard Bradbury, Brockett Hall, Hertfordshire
- Walton Hall, Warwickshire, Wedding
- Copes Farm, Great Kinshill, Bucks, Wedding
- Waddesdon Manor Dairy, Buckinghamshire, Wedding
- Stoke Place, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, Wedding
- Bearwood Lakes Golf Club, Berkshire
- Little Angel Restaurant, Henley on Thames
- High Road House, Chiswick, London,
- Browns Restaurant, Reading, Berkshire
- Bucklebery Farm, Berkshire, corporate event
- A large number of private parties at residential locations.
Where are Fireflies based?
We are based in Berkshire, about 50 minutes from London, but we are happy to perform all over the South of England and further afield.
How long have Fireflies been performing together?
We have worked together as a duo for over three years, but between us have a lifetime of experience performing in the music industry.
How long do your performances last?
Depending on the event we can do as much or as little as required. Generally speaking, for a champagne reception we tend to do around 45 minutes up to an hour, but again this can be tailored to specific requirements. Many clients request two 45 minute sets, or two hours of material divided into three 40 minute sets. We can be as flexible as you like, and will happily work with you to ensure that we meet your requirements exactly.
What sort of songs do you perform?
We enjoy performing a diverse set list, with songs from many genres. With notice, we are able to arrange and perform any special requested song. We will work with you well in advance of your event to make sure that we understand your requirements, and what sort of ambience you wish to achieve at your function.
What type of events are you suitable for?
Our mellow sound makes us perfect for private birthday and anniversary parties, garden parties, corporate functions, restaurants and, of course, weddings. Well in advance of the event we will contact the client and make sure that we ask all the relevant questions (even down to dress code) so that the client can be sure that we understand excatly what they want.
What are your amplification requirements?
We come with our own discreet but powerful state of the art Bose PA system, which is capable of catering to audience sizes of around 250. We are happy to use the venue’s own set up if appropriate. We require one 13 amp earthed socket, power-wise. All our equipment has undergone electrical PAT testing, and has been certified.
What do you need from the client?
All that we ask for on the day is provision of water to drink, and access to a place to change with a mirror and power socket.
What about Public Liability Insurance?
We are insured to the value of £5 million, but luckily haven’t had to call upon this insurance so far!
- 2 x 45 minutes
- 3 x 40 minutes
- 2 x 60 minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.