Glen R (Swing Singer)
Having being hand picked to perform for the likes of Wayne & Colleen Rooney and many other premiership stars and England internationals, Glen is a young, incredibly talented and charismatic Swing Singer & Acoustic performer who has performed at 100's of Wedding and Events and is guaranteed to be the highlight of your event!
Glen R (Swing Singer)
Typically Glen would perform two 40 minute sets. The first one is often quite relaxed whilst guests are chatting amongst themselves. The second set usually includes more upbeat songs including Bublé, Sinatra, Rat Pack etc.
The important thing to note is that through prior discussion the sets are bespoke for your event and based on numerous customer testimonials, many couples tell Glen that is what makes him different to many other ‘wedding singers’ they looked at before booking Glen.
Using state if the art equipment Glen is able to wander the floor to achieve maximum interaction with guests.
Glen doesn’t perform a “Swing act” each event is unique. Being a fully qualified and licensed Life Coach and NLP Practitioner (Nuro Linguistic Programmer) Glen will interact with your guests, delivering the type of performance suited to the current mood. Then, seconds later and the whole place is on the floor up dancing.
Often when Glen performs acoustically earlier at events he builds up a great bond with the guests, which translates great to the Swing show in the evening. He has been invited to numerous weddings after speaking to Brides and Grooms and even been asked to sit on the top table, very flattering indeed.
Glen has performed for the likes of - Wayne & Coleen Rooney, Olly Murs, Sarah Millican, Manchester United Team, Sir Alex Ferguson, Alan Shearer, Glenn McCrory and many more!
- Glen is a solo performer. Swing he uses the best professional backing tracks available and performs live acoustic and vocals.
- Glen can also provide a live band 4-5-7 pieces. (Extra cost and diary permitting)
Below is a list of current Swing songs in Glens Repertoire (this list is ever growing).
- The Lady Is A Trampâ€¨
- Ain't That a Kick In The Headâ€¨
- Mack The Knifeâ€¨Feverâ€¨
- Me & Mrs. Jonesâ€¨
- Come Fly With Meâ€¨
- Fly Me To The Moonâ€¨
- Luck be a lady tonight
- Young at heart (Sinatra)
- Wonderwall (Swing Arrangement)â€¨
- Mr. Bojangles
- I Get a Kick Out Of Youâ€¨
- I’ve got the world on a string
- Summer Windâ€¨
- Beyond The Seaâ€¨
- Feeling Goodâ€¨
- Crazy little thing called love
- Ive got you under my skin
- Cry Me A Riverâ€¨
- Mr Brightside (swing version)
- My Wayâ€¨
- Haven't Met You Yetâ€¨
- â€¨For Once In My Life
- New York New Yorkâ€¨
- Girl From Ipanemaâ€¨
- Smells like Teen Spirit (Swing Arrangement)â€¨
- The Good Life
Below is a list of current Acoustic songs in Glens Repertoire (this list is ever growing) possibly doubled now.
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
- Always Be Right There - Bryan Adams America - Razorlight
- American Boy - Estele, ft Kanye West
- A Day In The Life - The Beatles
- A Team - Ed Sheeran
- Babylon - David Gray
- Back To Black - Amy Winehouse
- Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
- Beautiful Day - U2 Best Of You - Foo Fighters
- Better Man - Robbie Williams
- Cannonball - Damion Rice
- Champagne Supernova - Oasis
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
- Dakota - Stereophonics
- Day We Caught The Train - Ocean Colour Scene
- Delilah - Plain White T’s
- Empire State Of Mind - Alicia Keys
- Everlong - Foo Fighters
- Feeling Good - Michael Buble
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Forget You - Cee-lo Green
- Glad You Came - The Wanted
- Golden Touch - Razorlight
- Greatest Day - Take That
- Handbags And Glad rags - Stereophonics
- Hero - Enrique Iglesias
- Hey Jude - The Beatles
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
- I Am The Walrus - The Beatles
- I Haven’t Met You Yet - Michael Buble
- I Need A Dollar - Aloe Blac
- I Wouldn’t Believe Your Radio - Stereophonics
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Kiss From A Rose - Seal
- Last Request - Paulo Nutini
- Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
- Lego House - Ed Sheeran
- Light My Fire - The Doors
- Love Supreme - Robbie Williams
- Lucky Man - The Verve
- Make You Feel My Love - Adele
- Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- My Hero - Foo Fighters Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Rule The World - Take That
- Patience - Take that
- She’s Electric - Oasis
- Shine - Take That Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
- Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
- Tears Dry On Their Own - Amy Winehouse
- These Streets - Paulo Nutini The Drugs Don’t Work - The Verve
- The Importance Of Being Idol - Oasis
- The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
- This Love - Maroon 5
- Times Like These - Foo Fighters
- Time Of Your Life (Good Riddance) - Greenday
- Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse We Found Love - Rihanna
- When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
- When We Collide - Biffy Clyro/Matt Cardle
- When You Were Young - The Killers
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Yellow - Coldplay
- You’re In My Heart - Rod Stewart
- Your Song - Elton John
- You Remind Me - Usher
Glen was great would definitely recommend him. We had a retirement party in our home for 40 people and he made it a fabulous party. He is a talented singer and musician.
