The Postmodern Duo
The Postmodern Duo perform pop and rock hits in vintage styles from the quirky twenties to the swinging sixties, in costume and in character.
They are experienced, professional, but most of all - fun and entertaining.
The Postmodern Duo
The Postmodern Duo have a wealth of experience performing vintage music for weddings and parties, with larger bands. They are now playing rock anthems and pop classics in a variety of interesting and entertaining vintage styles - as a duo. It's fabulous, familier music, with a twist. The duo create a warm, light hearted and fun ambience. They're great for drinks receptions, during dinner, for entertainment or for small parties. They always look the part in either white tie and tails, or white tuxedos with black tie.
- They can add a double bass player, and or saxophone/clarinet player
- It’s my Life - Bon Jovi
- The eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
- Blame it on the Boogie - Michael Jackson
- Heart of Glass - Blondie
- Never gonna give you up - Rick Astley
- Every Breath you Take - The Police
- Like a Virgin - Madonna
- Light my Fire - The Doors
- Careless Whisper - George Michael
- Jump - Van Halen
- True - Spandau Ballet
- Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys
- Hard Days Night - The Beatles
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- YMCA - Village People
- Can’t Take My Eyes Offa You - Andy Williams
- Love is in the Air - John Paul Jones
- It’s Not Unusual - Tom Jones
The band were brilliant - the music was fantastic and better than what we had expected. The 3 specific songs we asked them to play were sung wonderfully and of course with their own unique style. The looks on peoples' faces when Dad's Army theme tune played and Hysteria by Black Sabbath was brilliant! Simon was very approachable and accommodating and he didn't hesitate to do whatever he could to make things work. The volume and pace of music was perfect for the size of the venue and type of party it was. I would absolutely not hesitate in booking them again. Thank you!
Just a quick note to say an enormous thanks to The Postmodern Duo for their professional work on Saturday - music was brilliant, they were very accommodating and we heard nothing but compliments from the guests. Helped make the day very special!
- Booths Supermarket - for special events eg Mothers' day
- Beamish Park Golf Club - 50th Birthday Party
- Broadoaks Country House, Windermere - Wedding
- Llandderfel, Bala - Birthday Party
- The Postmodern Duo is fully self contained - they bring all their own equipment - they just need a socket to plug into near the set up
- They'll bring an electric piano, small PA, two Parkan floor lights and other instruments
- If the client could provide a changing room, that would be great , but they can manage without!
- The duo are happy to learn a song for a special moment - such as walking up the aisle, or for a first dance, for example
- The duo can set up and break down quickly and discreetly. (Approximately 30 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to break down)
- 2 x 50 minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.