The Super Ferries
The Super Ferries are a professional covers band with a difference. With remarkable musicianship, sense of humour and and an inventive approach to arrangements, the band will entertain, surprise and energise your guests.
The Super Ferries
Always dressed to impress, The Super Ferries will light-up your function and dance-floor with an exquisite blend of lounge jazz, dance and R&B. Performing a selection of popular material from the last 40 years, the band specialise in re-arranging and adapting tunes from the 1990s and early 2000s.
Below are just a few examples of the re-workings they have performed since the band’s formation in 2008.
- Pop tunes from Britney Spears and Madonna are transformed into sultry, smooth piano-driven works of art.
- Mid-90s Indie numbers from Blur & Oasis are re-worked with silky jazz guitar, creamy basslines and brush-stroke drumming.
- R&B classics from Coolio, Blackstreet and Ini Kamoze are given a funk-soul twist, that only live instrumentation can provide.
- Rock hits from Nirvana, The White Stripes and Guns & Roses are given the ‘loungecore’ treatment, with sounds borrowed from Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin and a hint of Elvis Presley.
The band line up is:
- Female Lead Vocal
- Male Vocal / Guitar / Piano
- Song 2 - Blur
- Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
- Here Comes The Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
- Lithium - Nirvana
- No Diggity - Blackstreet
- Umbrella - Rhianna
- Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
- Toxic - Britney Spears
- Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
- Be My Baby - The Ronettes
- My Baby Just Cares for Me - Nina Simone
Plus, many more...
What a night - thank you so much, our family & friends loved the music.
- Dunston Hall - Norfolk
- Southwood Hall - Norfolk
- Haughley Park Barn - Suffolk
- Bindon Country House - Somerset
- Cottons Caribbean Restaurant - London
- Quayside Plaza - Great Yarmouth
- The Cobden Club - Notting Hill
- Norwich Arts Centre - Norwich
- The Royal Hotel - Southend-on-sea
Q: How much time do The Super Ferries need to set up?
The Super Ferries normally arrive at the venue no later than 90 minutes before the start time of the evening reception. The band require a minimum of 60 minutes from when they access the performance area to set up and sound check equipment. Please note that the band are not responsible for overruns on the day time schedule.
Q: What if I want my night extended past midnight?
We work with a fantastic sound engineer, complete with PA and extensive dancefloor playlists, who is available for extended hire. If you wish to have music after midnight he can be hired, with advance notice; at an additional cost of £20 per half hour.
Q: Will The Super Ferries learn my first dance?
Absolutely. We will always endeavour to learn a first dance request for you; however when choosing this please be aware that we are a stripped-back, lounge style band. If you ask us a to play a number featuring a 50-piece orchestra then our version will sound significantly different to the original! Of course, if you prefer, we can arrange for your first dance to be an original artist's recording played through the PA, with the band beginning immediately afterwards.
Q: Can I choose the set list for my event?
If there are two or three songs that you absolutely want (or don't want) played at your event then by all means let us know and we will include or omit these from the set. Giving the band freedom to choose the majority of the songs and the order they are played in, however, will enable us to give you the best performance possible.
Q: What kind of music do The Super Ferries play at weddings and other functions?
We have an excellent varied set list of cover tunes spanning five decades of music. You will hear our own classy, soulful, jazz-tinted take on pop, rock and indie tunes from the 1990s and beyond. We try to play something for everyone and keep your event fun and dance-fuelled.
Q: How much stage area do the band require?
The Super Ferries are a reasonably compact four piece band; although the more they can move about then the more they can entertain you. A stage area of 5m wide by 3m deep is a guide minimum workable area.
Q: What power supply do the band require?
As a fully self-contained entertainment unit, complete with sound engineer present for our whole performance, the Super Ferries require a minimum of two power sockets either side of our the stage. This helps prevent overloads and earth problems. The vast majority of venues have more than this minimum requirement. If you are planning an outdoor event however, please note that it is your responsibility to ensure adequate and appropriate power generators are available at the venue. Please also note that all of the band's electrical equipment is PAT compliant (many venues will ask this).
Q: Will the band bring lighting with them?
In most cases, no. In the band's experience the majority of venues have excellent integral lights installed for stage use, that can be switched on and used for a performance at no extra charge. It is essential to check this with the venue that you are using. If the venue does not have appropriate lighting then the Super Ferries can arrange to have lighting hired from a local company at an additional cost, subject to a minimum of six weeks notice.
- The Super Ferries standard set times are 2 x 50 minute sets, within the windows of either 3pm to 7pm or 8pm to midnight.
- For evening performances a break is normally taken during the evening buffet and the band can put on background music or dancefloor music during any breaks by request at no extra charge.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.