Glen R is a great singer and set the perfect mood for our function. Would definitely book him again.
Fabulous voice, great entertainer - enjoyed by all.
Glen was fantastic and picked up on the mood of the party. He has a wonderful mellow voice and everyone in the room showered him with compliments. They just loved him. I would have no hesitation in hiring him again - a consummate professional. Thank you for the recommendation.
Glen was all-round fantastic for our Ladies Night fundraising event. He was super relaxed about organisation and logistics, having no issue being flexible to accommodate our event and venue. To boot, he seems a top bloke and is very easy to get on with. As to the performance itself, Glen was just brilliant. He's a great performer, skilful on the guitar/loop-pedal and with a cracking voice. He did 2 different but very entertaining sets; the first acoustic set really set the mood, and the second swing set was electric - by the end he had all of our guests dancing on tables & singing along to New York, New York! He seemed to charm the pants off the ladies in attendance (figuratively speaking!) and all of the guests I spoke to thought he was excellent. We would definitely book Glen R again. Thanks for everything.
Absolutely fantastic. Great voice and a fantastic attitude! There aren't enough that words to express the positive comments by all family and guests. Fantastic!!
I just wanted to drop you a line to say 'Thank You' for last Saturday for your gig at The Portland in Ashington! Everybody had the best time and thought you were absolutely brilliant - I just wish Wayne and I had had more time to sit back and enjoy the show too but it all sounded amazing from where we were! I know quite a few ladies in the audience were not happy to find out you were engaged/married :) Plus a big thank you as I know you did longer than 45mins in the second set, we really appreciate that, as you were obviously aware that the DJ had not arrived. So, thanks again, you were amazing, you did us proud and many, many thanks - we are going to come see your Rat Pack show, that's for sure!
We would both like to thank Glen for his amazing entertainment that he provided at our wedding at the Hotel du Vin, Newcastle. Originally, we were just going to have acoustic guitar playing but I am so pleased that we decided to have the swing as well. He put a shine on an already perfect day, so much so that our guests are still talking about it now. We would both recommend Glen's acoustic guitar playing but especially his swing as he involves all guests with his crooning. A big thank you glen from Gemma and Chris Williams'. Thanks again. If you need any more testimonials just ask.
This is a list of the last 6 months of Glens shows:
- The Tower Bridge Hotel London - National Wedding Awards
- Aintree Race Course - Wayne & Colleen Rooney’s Party
- St James Park (Newcastle United Football Ground) - Residency
- The Hilton Hotel - Residency
- Newton Hall - Wedding
- Ramside Hall - Wedding
- Alnwick Castle - Wedding
- Jesmond Dene House - Christening / Staff parts
- Thorpe Perrow - Stately Manor
- The Mansion Leeds - Tweet Up
- As You Like It - Jesmond - Wedding / Brithday
- The Grand Hotel Tynemouth - 3 Afternoon Parties
- Hoggs Head Inn - Alnwick - “An Evening With Glen” (sold out)
- Bamburgh castle inn - “An Evening With Glen” (sold out)
- Lindisfarne inn - “An Evening With Glen” (sold out)
- Sheppard’s Bush Empire - London - As part of a group
- The biscuit factory - Newcastle - Children in need event
- Panacea Restaurant - Manchester - Ladies Lunch
- Electric Ballroom - London - As part of a group
- South Causey Inn - Wedding
- Grange Over Sands - Cumbria - Wedding
- The ChesterFields - Manchester - 60thBirthday Party
- Black & White Denim - Cheshire (In store performance)
- Castle Eden - Afternoon event
How long do you play for?
- Swing - 1 x 1 hour set as the evening room opens before the DJ
- Acoustic - 3 x 40 minute sets
Note: These can change to best suit your event.
What times do you usually play?
Glen always arranges this with the event organizer or bride and groom. Acoustically normally through the day at the meal and evening as guests are arriving and just before the DJ to get the floor filled and the place jumping.
Can you travel?
Glen has transport and can reach you wherever you are in the country (petrol included).
Can you perform Aisle pieces and First Dances?
An ever-growing FAQ, yes and yes. Glen can perform both Acoustically and Swing. As part of Glen's acoustic he often does his own twists on classics and can come up with an arrangement for practically any song again making your event completly unique.
Can you provide background music?
Yes, but if its after Glen's performance addition costs for being on site will apply.
- Typically Glen would perform 2 x 40 minute sets. The first one is often quite relaxed whilst guests are chatting amongst themselves. The second set usually includes more upbeat songs including Bublé, Sinatra, Rat Pack etc.
- Acoustic - 3 x 40 minute sets through the day event, (back ground)
Please note, each event is planned closely with the Bride and Groom, party planner etc. so times can always be customized.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.