The Violets are a professional acoustic band consisting of vocals, acoustic guitar, double bass and percussion.
They perform a mix of songs from golden oldies like Stevie Wonder’s Superstition to modern day chart toppers including Daft Punk’s Get Lucky and The Lumineers’ Hey Ho. When The Violets was formed, the aim was simple - to cater for all audiences through carefully constructed feel good set-lists that covers musical tastes for all ages.
- Experienced acoustic quartet with vocals, acoustic guitar, double bass & percussion (cajon).
- Setlists with modern chart toppers & classic hits ranging from The Killers, Pharrell Williams & Bruno Mars, to Jackson 5, Ray Charles & The Beatles.
- Highly experienced band members each with over a decade’s worth of gigging experience worldwide.
- Members have worked with artists including Adele, Noah and The Whale, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and many more!
- Book an acoustic duo from within The Violets to begin the live music at your event at a special discount when booked together with the full band.
- Professional sound system, lighting & interval music provided as standard.
- Corporate, professional, friendly and positive attitude.
The Violets are a professional acoustic band consisting of vocals, acoustic guitar, double bass and percussion. They perform a mix of songs from golden oldies like Stevie Wonder’s Superstition to modern day chart toppers including Daft Punk’s Get Lucky and The Lumineers’ Hey Ho. When The Violets was formed, the aim was simple - to cater for all audiences through carefully constructed feel good set-lists that covers musical tastes for all ages.
The Violets’ musicians have performed in numerous bands on stages worldwide, plus TV appearances, tours, and session work for major music label artists. After countless gigs with different bands the musicians decided to collate their musical skills and experience, and form one solid line-up to deliver powerful sets at every performance.
Versatility for all events
Whether you’re planning a wedding, private party or corporate meeting, The Violets can provide the perfect soundtrack to your event, bring people to the dance-floor and create a warm, feel-good vibe for your guests. The Violets perform at all sorts of events and can play and dress accordingly. With four instruments playing together, it’s very easy for the quartet to play a more relaxed set or a more lively one, so no matter whether you’re hosting a black tie dinner or an informal birthday party, you can be confident that the band will look sound and look the part for your event.
Professional Sound and Visual Image
The Violets only perform with top of the line audio equipment & instruments. They perform with a leading 2000 watt active PA system. Brands of instruments and amplification used by The Violets are nothing but top level too and include Gibson, Fender, Faith, Tanglewood, Boss, Tama & TC-Electronics (& that’s just for starters). The band are also equipped with superb LED lighting that provides both the stage and dance floor with a brilliant array of colours for you and your guests to enjoy.
Add Saxophone to make a 5 piece band
Add an extra touch of class to the band by adding saxophone to the bring the warm sound of this brilliant instrument to your event.
Acoustic Duo Set Available
Thinking of also hiring an acoustic duo at your event to get things started? The Violets' band members all began their gigging careers as duos so this is very comfortable territory for them and they always deliver a top-class performance. As The Violets’ professional audio equipment will be heading to your venue for the full band, we can add on our acoustic duo consisting of guitar and vocals to the schedule at a really affordable price. Perfect at the start of your event, over afternoon drinks, during a dinner or even within a wedding ceremony.
- Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
- Heard It Through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Hit The Road Jack – Ray Charles
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- I Want You Back – Jackson 5
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- American Boy - Estelle
- Black And Gold – Sam Sparrow
- Black Horse And A Cherry Tree - K.T Tunstall
- California Girls – Katy Perry
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Call My Name - Cheryl Cole
- Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
- Diamonds - Rianna
- Do It Like a Dude – Jessie J
- Domino – Jessie J
- Don’t Stop the Music â€ Rihanna
- Firework - Katy Perry
- Forget You – Cee Lo Green
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Grenade – Bruno Mars
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Harder to Breathe – Maroon 5
- I Got A Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry
- I Need a Dollar - Aloe Blac
- Lazy Song – Bruno Mars
- Locked Out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Mercy - Duffy
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Naive – The Kooks
- New York - Alicia Keys
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Roar - Katy Perry
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Rehab – Amy Winehouse
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Sexy and I know it - LMFAO
- Someone Like You - Adele
- Take Your Mama – Scissor Sisters
- Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
- This Love – Maroon 5
- Titanium - David Guetta
- Tribute - Tenacious D
- Umbrella - Rihanna
- Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- We Found Love - Rihanna
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- What’s Up - 4 Non Blondes
- Where Is The Love – Black Eyes Peas
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- You’ve Got the Love – Florence and the Machine
Classic Pop / Rock
- All Right Now - Free
- American Woman – Lenny Kravitz
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Black Or White - Michael Jackson
- Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis Presley
- Brown Sugar – Rolling Stones
- Californication – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Could You Be Loved – Bob Marley
- Dakota â€ Stereophonics
- Don’t Look Back in Anger - Oasis
- Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
- Easy Like Sunday Morning – Lionel Ritchie
- Feel Like Making Love – George Benson
- Free Falling - Tom Petty
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Hit Me Baby – Britney Spears
- Heaven – Bryan Adams
- Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Human Nature - Michael Jackson
- I’m A Believer - Monkees
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness
- Jammin’– Bob Marley
- Kiss From a Rose - Seal
- Knocking on Heaven’s Door – Bob Dylan
- Living on a Prayer –Bon Jovi
- Long Train Running – Doobie Brothers
- Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
- Message in a Bottle – Sting and The Police
- Play That Funky Music – Average White Band
- Right Through You - Alanis Morrissette
- Satisfaction – Rolling Stones
- Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
- Stuck in the Middle With You – Stealers Wheel
- Summer of 69’ – Bryan Adams
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- Wherever You Will Go – The Calling
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- What’s Up - Four Non Blondes
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- I Just Wanna Make Love to You – Etta James
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
- Summertime – George Gershwin
- Turn Me On – Norah Jones
All of our guests have been raving about the music. It set the mood perfectly for our reception. Highly recommended.
Here is a brief list of some of the places, venues and people that the members of The Violets have performed and toured in and with:
- The Paradiso, Amsterdam
- La Cigale, Paris
- Royal Albert Hall, London
- Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London
- Kim Wilde
- Lucie Jones (X-Factor)
How do you choose the songs you play?
From their wealth of experience, The Violets know what songs work best live and which numbers will bring your guests to the dancefloor. What’s more, by carefully constructing setlists with songs from different decades, we make sure that guests of all ages can enjoy the performance.
The Violets can draw on their experience to know which songs work best live for different events. Once your booking is confirmed we’ll ask if our plan for your event suits (eg for a wedding - we play feel good fun tracks for all ages to help brides and grooms celebrate their big days with big parties!). We know the tracks that will go down a storm. If you have a couple of favourites or so, then you can let us know what they are too. At the event itself, The Violets will use their experience to create an organic setlist so that if your guests are particularly enjoying a rock n roll number from the 50s for example, and it’s got the dancefloor heaving - we might play another one straight off to keep your guests on their feet. The Violets high level of skill and musicianship allows them to adapt setlists this way & this is one of many factors that has helped them build a solid reputation as a hard working band.
- 2 x 60 Minute Sets
- 3 x 40 Minute Sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.