Light Effect are a professional live band performing an awesome set of covers that guarantees to have the dance floor packed at your wedding, function or party. This 4-piece band is made up of top young professional musicians who are very experienced in performing at weddings and events and will guarantee you enjoy a night to remember! The band provides a three-way lead vocal style, giving a huge variety of vocal arrangements to the music!
Based in West Sussex, Light Effect are available for hire at weddings and events in Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Dorset, London, as well as further afield in the UK. The band’s set list features classics from the likes of The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones & Elvis Presley, as well as more modern hits from Killers, Kings Of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Pharell Williams and many more!
The band are self contained with PA/lighting and also provide a pre-mixed disco free of charge (which can be tailored to your tastes) so your whole evening of entertainment is taken care of in just one booking!
As standard Light Effect provide:
- Professional all-male 4-piece band
- 2 x 60 or 3 x 40 minute live sets
- Set list of classic dance floor fillers from 60s to current chart
- Quality PA, LED lighting and pre-mixed disco before and after live sets (so your whole night of entertainment is covered
- PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance (your venue will require the band to have this)
- Your choice of first dance performed
- Option for adding acoustic set for drinks reception
- Lead guitar/lead and backing male vocals
- Rhythm guitar/lead and backing male vocals
- Bass/lead and backing male vocals
- A Punk – Vampire Weekend
- All These Things I’ve Done – The Killers
- Are You Gunna Be My Girl – Jet
- Beggin – Madcon
- Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis
- Cry Me A River – Justin Timberlake
- Dancing In The Moonlight – Toploader
- Dreaming Of You – The Coral
- Get Lucky – Pharrell Williams/ Daft Punk
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- No Tomorrow – Orson
- Ruby – Kaiser Cheifs
- Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Sex On Fire – Kings Of Leon
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- She’s Electric – Oasis
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Use Somebody – Kings On Leon
- Valerie – The Zutons/ Amy Winehouse
- What You Know – Two Door Cinema Club
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- ABC – Jackson 5
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Tarrell
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Can’t Buy Me Love – The Beatles
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Day Tripper – The Beatles
- December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night) – Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Harvest Moon – Neil Young
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Jailhouse Rock – Elvis Presley
- Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry
- Long Train Runnin’ – Doobie Brothers
- One Step Beyond - Madness
- Proud Mary – Credence Clearwater Revival/ Tina Turner
- September – Earth Wind And Fire
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- The Chain – Fleetwood Mac
- This Charming Man – The Smiths
- Town Called Malice – The Jam
- Twist And Shout – The Beatles
- You Really Got Me – The Kinks
Excellent band, went down really well, they seemed to 'get in to the spirit' of things as well and appeared to enjoy the party as much as the guests did! Well done and thanks. Highly recommended.
We had the best day and the band were absolutely incredible! So many people have contacted us to say that they had such a great time dancing (and singing) the night away with the band. We really can’t thank the guys enough for making our day extra special!
- The Manor Barn, Petersfield
- Webs Green Farm, Southampton
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
How long do you take to set-up?
What time do you play?
Any time to suit you, standard prices are for 2 hours of live music, anytime between 7pm and midnight.
How long do you play for?
We can perform up to 2 hours of live music, split in to sets as required. We also provide disco between sets, so your whole night of entertainment is covered.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
Yes - all included in the price.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
Will you perform our first dance?
Yes, as long as we have two weeks notice we will learn the first dance of your choice.
How much space do you require?
We have played in some very small spaces, but ideally a minimum of around 2.5m x 4.5m.
How much power do you require?
2 x 13 amp sockets is fine for our system.
Do I need to provide food/drinks?
Ideally soft drinks and a hot meal or buffet. This is certainly not a deal breaker though so if you can't provide this, just let us know in advance and we'll bring food & drink with us.
- 2 x 60 Minute sets
- 3 x 40 Minute sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.