Poptones are a Soul Function Band based in Southampton, Hampshire but available UK Wide.
Poptones are a sensational professional party band, performing stunning covers of dancefloor fillers from 60s – current chart. Poptones have it all – great musicians, energy, class, a highly polished set, and on top of that, you could not meet a nicer bunch!
The band have a huge repertoire, the option of female and/or male vocals and can tailor the live set and disco between sets to your tastes!
Poptones are a sensational professional party, wedding and function band, performing stunning covers of dancefloor fillers from 60s – current chart. Poptones have it all – great musicians, energy, class, a highly polished set and the band are always friendly, helpful and approachable.
Poptones have a huge repertoire of material and never fail to pack the dancefloor. They can also tailor the set to your tastes, so whether you’re looking for a bit of everything from 60s – current, or a focus on modern covers - Poptones are the band for you. Poptones features the 2006's UK Young Drummer Of The Year, as well as a top 40 hit songwriter. The guys have toured the UK with some of the biggest acts in th UK, performing at top venues & festivals, infront of audiences of up to 10,000 people, and they have now come together to create a top spec function band capable of entertaining at the UK's finest venues.
The band have performed for a huge number of wedding, private & corporate clients including The British Army, The Royal Navy, RAF, B&Q, Cadbury, Sega, Classic Sports Car Club, University Of Southampton, and many more! And at some great venues, such as Southampton & Portsmouth Guildhalls, De Vere Grand Harbour & New Place, Wentworth Club, Old Thorns, The Spinnaker Tower & many more!
Poptones are self-contained with PA, stage lighting & offer 2 x 1 hour sets, as well as provide disco between sets, as standard.
For weddings, the band are also happy to learn a first dance of your choice.
- Bass / Backing Vocals
- Keys / Backing Vocals
- Lead Female and / or Male Vocals
- Optional Trumpet & Saxophone
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson (ft. Bruno Mars)
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
- Sex on Fire - Kings Of Leon
- Crazy In Love/Crazy - Beyonce/Gnarls Barkley
- I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
- Forget You - Cee Lo Green
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
- Mercy - Duffy
- I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
- Somebody Told Me - The Killers
- Mama Told Me Not To Come - Stereophonics
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
- Love Machine - Girls Aloud
- Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
- Place Your Hands - Reef
- Disco 2000 – Pulp
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Firework - Katy perry
- California Gurls - Katy Perry
- Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
- Buck Rogers – Feeder
- Domino – Jessie J
- We Found Love – Rihanna
- I Will Never Let You Down – Rita Ora
- I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
- Think - Aretha Franklin
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett/The Commitments
- Shake a Tail Feather - Ray Charles (Blues Brothers)
- Do You Love Me? - The Contours
- Your Love Keeps Lifting Me (Higher & Higher) - Jackie Wilson
- Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
- Soul Man - Sam & Dave
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks
- Hey Jude - The Beatles
- Daydream Believer - The Monkees
- Proud Mary - Tina Turner
- Gimme Some Lovin' - Blues Brothers
- I Feel Good - James Brown
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Blame It On The Boogie - Jackson 5
- Good Times - Chic
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- Le Freak - Chic
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- December '63 - Frankie Valli
- Young Hearts - Candi Staton
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- Ain't No Stopping Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
- Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
- PYT - Michael Jackson
- Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
- Nine to Five - Dolly Parton
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins
- One Way Or Another - Blondie
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
- I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
- 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
- Rockin' All Over The World - Status Quo
- Love Shack - The B52's
- Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
- The One And Only - Chesney Hawkes
- Don't Stop Believing - Journey
- September - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
Poptones were incredible! I would highly recommend them to anyone who likes a great atmosphere and a crowded dance floor. They kept everyone on the dance floor. They played a range of songs to suits all ages. Thanks again for an amazing night!
The band were amazing! They sounded great - dance floor was full all night, guests loved them and they played our first dance so well - thank you!
A very clear and helpful booking service and fantastic music and entertainment on the night. A very friendly band who are keen to please and were hassle free.
We would highly recommend the Poptones, we had an amazing evening they played all of the great party hits that kept the dance floor full all night. With a special thanks for learning our first dance song at such short notice. Everyone commented on how great the Poptones were and how good it was to see people playing live music and having so much fun. Thank you for helping to make our wedding so memorable!! From the new Mr and Mrs Bowers
Hello, thank you for your superb performance on Saturday at Beaulieu. You kept people on the dance floor all night long! Excellent choice of music played and great vocals. We couldn't have chosen a better band! We had a perfect wedding day. Thank you so much for your contribution. It was also very easy to communicate with Warble and with Nick. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to the band, although my daughter chatted with the singer. I hope that you were well looked after by the Beaulieu team. We would certainly recommend you! Many thanks, Ariadne & Brendan
Brilliant in every respect! Utterly professional and really got the party started. Worked around the fact we were running late and were very flexible and friendly. Awesome singing, amazing set, learnt a new song for our first dance and there's been loads of feedback from our wedding guests about how fantastic you were. Thank you very much indeed for putting the cherry on the icing on the cake of our lovely wedding day. Couldn't recommend you highly enough!
They were great and really contributed to the success of the day. Comments from family and friends were truly positive with a number of guests wondering how we had come about them. Really want to thank the Poptones for making our wedding truly memorable. Given that we also had two bands (the other italian), they were very accommodating and worked well with each other.
Hi Jennie, They were AWESOME!!!! Really really pleased, everyone raved about them, thank you so much for setting it up. Richard
Cadbury, Virgin Atlantic, Sega, Rockstar, B&Q, Accenture, Toyota, Corporate Games, Milestone Events, Dare London, Proctor & Gamble, PricewaterhouseCoopers, T-Mobile, LG, Orange, ComVort Network, Burgoynes & Partners, Cardiff University, G3 Mag, Red Arrow, Revolver Group, Hot Courses, The British Army, The Royal Navy, RAF, The Energy Saving Trust, Serco, The Great Dorset Steam Fair, Classic Sports Car Club, Realty Insurance & many more! As well as many happy private party and wedding bookers!
How long do you take to set-up?
What time do you play?
Any time to suit you, standard prices are for 2 hours of live music, anytime between 7pm and midnight.
How long do you play for?
We can perform up to 2 hours of live music, split in to sets as required. We also provide disco between sets, so your whole night of entertainment is covered.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
Yes - all included in the price.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
Will you perform our first dance?
Yes, as long as we have two weeks notice we will learn the first dance of your choice.
How much space do you require?
We have played in some very small spaces, but ideally a minimum of 2.5m x 4.5m.
How much power do you require?
2 x 13 amp sockets is fine for our system.
Do I need to provide food/drinks?
Ideally soft drinks and a hot meal or buffet. But this is certainly not a deal breaker so if you can't provide this, just let us know in advance and we'll bring food & drink with us.
- 2 x 60 minute sets or 3 x 40 minute sets.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.