M&R - Jazz and Soul Duo
M&R are a Brighton-based jazz and soul duo. They offer the perfect relaxed music entertainment for wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate events, private parties and events.
They create flawless renditions of some of the best and well-known jazz and soul classics since the 1920s from Ella Fitzgerald to Amy Winehouse. Whether you would like a favourite song performed during your wedding processional or a versatile jazz set for your private event, M&R will bring something unique and special to your occasion.
M&R - Jazz and Soul Duo
M&R Jazz are a Brighton-based acoustic jazz and soul duo. They have honed their craft of covering melancholy and bouncy jazz and soul classics from as far back as the 1920's.
M&R Jazz are perfect in giving you an array of chilled jazzy acoustic music, with well-known soul tracks, for any type of event you may be having. If you are looking for something to add some authentic ambience to your event, please get in touch for more information and any questions! They are also fully self-contained, so no stress on your end!
In the ceremony they often perform songs, either from their set list or requested songs, for your seated guests and then during the ceremony itself, with any song of your choice performed for the precessional, signing of the register and the exit. They can also perform for a your reception with perfect music to accompany you and your guests through a drinks reception, the dinner or even the evening with acoustic vibes!
CORPORATE AND PRIVATE EVENTS
M&R Jazz can also perform for corporate and private events of any kind! Whether you have a corporate or private dinner you would like background music for or a family event, they can create an ambience that will tie it all together!
Please get in touch with any questions you may have for us, we would love to hear from you!
- 1 x Female Vocalist
- 1 x Acoustic Guitar
- Age - Lianne La Havas
- Beautiful Things - Tori Kelly
- Diamonds Are Forever - Katie Melua (Shirley Bassey cover)
- First Time - Macy Gray (Stripped album)
- Fly Me To The Moon - Angelina Jordan (Frank Sinatra cover)
- Girl From Ipanema - Amy Winehouse (Stan Getz cover)
- Green and Gold - Lianne La Havas
- Into You - Ariana Grande
- Lost & Found - Lianne La Havas
- Midnight - Lianne La Havas
- Say A Little Prayer - Lianne La Havas (Aretha Franklin cover)
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- All My Loving - Amy Winehouse (Beatles cover)
- Hushabye Mountain - Stacey Kent (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang cover)
- Imagine - Eva Cassidy (John Lennon cover)
- Like A Star - Corinne Bailey Rae
- Mack The Knife - Michael Buble (Bobby Darin cover)
- There Is No Greater Love - Amy Winehouse (Billie Holiday cover)
- Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
- Always There - Incognito
- Walk On By - Dionne Warwick
- Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy (Nat King Cole cover)
- Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy (Sting cover)
- Kiss From A Rose - Seal
- My All - Mariah Carey
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy (Judy Garland cover)
- Songbird - Eva Cassidy (Fleetwood Mac)
- Time After Time - Eva Cassidy (Cindy Lauper cover)
- Why Don’t You Do Right? - Joe Pass & Ella Fitzgerald (Peggy Lee cover)
- This Woman’s Work - Kate Bush
- Ain’t No Sunshine - Bill Withers
- Dust in the Wind - Kansas
- Feelings - Joe Pass & Ella Fitzgerald (Morris Albert cover)
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Loving You - Minnie Riperton
- You Turned The Tables On Me - Joe Pass & Ella Fitzgerald
- At Last - Etta James
- Can’t Help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley
- L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
- Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
- The Look of Love - Dusty Springfield
- But Not For Me - Chet Baker
- Cheek to Cheek - Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald
- Cry Me a River - Julie London
- Darn That Dream - Billie Holiday
- I Fall In Love Too Easily - Chet Baker
- In A Sentimental Mood - Ella Fitzgerald
- Lullaby Of Birdland - Sarah Vaughn
- My Funny Valentine - Chet Baker
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Charlie Caplin cover)
- Solitude - Joe Pass & Ella Fitzgerald
- Sway - Dean Martin
- What A Difference A Day Makes - Dinah Washington
- When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole
- Have You Met Miss Jones? - Sarah Vaughn
- Nature Boy - Nat King Cole
- Only Have Eyes For You - Peggy Lee
- Someday My Prince Will Come - Adriana Caselotti
- Summertime - George Gershwin
What a lovely to have played at our wedding on Saturday and we couldn't recommend them more. Whether singing an old classic or a more current song, Melissa's beautiful, soulful voice transforms it into something so special. They both put so much work into preparing and performing their set, the result is perfect, and they made a classy and magical addition to our day. Have your tissues at hand though, when Melissa started singing on of our special requests it moved us to tears!
M&R Jazz were absolutely sublime. Sensitive, skilled playing on guitar and simply beautiful, soaring melodies, effortlessly sung. Every song demanded another round of applause!
- The Grand Hotel, Brighton
- Proud Stanmer House
- The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne
- Cafe Rouge
- East Sussex County Council
- Hendall Manor Barns
- Brookfield Barn
- Frimley Hall Hotel, Surrey
- Wickwoods Country Club
- Browns Brasserie & Bar,
- The Concorde 2,
- Hastings Holy Trinity Church
Do you take song requests?
Yes! We take up to 4 songs per event.
Do you just do Jazz?
No we don't, we also have a pop set avalible.
What is your set up and how long does it take for you to set up?
Our set up is one microphone and one guitar, with a qaulity pa. It takes us 20 minutes to set up.
What is your most popular set times?
Our most popular set, is our 2 x 50 minute sets with 1 x 20 minute break.
Do you have PLI and PAT testing?
Yes, we have certificates for both if needed.
How will M&R complement my wedding day?
In the ceremony we can perform around 6-7 songs of your choice if you wish to take your pick from our selection of songs in our set list. In addition we can also play as the guests are being seated beforehand. In the reception we can play up to 3 hours worth of our music whether it's when our guests are mingling in a drinks reception or during dinner.
Can we book for a corporate event?
Yes, of course! We can provide up to 3 hours worth of music for your even with background music also playing during our breaks for both corporate and Private events. We can provide entertainment for a wide variaty of occasions. Some have included 1920s themed parties, birthdays, Christmas events and outdoor summer BBQ's.
Perfect for Private Events, Receptions and Corporate Events
- 1x 60 Minute set
- 2x 40mins sets / 10mins break (covers 1.5 hours)
- 2x 50mins sets / 20mins break (covers 2 hours)
- 3x 45-50mins sets / 20mins break (covers 3 hours)
Perfect for Wedding Ceremonies and other Celebrations
- Half-hour performance as guests are being seated
- Precessional song
- 2-4 songs for signing of the register
- Recessional song
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.