The East Midlands Harpist
Allow the harp to add a beautiful accompaniment to your event and create an enchanting atmosphere with the East Midlands Harpist - an experienced harpist providing elegant harp music for special occasions across the East Midlands.
The East Midlands Harpist
The East Midlands Harpist has been playing the harp for over ten years and performs regularly at functions and weddings.
Her love of music began when she took up the piano aged 7. She later went on to study music at Sheffield University where she began to play the harp. She now has her own harp pupils. As well as playing regularly for special occasions, and she also plays with many orchestras across the East Midlands.
The East Midlands Harpist can add a warm and enchanting ambiance to enhance your celebration. The harp is very versatile and The East Midlands Harpist can play in a wide variety of music from well known classical music to show tunes and popular music making your event elegant and memorable.
Music from The East Midlands Harpist repertoire:
Popular Classical Music
- Bach - Air on a G String, Prelude in C, Etude no. 6 (arr. Grandjany)
- Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
- Clarke - Chaconne
- Debussy - First arabesque, Clair de lune, Girl with the Flaxen Hair
- Delibes - Flower Duet
- Elgar - Chanson de Matin
- Einaudi - La Onde, Il Giorni
- Gluck - Dance of the Blessed Spirits
- Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba, Air from the Water Music, La Rejouissance from Music for the Royal Fireworks
- Massenet - Mediation from Thais
- Mascagni - Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- Mendelssohn - Wedding March
- Morricone - Gabriel's Oboe
- Pachelbel - Canon in D
- Purcell - Trumpet Tune
- Satie - 1st Gymnopedie
- Wagner - Bridal Chorus
Modern Popular Music
- Adele - Someone like you, Make you feel my love,
- Aerosmith - I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
- Artic Monkeys - Baby I’m Yours
- Andrea Boccelli - Time to Say Goodbye (Con te partiro)
- Beatles - All My Loving, All You Need is Love, With a Little Help from My Friends, Here comes the sun
- Beegees - Islands in the stream
- Ben Howard - Only Love
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Top Gun)
- Bette Midler - The Wind Beneath My Wings
- Boyzone - How Deep is your Love, No Matter What, You raise me up
- Brooker & Reid - A Whiter Shade of Pale
- Bruno Mars - Marry me
- Bryan Adams- Everything I do, I do it for you, Heaven
- Burt Bacharach - I Say A Little Prayer, I’ll Never Fall in Love Again
- The Calling - Wherever you will go
- Carpenters - Close to You, Yesterday Once More We’ve Only Just Begun
- Christina Perri - A thousand years
- Cohen - Hallelujah
- Coldplay- Clocks, A Sky full of stars
- Desree - Kissing you
- Dido - Thank you
- DJ Sammie - Heaven
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
- Elbow - One day like this
- Ellie Goulding - How long will I love you
- Elton John - Your Song
- Elvis - Can’t Help Falling in Love
- Eva Cassidy - Songbird
- Frankie Valli - Can't take my eyes of you
- Fugees- Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Guns and Roses - Sweet child of mine
- James Blunt - You're beautiful
- Jason Mraz - I'm yours, I won't give up
- John Legend - All of Me, Stay with you
- John Lennon - Imagine
- John Mayer / Katie Perry - Who You Love
- Katie Melua - The Closest Thing to Crazy
- Leon Bridges - Coming Home
- Louis Armstong - What a Wonderful World
- Lopez - Let it go
- Maroon 5 - Sugar
- McFly - All about you
- Michael Buble - Everything
- Myers - Cavatina
- Owl City - Fireflies
- Page and Plant - Stairway to Heaven
- Pharrell Williams - Happy
- Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Robbie Williams - She’s the One
- Romberg - Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
- Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing At All
- Sam Smith - Lay Me Down, Stay with me
- Shania Twain - From this Moment On
- Simon & Garfunckle - Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Snow Patrol - Chasing cars
- Sting - Fields of Gold
- Take That - Rule the world
- Taylor Swift – Love Story
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl, Have I Told You Lately That I Love You
- Vanessa Carlton- A Thousand Miles
- Whitney Houston / Dolly Parton - I will Always Love You
- Yiruma - River flows in you (Twilight)
- Zedd and Selena Gomez - I Want You to Know
Popular showtunes and jazz
- Arlen - Over the Rainbow
- Bricusse and Newley - Pure Imagination
- Desmond - Take 5
- Elton John - Can you feel the love tonight
- Gershwin - Embraceable You, Someone to Watch Over Me, I got rhythm, Love walked in, But not for me
- Kern - The Way you Look Tonight
- Kosma - Autumn Leaves
- Mancini - Moon River
- Menken - A whole new world
- Rodgers - My Favourite Things
- Webber - All I ask of you
- Waller and Brooks - Ain't Misbehavin'
- Young - When I fall in Love
The East Midlands Harpist is very happy to work with you prior to your event in selecting music or is equally happy to select pieces appropriate for your occasion. If there is a special piece you would like to be played, just ask!
