The Bumps are one of the hottest Swing and Jive bands in the UK.
This five-piece party band consists of highly experienced live musicians and some of their recent notable performances include An Evening with Arnold Schwarzenegger (a very high-profile black tie event with Jonathan Ross interviewing), Kelly Brook’s birthday party at her London Club 'Steam & Rye', Sir Bobby Charlton at his London charity gala, a private event in the Seychelles, Rolex, SPE in Norway and live on BBC Radio along with many festivals and other corporate events. Do not hesitate to catch The Bumps - they'll cook up a storm!
*Get ready for The Bumps*
The Bumps are one of the hottest Swing and Jive bands in the UK.
These Five Guys Named Moe are truly the cats meow and will Jive up any event with their Swing. The Jumpingist Jivers in town - the high energy SwingyJazzyJiveyBluesy music is the name of the game with these fellas, from their togged-out period clothes to the in between-song banter, they will guarantee to have everyone up struttin' their stuff on the dance floor.
- 5 Piece - Male Vocals / Harmonica, Bass / Vocals, Saxophone / Vocals, Drums / Percussion, Guitar / Vocals
Main Set List:
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - Duke Ellington
- Route 66 – Nat King Cole
- Grandma Plays The Numbers – Wynonie Harris
- Caledonia – Louis Jordan
- Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson
- Pennies From Heaven – Bing Crosby/Louis Armstrong
- I Like My Baby’s Puddin’ – Wynonie Harris
- Stray Cat Strut (Pink Panther Theme) – Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Flip Flop Fly – Joe Turner
- Jump Jive and Wail – Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Straighten Up And Fly Right – Nat King Cole
- Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens – Louis Jordan
- Jack You’re Dead – Louis Jordan
- Shakin’ Mother For Ya – Champion Jack Dupree
- Five Guys Named Moe – Louis Jordan
- Earth Angel – The Penguins
- In The Mood – Glenn Miller
- Choo Choo Cha Boogie – Louis Jordan
- Reet Petite & Gone – Louis Jordan
- Saturday Night Fish Fry – Louis Jordan
- Blood Shot Eyes – Wynonie Harris
- Buona Sera / Marie Marie – Louis Prima
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
- Going Back To Louisiana – Delbert McClinton
- Boogie All Night – Alvin Lee
- Let The Good Times Roll – Louis Jordan
- This Boy – The Beatles
- Tuxedo Junction – Manhattan Transfer
- Summertime – Billie Holiday
- Paper Moon – Ella Fitzgerald
- Sleep Walk – Santo & Johnny
- The Dirty Boogie – Brian Setzer Orchestra
- This Cat Is On A Hot Tin Roof – Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Minnie The Moocher – Cab Calloway
- Night and Day – Frank Sinatra
- Ride, Daddy, Ride - Fats Noel
- Big Ten Inch - Bull Moose Jackson
- It Ain't The Meat - The Swallows
- I Wanna Be Like You (King Of The Swingers) - Louis Prima
- Pencil Full Of Lead - Paolo Nutini
- One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - Amos Milburn
- Night Train - Jimmy Forrest
- Cat Fish Boogie - Tennessee Ernie Ford
- This Ol' House - Brian Setzer Orchestra
- At Last - Etta James
- How Long Must I Wait For You - Joe Jackson / Louis Jordan
Rock n Roll and Funk Set:
- Night Train – James Brown
- Hard To Handle – Otis Redding
- Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- Long Train Running – The Doobie Brothers
- Why Did You Do It – Stretch
- Cissy Strut – The Meters
- Chicken Strut – The Meters
- Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry
- I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard
- Mess Around – Ray Charles
- Shake Rattle and Roll – Joe Turner
- Twenty Flight Rock – Eddie Cochran
- Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley and the Comets
- Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
- Jingle Bells
- Frosty The Snowman
- I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas
- Let It Snow
Just to say a bit thank you for helping my 50th Birthday party to go with a 'Swing'! Everyone has said how much they enjoyed your music - and most people got up at some point and had a dance. Will certainly keep you in mind for any other 'land-mark' celebrations in the future, and we hope you get some future bookings out of it.
- An Evening with Arnold Schwarzenegger - a black tie event with Jonathan Ross interviewing. The Bumps were the chosen band to entertain the guests before and after the interview. (2014)
- Kelly Brook's Birthday Party at her new London Club 'Steam & Rye' (2013) - Kelly posted a subsequent message to the band on Twitter "You guys were great!! Thank you so much x"
- Private event, Mahé Island, Seychelles. (2014)
- Sir Bobby Charlton at his Find A Better Way Charity Gala event, London (2014)
- Royal Albert Hall as part of their Ignite Series (2013)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) BBQ Dinner and Dance, Stavanger, Norway (2012 and 2013)
- Bond Street Association, Bond Street, London (2012)
- St. James’s Place Wealth Management Group (2014)
- Mitie, London (2014)
- Vinopolis, London (2014)
- Terrapinn Business Events, London (2014)
- Diageo Headquarters, Park Royal, London (2014)
- The Rosewood Hotel, near Covent Garden, London (2014)
- World Low Cost Airlines Congress, Business Design Centre, Islington, London (2014)
- Private corporate event held by Rolex, consisting of top professional golfers during the British Open (2011)
- Live on BBC Radio Kent (2009 and 2013)
- The Shard, London Bridge (2011)
- The London Marathon (2011 and 2012)
- InterContinental Hotel, Westminster, London (2013)
- Pizza Express Jazz Club, Dean Street, Soho (2013)
- The Pheasantry, London (2013)
- Pizza Express, Maidstone (2011 - 2013)
- Floridita, Soho, London (2013)
- Gravesham Big Day Out Festival (2009)
- Woodville Halls Theatre (2009)
- Lounge on The Farm Festival (2008)
- Pfizer pharmaceutical company (2009)
How long do The Bumps play for?
Typically, The Bumps play two 45 minute sets with a 15 minute break in between. The Bumps are extremely flexible and if an event requires music for irregular time periods this is of course possible with prior arrangement.
Are The Bumps able to play outside?
Yes, as long as they're adequately protected from the elements (including sunshine) and that it is safe to do so e.g. power sources are protected etc.
Do The Bumps just play Swing music? Can they play any other styles?
Although Swing is what The Bumps are known for, they do also know a lot of the classic pop, soul and funk songs and are always happy to play them in their set if required.
What will The Bumps wear?
Smart-casual, Suits or Dinner Jacket's at your discretion.
Are The Bumps able to learn any songs that are not listed in their Song List for my wedding / function / party?
The Bumps are willing to learn a special song providing that they have enough time in which to do so - their hectic gigging schedule means that they do have limited rehearsal time. If The Bumps are unable to learn a requested song in time for your function then they are happy to play a CD of it through their sound system.
- 2 x 45 minute sets with small break in between. Other set times available.
- Pre-recorded music during interval(s) through the PA can be also arranged at no extra cost.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.