The Guardians Of Standard
Formed around singer songwriter Chris, The Guardians of Standard are a professional act with over 70 years experience between them. The band was established by Chris with one focus in mind, creating a function band that were non cheesy, tight and fantastic live.
The Guardians of Standard provide a professional service from the top of the range equipment, to their talent and experience in performing. Keeping clear of 'Fake american' singing, Chris fronts a band which is made up of musicians who have played everywhere and with everyone.
The band play all the classics old and new along with songs that most cover bands don't attempt.
The LIVE demo's you hear are exactly what you get!
The Guardians Of Standard
Chris is a Leeds based singer songwriter who offers fantastic versions of some of the best popular music from the last 60 years. He grew up during the brit pop era listening to artists such as Oasis and Blur. Chris, a south-paw, first picked up a right handed guitar and began to learn upside down. Encouraged through his fathers love for music, he was introduced from a very early age to artists such as The Beatles, The Kinks, Rolling Stones and many more.
His interest in music continued throughout his education forming school bands, it was during this time that he began writing his own material. By the age of 28 Chris had been part of the music scene with many different bands. This lead him to touring with many established acts playing major venues across the UK and into Europe. His last gig playing original music was Bingley Festival when his band split.
Having spent 5 months playing acoustic gigs in the French Alps, Chris returned to the UK to create a function band that stood out from the rest. He is supported by a fantastic backline of musicians that have years of experience playing together.
The Guardians of Standard pride themselves on their live sound and performance. They avoid the 'typical cheesy American style' front, that a majority of function bands impose on themselves,
The band hand select each song to cater for every audience member. A request can be made prior to the event should this be feasible given the style and time constraints
The band can provide music inbetween sets and are also available to DJ after the live performance.
- 2 x Vocals
- 1 Lead Guitar
- 1 Rhythm Guitar
- 1 Bass Guitar
- 1 Drums
- Arctic Monkeys - I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Avicii - Wake Me Up
- Band Of Horses - The Funeral
- Beatles - In My Life
- Beatles - Money (Thats What I Want)
- Beatles - Rock n Roll Music
- Beatles - Saw her standing there
- Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Ben E King - Stand By Me
- Black Crows - Hard To Handle
- Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
- Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69
- Chuck Berry - Johnny Be Good
- Coldplay - Viva La Vida
- Coldplay - Yellow
- Coral - Dreaming Of You
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
- Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
- Elvis - Suspicious Minds
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
- Free - Alright Now
- George Ezra - Blame It On Me
- Happy Days - Theme Song
- James Morrison - I Won't Let You Go
- Jessie J - Price Tag
- Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
- John Newman - Love Me Again
- Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
- Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
- Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
- Kinks - All Day and All Of The Night
- Kinks - You Really Got Me
- Kooks - Naive
- Maroon 5 - This Love
- New Radicals - Get what you give
- Oasis - Come On Feel The Noise
- Oasis - Don’t Look Back In Anger
- Oasis - Roll With It
- Ocean Colour Scene - Riverboat Song
- Police - Message In A Bottle
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Razorlight - Fall to Pieces
- Razorlight - Golden Touch
- Reef - Place Your Hands
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Rolling stones - Start it up
- Stereophonics - Dakota
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, sealed, delivered
- Temptations - My Girl
- The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
- The Killers - Mr Brightside
- The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
- The Strokes - Last Night
- The Who - My generation
- The Zutons - Valerie
- Tom O'Dell - Grow Old With Me
- Toploader - Dancing In The Moonlight
- Travis - Sing
- U2 - Vertigo
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
- Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
I recently booked The Guardians Of Standard for my 40th and couldn't have been happier. The playlist was superb and they were excellent - every single guest commented on how good they were. Chris was in touch plenty of times beforehand and liaised with the DJ regarding playlists and sound - he took away a lot of the hassle that normally goes with these types of things… I seriously don't have a bad word to say… I would recommend them over and over again!
Just a quick email to say thank you so much for Saturday - you were really great! I hope you enjoyed yourself.
- Alzheimer's Society
- Harry Potter actor Matthew Lewis' birthday party
- 02 Shepherds Bush Empire
- 'Totally Lit' acting agency
How many songs do you play?
Generally speaking we play 2 x 50-60 minute sets. A set normally consists of around 12-15 songs.
How much stage area do you need?
If you think of a drum kit, a bass amp, 2 guitar amps, and a full PA rig... The more room the better. The minimum we could set up would be an area of no less than 4 x 4 metres.
Do you provide your own equipment and lighting?
We provide a top of the range PA system and ONLY use our own equipment. This is so we can provide you with the best sound. We also have stage lighting.
Do you need anything on the night
The band pride themselves on being professional, so although the offer of alcohol is very grateful, the band would much prefer plenty of bottled water and cups of tea! A selection of sandwiches or a hot meal an hour prior to their first set would also be grateful (the loading, travel, setting up and soundcheck is time consuming and fitting meals in prior to this is always tricky!). Due to the amount of equipment, the band do need at least 2 parking spaces to unload that are near to the stage area.
Do you do requests?
The band carefully select sets prior to each booking and normally stick to these. We can take one request per booking should this be feasible and in plenty of time prior to the date
- 2 x 50-60 minute sets as standard
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.