The East Midlands Harpist really made our wedding day start off beautifully... her choice of music and the subtlety of the way she played was amazing. You could talk and mingle but at the same time listen to her wonderful playing of the Harp. I would highly recommend Lisa, she was exceptionally professional and was a delightful addition to our wedding.
Our Harpist made our special day come together, creating atmosphere with a wide range of of contemporary and classical music! The Harpist looked right in place in the magnificent building and room. She also made myself and bride comfortable to discuss our music selections or requirements up to and on the day! Amazing musician, thank you so much for sharing our special day!
We booked Lisa (The East Midlands Harpist) to play during our arrival drinks and wedding breakfast in August. The communication leading up to our event with Lisa was absolutely fantastic. She really did go the extra mile to ensure she was to play songs that we wanted. Such a lovely lady to deal with. She was such a professional and very talented and created a great atmosphere whilst our guests enjoyed their meal. We would highly recommend this amazing harpist for that extra special touch at your event.
Played excellently in our church wedding service. Was beautiful to hear the Harp played.
Thank you so much for playing on our special day, myself and all the guests thought the music was beautiful. Thank you, Kim & Jason.
The East Midlands Harpist was really excellent. Great music, very atmospheric and she even did some adhoc requests! Thoroughly recommended.
The East Midlands Harpist was amazing and everybody commented on her performance. I'm going to find any excuse to book her again lol The Harp was so soothing and calming which helped me relax on my nervous wedding day. Thank you so much, with love from James and Nobukhosi x
Can I discuss my requirements with the East Midlands Harpist?
Definitely! The East Midlands Harpist is more than happy to discuss the music for your occassion with you. With many years experience, she can help you choose the music to create the mood and ambiance for your event.
How far should I book in advance?
It is recommended that you book as far in advance as possible. The East Midlands Harpist also be available for short notice bookings too so just ask.
Can I have a special piece performed?
If there is a piece that has a significance importance to you, The East Midlands Harpist will endeavour to learn it for you. Some couples like to choose a piece of music to be played during their ceremony as an alternative to a reading.
How much space will the harp need?
The harp does not need much space, about 1.5 x 3m. You will need to think about where to position the harp so that it can be heard and where it will be in a position where it will not be in the way of guests.
Can I have a harp music outside?
Yes, The East Midlands Harpist is happy to play outside during the summer months. However, the harp is very valuable and needs to be protected from the sunlight by providing a large parasol or gazebo. It is recommended that you speak to your venue about providing outdoor cover and discuss this with her too.
Civil Ceremony - 45 mins to 1 hour
Includes playing as the guests arrive, a processional piece for the entry of the Bride, a piece for the signing of the register and a recessional piece for the exit of the Bride, Groom and Wedding party.
Church Ceremony 1 hour - 1.5 hours
Includes playing as the guests arrive, processional and recessional pieces if requested as an alternative to the organ, harp music for the signing of the register.
Drinks Reception/Wedding Breakfast/Corporate Events/Parties - minimum of 1 hour
Harp music to entertain your guests in a variety of styles including jazz and popular music.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.