TJ And The Band
TJ prides herself on creating the perfect atmosphere for every individual occasion. With over a 100 strong repertoire, the great thing about TJ is she can do anything from a background jazz and blues set to a upbeat funky pop, soul, R&B and disco set that has EVERYONE up to dance.
TJ And The Band perform at numerous weddings, corporate events and parties all over the country.
*Amazing voice, variety of genres covered and numerous line-up options... TJ And The Band has everything*
TJ And The Band
The irrepressible TJ has performed internationally and throughout the UK, touring lounge bars, nightclubs, restaurants and hotels, from marquees to back gardens and even the living rooms of the rich and famous! Exclusive live performances on BBC Radio programs Manchester, Merseyside, Cambridge and Belfast have helped TJ gain a reputation as a polished and sophisticated performer. Space Magazine voted TJ one of Liverpool’s top 100 coolest people and she has received extensive press coverage in such magazines as Blues and Soul, Echoes, Time Out and Star Magazine. TJ has supported soul legends Mica Paris, Solomon Burke, and Ruby Turner.
TJ prides herself on creating the perfect atmosphere for every individual occasion. With a repertoire in excess of 120 songs, the band plays a whole host of genres for all ages ranging from classic RnB, to current pop, soul and disco that is guaranteed to have all your guests up to dance.
"I have worked in the entertainment industry for over 10 years, performing at high profile corporate events and weddings. As the founder of TJ and The Band, I am proud to say that we have gained an enviable reputation within the industry for the exceptional quality of our performances, high energy, professionalism and reliability. Our success is attributed to having a simple and clear focus; we remain passionate about live music and passionate about client satisfaction”.
TJ And The Band has the ability to adapt in terms of size / number of musicians so can therefore can be booked as anything from a 4-piece group right up to 12 members or more. The standard line-up of the band consists of vocals, keyboards, bass and drums. This particular ensemble has been entertaining our audiences for many years; providing an energetic and super slick performance that will have everybody up dancing. The 6-piece band sees the addition of our infamous, dancing horn-section. We can literally keep growing depending on your requirements, so if you fancy the addition of guitar or a rapper, string section or percussion, we are more than happy to add this to our line-up.
“I am proud to say that the musicians I work with in the TJ And The Band are some of the best session players in the UK today. Playing for such artists as: Vanessa Mae, Natasha Bedingfield, Tinchy Stryder, Craig David, Spandau Ballet, Corrine Bailey Rae, Cliff Richard, Mica Paris, Solomon Burke and having performed at venues/festivals such as Glastonbury, V festival, the M.E.N, Wembley Arena, the O2 Arena and the Liverpool Echo Arena and the list goes on.”
Finally if its jazz and blues you are looking for TJ Duo can create a beautiful atmosphere at any dinner or wedding breakfast. The vocal/piano duo has residencies at prestigious venues such as Simply Heathcoat’s, Hope Street Residence Lounge Liverpool, Pizza Express in Heswall, Liverpool and Knightsbridge London and private dinning at The Grosvenor, Chester. The duo has also performed at the Grand National since 2005 to 2009 and Christmas Dinners at Chester Races for the last 3 years.
Duo to Octet (including, Female Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Saxophone, Trumpet, Alto Saxophone, Trombone, Backing Vocals, Percussion )
1940’s, 1950’s & 1960's
- At Last – Various Artists
- Autumn Leaves – Various Artists
- Every Time We Say Goodbye – Ella Fitzgerald
- Fever – Peggy Lee
- Fly Me To The Moon - Various
- Get Happy - Various
- Hard Days Night – The Beatles
- It Had To Be You – Various
- Lady Is A Tramp - Various
- My Funny Valentine-Various
- People Get Ready – Curtis Mayfield
- Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Spooky- Dusty Springfield
- Summertime – Porgy And Bess
- Sway – Various
- Under My Skin – Various
- When I Fall In Love – Nat King Cole
1970’s & 1980’s
- 9 To 5 - Dolly Parton
- Ain’t No Body - Chaka Khan
- Blame It On The Boogie – Jackson 5
- Call Me Irresponsible – Etta James
- Cry Me A River – Julie London
- Disco Inferno – Tina Turner
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- Living For The City - Stevie Wonder
- Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- My Baby Just Cares For Me – Nina Simone
- Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
- Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
- Rock With You - Michael Jackson
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Street Life - Randy Crawford
- Superstition- Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder
- We Are Family- Sister Sledge
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- Upside Down - Diana Ross
- Young Hearts - Candi Staton
1990’s To Present Day
- Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
- American Boy- Estelle
- Bag Lady – Eryka Badu
- By Your Side – Sade
- Black And Gold- Sam Sparro
- Can’t Get You Out Of My Head – Kylie
- Closer- Neyo
- Crazy - Gnales Barkley
- Crazy In Love - Beyonce
- Cry Me A River - Justin Timberlake
- Dance Me To Your Beauty – Madeleine Peyroux
- Deja Vu – Beyonce
- Do It Like A Brother- Jessie J
- Don’t Know Why – Nora Jones
- Don’t Mess With My Man - Lucy Pearl
- Empire State Of Mind Part 2- Alicia Keys
- Fell In Love With A Boy- Joss Stone
- Freak - Sugar Babes
- Forget You- Ceelo Green
- Getting In The Way – Gill Scott
- Grace Kelly- Mika
- Grove Jet – Spiller
- Here Come The Girls- Sugar Babes
- How Come You Don’t Call Me – Alicia Keys
- I Don’t Need A Man - Pussy Cat Dolls
- I Got A Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
- I Wish I Didn’t Miss You – Angie Stone
- Jet Lag – Joss Stone
- Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars
