The Tones are a young, fresh, contemporary and distinctive party covers band that deliver an electrifying performance every time.
Fronted by an incredible female vocalist backed by some of the UK`s finest musicians, The Tones are the ultimate live party band.
Formed in 2011 from the finest trained and talented musicians London had to offer, The Tones have been entertaining audiences up and down the country at weddings, parties, functions and corporate events. Band members have worked with many artists including Macy Gray, Incognito, Brenda Russell and Jermaine Jackson, to name but a few, as well as performing at venues such as Wembley Arena, The O2, Royal Albert Hall, Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club and at the London 2012 Olympics.
The Tones repertoire covers a huge range, including: Rock and Pop Chart Hits, Disco, RnB, Soul, Funk and Motown. Their performance skills match the high quality music they provide, with soaring vocals, 3 part harmonies and a pulsating rhythm, The Tones will have the dance floor packed and guarantee a full dance floor all night long.
As a band, The Tones provides the professionalism you should expect; highly reliable, smartly dressed and punctual, with the ability to cater for every audience. Whether reminiscing to soul classics, or partying to the current chart smash-hits, Velocity can provide the perfect musical backdrop to any occasion. From Stevie Wonder to Bruno Mars, Amy Winehouse to Rihanna, Michael Jackson to Daft Punk, The Tones really do provide something for everyone.
The standard band line-up includes Vocals, Drums, Bass, Guitar and Keyboards, and they are also very versatile. They can perform from just a singer or pianist through to an acoustic duo, right up to the full five-piece band.
The Two Tones duo will delight you with their beautiful Jazz set, perfect for daytime functions or evening drinks/cocktail receptions. The duo have been providing music at events and functions for several years and as well as playing the well-known standards they also cover modern songs in their own unique style.
The band can provide an acoustic set if required, with either one or two guitars and vocals, including harmonies. All the musicians in the band are accomplished singers so they create great harmonies to accompany their rhythmic playing style, and if you want things just a little more up-tempo the guys can add a touch of percussion as well.
- Amazing (Just The Way You Are) - Bruno Mars
- Black and Gold - Sam Sparrow
- Crazy - Gnarles Barclay
- Crazy In Love - Beyonce
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Closer - Neyo
- Domino - Jessie J
- Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
- Dynamite - Taio Cruz
- Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys
- Euphoria - Loreen
- Forget You - Cee Lo Green
- Free - Ultra Nate
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Gimme, Gimme, Gimme - Abba
- Happy - Pharell Williams
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody –Whitney Houston
- Kiss - Tom Jones
- Kingston Town – UB40
- Lady (Hear Me Tonight) - Modjo
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Love Me Again – John Newman
- Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson / Justin Timberlake
- Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Only Girl In The World - Rihanna
- Price Tag - Jessie J
- P.Y.T - Michael Jackson
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- Scandalous - Mis-Teeq
- Scream – Usher
- Scream and Shout – Will.i.am & Britney
- Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
- Simply The Best – Tina Turner
- Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
- Titanium - David Guetta
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
- Waiting All Night - Rudimental
- You’ve Got The Love - Florence & The Machine
- 9-5 - Dolly Parton
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- American Boy - Estelle
- Blame It On The Boogie – The Jacksons
- Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Car Wash - Rolls Royce
- Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Cosmic Girl - Jamiroquai
- Dancing In The Street - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- Dancing On The Ceiling – Lionel Ritchie
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - The Jacksons
- Everybody Dance - Chic
- Hard To Handle - Otis Redding
- Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
- Hold On I'm Coming - Sam & Dave
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- I Wish I Didn't Miss You - Angie Stone
- Le Freak - Chic
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- Love Really Hurts Without You - Billy Ocean
- Mercy – Duffy
- Mustang Sally - The Comittments
- Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Proud Mary - Tina Turner
- River Deep - Tina Turner
- September - Earth, Wind and Fire
- Shake A Tail Feather - Blues Brothers
- Shake Your Body Down - Michael Jackson
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Somebody Else's Guy - Joceyln Brown
- Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- Soul Man - Sam & Dave
- Super Duper Love - Joss Stone
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Think - Aretha Franklin
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- You To Me Are Everything - The Real Thing
- Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
From Samantha at Warble to Sarah and her boys, a very professional and efficient service. Samantha was extremely helpful and patient. The band were all I could have hoped for and more. A big thank you.
Dear Sarah, thank you and the band very very much for a great evening on Saturday. I am sorry that we hadn't properly bargained on the thunderstorm and the rain proofing - and we were so grateful to you all for moving everything into the marquee - it was really really good of you all to be so good about all of that. The music and singing was fantastic - you have some great musicians and everyone was impressed with you all. Thank you for putting so much energy into the playing and singing. And for dressing up! - that was a lovely touch too. I think you have helped set the bar for parties in East Kent! This was the one to live up to! Please thank the lads for all their great playing. I hope you all have a good Summer.
Venues The Tones have played at recently include, Charlton Athletic Football Club, Warner Hotels, Cooling Castle and The Grosvenor House Hotel among others.
How much space does the band require?
We require a floor area of approximately 4 x 4 metres plus an area at the back of the venue for our mixing desk and sound engineer.
How long does the band need to set-up?
Setting-up usually takes, from arrival at the venue and unloading through to final sound check, 60 minutes. Packing up and loading takes 40 minutes.
Are there any specific requirements?
We take our on-stage appearance very seriously and we'll always ‘look the business’ for your function, we would therefore like a safe and warm dressing room where we can leave a change of clothes and store our instrument cases.
Is the band available throughout the UK and overseas?
We can and will travel anywhere to play for you! However, venues more than a two hour drive from Central London, will probably cost more and we may need to be provided with some basic overnight accommodation. Travelling great distances may also be restricted to weekends due to the band’s weekday commitments. Please contact Warble for a quotation.
Sound and lights?
We are totally self-contained and our price include all sound and stage lighting equipment, which is suitable for the majority of venues.
What are the power requirements?
Ideally 4 x 13amp power sockets are required on the stage area, plus a 13amp power socket at the rear of the venue for our sound engineer. All our equipment is professionally PAT tested (Portable appliance testing certificate).
Do the band require feeding?
Please be aware that we are away from home for over 7 hours and quite often we cannot leave the venue to buy food so it is generally accepted that food and soft drinks should be supplied. We don't require anything elaborate, sandwiches or a cold buffet is fine.
Would the band be willing to learn a song that’s not in our repertoire?
We would be happy to learn a special song for you as your first dance, free of charge, then any additional new songs are charged at a fee.
- 2 x 60 Minutes
- 3 x 40 Minutes
The Tones also play appropriate music on iPod between sets included in their normal rates.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.