The 7 Inches
Guitarist-singer Huw and tenor saxman Roberto play a wide variety of music, from smooth Latin Jazz to groovy Funk and Soul. Superbly sophisticated and soulful sounds, perfect for weddings, birthday parties and corporate functions.
The 7 Inches
The 7 Inches are a versatile duo whose repertoire ranges from mellow jazz ballads and bossa nova to uptempo funky soul. They are professionals with many years of experience and are happy to cater to the client's needs. They are self contained, with a high-quality PA.
Guitarist / singer Huw has worked as a resident musician at top London venues like China White, Trafalgar Square Hilton, Gaucho Picadilly, IoD, Dogstar, Cocochan and many more. He has entertained celebrities such as Take That and Jose Mourinho. His original compositions released on Bermuda Triangle Records have been praised as 'future classics' and played on radio stations like the Jazz and Choice FM.
Tenor Sax player Roberto Manzin is a legendary session musician and stalwart of the UK jazz scene. Time Out has called him 'scorching', and Jazzwise said that 'he has to be heard to be believed'. His varied playing career has seen him share the stage with real true musical giants including Incognito and Mr Dynamite, James Brown.
- The 7 Inches are also available as a Trio [adding Congas] or a Quartet [adding Bass and Drums].
- Stand by Me (Ben E King)
- Summertime (Ella Fitzgerald + Louis Armstrong)
- GeorgiaOn My Mind (Ray Charles)
- Insensatez (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Let’s Stay Together (Al Green)
- Caravan (Duke Ellington)
- Respect (Aretha Franklin)
- Is This Love? (Bob Marley)
- I Put A Spell On You (Nina Simone)
- Girl from Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Under My Skin (Frank Sinatra)
- Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding)
- Brown Sugar (D’Angelo)
- In a Sentimental Mood (Duke Ellington)
- Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- When A Man Loves A Woman (Wilson Pickett)
- Nature Boy (Nat King Cole)
- Blackbird (The Beatles)
- Redemption Song (Bob Marley)
- Master Blaster/Jammin’ (Stevie Wonder)
- Bamboleo (Gypsy Kings)
- I Heard it Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
- Fly Me To the Moon (Frank Sinatra / Astrud Gilberto)
- Sign Your Name Across My Heart (Terence Trent D’Arby)
- Mas Que Nada (Jorge Ben / Sergio Mendez)
- How Sweet It Is To be Loved by You (Marvin Gaye)
- Wave (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
- It’s a Man’s Man’s World (James Brown)
- Falling (Alicia Keys)
- Chan Chan(Buena Vista Social Club)
- Agua de Beber (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Shackles / Praise You (Mary Mary)
- Feelin’ Good (Nina Simone)
- Higher & Higher (Jackie Wilson)
- Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
- Poder de Criacao (Joao Noguiera)
- The Look of Love (Burt Bacharach / Dionne Warwick)
- All I Need To Get By (Marvin Gaye + Tammi Terrell)
- One Note Samba (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Kiss (Prince)
- Lately (Stevie Wonder)
- I’m Yours (Jason Mraz)
- Love Me Or Leave Me (Nina Simone)
- Triste (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Space Oddity (David Bowie)
- So Much Trouble in the World (Bob Marley)
- Berimbeu (Powell / De Moraes)
- Soul Man (Sam and Dave)
- Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
- Angel Eyes (Tony Bennett)
- The Wind Cries Mary (Jimi Hendrix)
- Fever (Peggy Lee)
- Don’t Let it Bring You Down (Neil Young)
- Jesse (Mother Earth)
- Aguas de Marco (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Like a Star (Corinne Bailey Rae)
- Disritmia (Martinho da Vila)
- Wonderwall (Oasis)
- Spanish Joint (D’Angelo)
- MoonRiver(Frank Sinatra)
- Chega de Saudade (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- As Rosas Nao Falam (Cartola)
- Don’t let me down (The Beatles)
- Soul Divine (Amp Fiddler)
- Oh! Darling (The Beatles)
- Tell It Like It Is (The Neville Brothers)
- Come in out of the Rain (Parliament)
- Desafinado (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
- Heart’s Desire (Don Blackman)
- That’s the Way Love Is (Marvin Gaye)
- Unchained Melody (Righteous Bros)
- Right on For the Darkness (Curtis Mayfield)