- Kissing You – Desree
- Maneater- Nelly Furtado
- Mercy- Duffy
- Million Dollar Bill- Whitney Houston
- Mr Brightside- Killers
- On And On- Eryka Badu
- Oops - Blu Cantrell
- Ordinary People - John Legend
- Only Girl In The World- Rihanna
- Play - Jennifer Lopez
- Poker Face- Lady Gaga
- Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Ray
- Rehab - Amy Whinehouse
- September- Earth Wind And Fire
- Sex On Fire- Kings Of Leon
- Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
- Shackles - Mary Mary
- She Said- Plan B
- Shoulda Woulda Coulda – Beverly Knight
- Single Ladies- Beyonce
- Song Bird – Eva Cassidy
- Spotlight- Jennifer Hudson
- Stuck In The Middle - Louise
- Super Duper- Joss Stone
- Superstar – Jamelia
- Survivor - Destiny Child
- Take Your Mamma Out - Scissor Sisters
- Tears Dry On Their Own Into Ain’t No Mountain High Enough- Amy Winehouse/Marvin Gaye
- Telephone- Lady Gaga/Beyone
- This Love – Maroon 5 (Kanye West Remix)
- Toxic - Britney Spears
- Tyrone (Live) - Erykha Badu
- Umbrella- Rihanna
- Valerie- Amy Whinehouse
- Wade In The Water – Eva Cassidy
- Wanna Dance With Somebody- Whitney Houston
- When I See You - Macy Gray
- Woman’s Worth – Alisha Keys
- X Factor – Lauren Hill
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- You Might Need Somebody – Shola Alma
Tracey, admittedly a belated response on our our part however here's our important positive feedback. Band arrived bang on time - punctual. Band appreciated that our changing room area leading directly onto the playing area had blown down the night before. They coped with the lack of changing area yet were still impeccably dressed. The second set went down an absolute storm! - I never new Dolly Parton would get such a massive reaction from the party. 2 Encore songs to finish the set - brilliant. Did not even hesitate over the cost versus value for money - particularly with the distances travelled. Guests were all raving for the band and said it was a monumental and magical finish to the day. As for your services Tracey, I used your services because you were quicker, more professional and kept your time based promises. You got me out of a potentially embarrassing situation and for that I am grateful.
TJ And The Band have played at some of the countries most prestigious events…
· TJ has performed to Prime Minister Gordon Brown and former Prime Minister Tony Blair in Whitehall, London.
· Mersey Partnership asked TJ to perform to Sir Richard Branson on his visit to Liverpool.
· TJ was invited to perform at The National Tourism Awards at St. Georges Hall which was hosted by Eamon Holmes.
· The Daily Post and Echo approached TJ to perform at Liverpool’s Regional Business Awards hosted by Peter Sissons, and also at the Cheshire Regional Business Awards and Cheshire Tourism Awards.
TJ’s 8-piece band, featuring her amazing horn section, have performed at such places like Lancashire Cricket Club for KPMG, at the Hilton Manchester for the Rugby Super League’s Man Of Steel Awards, Warwick Castle and Gleneagles for Martin Dawes. Hill Dickinson has booked TJ and her band for numerous events in 2008/9. In summer 2007, the 8-piece TJ And The Band performed a one month contract playing at the prestigious Arena venue in Singapore. The biggest event to date was for Dominos Pizza at the Echo Arena Conference Centre with TJ’s 9-piece band playing to 1,300 guests, hosted by Ant and Dec.
TJ And The Band continues to perform at numerous weddings all over the country in such places as the…
- Grosvenor and Crabwell Manor, Chester
- The Palm House and Knowsley Hall, Liverpool
- Formby Hall, Meols Hall and The Vincent Hotel, Southport
- The Lowry, the Hilton and Radisson, Manchester
- Manchester Town Hall and Davenport Green House
- Belle Époque and Inglewood Manor
- Hillbark Hotel and Thornton Manor, Wirral
- Ripley Castle and the Majestic Hotel, Harrogate
- Dundas Castle and The Lodge, Scotland
- Swann Hotel and Castle Inn Hotel, the Lake District
- Arley Hall, Crewe Hall and Sandhole Oak Barn, Cheshire
- Danesfield House, London
The 8-piece band performed at the wedding of the owner of, the sophisticated bar chain, The Living Room, and also did a wedding for the MD of Virgin Holidays.
TJ And The Band has become established as one of the top acts in the North West and was recently given the honour of performing at the opening of the Liverpool One shopping complex. TJ also proudly performed at Liverpool FC’s Christmas Parties, and has been a regular performer at the Grand National for the last 6 years and also at the Chester Races over the Christmas period. The Liverpool Empire has used the band many times for after show parties and launch show events.
Students balls that TJ’s band has performed at: The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts’ Graduation Ball, Liverpool University, and the prestigious Repton School. Such was TJ’s impact that she has been invited to sing at the Repton Leavers’ Ball 2 years running, and they have already booked her for 2010. The band has also performed at product launches for Aston Martin and Bentley, the opening of Manchester’s Max Mara store, and for 3 years at the
Boodle and Dunthorne’s Winter Ball at the Grosvenor Hotel, Chester.
The band consists of lead vocals by TJ plus pianist, guitarist, bass, drums, saxophone, trumpet, backing vocals (x 3). You can pick your own line up or we can help to advise on what would be most appropriate.
If you would like the band to get everyone up to dance then the smallest band size would be a 4 piece as drums and bass are essential. These are prices for 2 x 45 minutes sets and for events based in the North West of England. TJ And The Band is self contained with full PA and lights.
If you have a full day event i.e. a wedding, TJ is also able to offer a duo (piano and vocal) that can play over the wedding breakfast or dinner, followed by the funky band for the evening. With over a 100 strong repertoire no songs will be repeated.
1 x 45 min set and 1 hour set
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.