- Music to Watch Girls By (Andy Williams)
- Hercules (Aaron Neville)
- As if You Read My Mind (Stevie Wonder)
- Walk on By (Burt Bacharach)
- Velha Infancia (Tribalistas)
- My Girl (Otis Redding)
- I get the Sweetest Feeling (Jackie Wilson)
- Lean On Me (Bill Withers)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon and Garfunkel)
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo’ole)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
- As (Stevie Wonder)
- Tudo Que Voce Pode Ser (Clube de Esquinas)
- Always and Forever (Luther Vandross / Heatwave)
- Dear Life (Anthony Hamilton)
- He Ain’t Heavy He’s My Brother (The Hollies)
- Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
- Sunflower (Paul Weller)
- Wild Wood (Paul Weller)
- Lovely Day (Bill Withers)
- Ordinary People (John Legend)
- Hoochie Coochie Man (Muddy Waters)
- Can’t Hide Love (Creative Source)
- So Amazing (Luther Vandross)
- Love Is In the Air (John Paul Young)
- No Diggety (Blackstreet)
- Moondance (Van Morrison)
- You Are So Beautiful To Me (Beach Boys / Billy Preston)
- These Arms Of Mine (Otis Redding)
- Trouble (Ray LaMontagne)
- Use Me (Bill Withers)
- Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
- Don’t Let Go (En Vogue)
- All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
- Jumping Jack Flash (Rolling Stones)
Thank you Hugh and Roberto you were absolutely fantastic and the music played was perfect for our event. I would recommend The 7 Inches to play any time, any place, any where. They were absolutely amazing.
A BIG thankyou to the 7 inches for your fantastic performance at our wedding last month. You have a unique style and were a real hit with everyone - friendly, professional, punctual and above all played absolutely great music with beautiful singing (in both Spanish and English to match our mix of guests)! The addition of the bongo player to the group worked really well and we appreciated your learning and including 'The King of the Swingers' from Jungle Book in your repertoire for us on the night. Upfront organisation of the evening with you was very straightforward and we felt everything in terms of quick and simple booking and payment was taken care of very well by the Warble Entertainment contact Samantha, leaving us to simply look forward to the day once booked.
The 7 Inches have played at venues like China White, Dogstar, Park Lane Hilton, Trafalgar Square Hilton, EightMembers Club, IoD, Gaucho, The Conrad, Claridges, Momos, Home House, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Andaz, Electric Ballroom, Sound, Hampton Court Palace, Dingwalls, Proud, Spice of Life, Light Bar, 40:30 and Experimental Cocktail Club.
They have entertained celebrities such as Seb Coe, Take That, Ken Livingstone, Boris Becker, the Chelsea first team and Jose Mourinho, played private art exhibitions for artists like Banksy and corporate events for blue-chip clients such as Audi, Virgin and Microsoft.
How long do you play for?
We can play 2 x 60 or 3 x 45 minutes. We can provide background music between sets if required.
Can you provide a PA?
Yes,we bring a small PA with us at all times. A larger PA and lights are available on request.
Do you have any requirements?
Access to a power supply, 2 chairs and a table. And some water and black coffee please. A light meal / snack when we finish would be much appreciated!
Do you know any Kasabian / Kings of Leon / Arctic Monkeys / Katy Perry / Take That?
Our repertoire is based in the classic jazz songbook, the cream of Motown songs and the finest Brazilian bossas and sambas. We do play some pop songs that people will recognise, often in jazzed-up versions, but a 80s/90s/00s singalong is not our thing.
Can you learn a first dance song?
Sure thing! We can learn one song for no extra charge, provided it is a contemporary vocal track. We do not play classical music.
Can you dress smartly for the gig?
We are happy to accommodate any requests regarding dress code. We usually dress smart casual, but we can wear suits and ties or jeans and T-shirts if you prefer.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
Yes we do! And all our equipment is PAT tested.
- 3 x 45 minutes or 2 x 60 minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.