Vesper Martini are a sublime jazz guitar duo that bring the finesse of a top jazz club to your venue. Whether it is smooth background music at a dinner, or swinging hot jazz at a buzzing champagne reception, this remarkable outfit can adapt themselves perfectly to your needs.
Vesper Martini can appear as a duo, trio or more...
Vesper Martini are a sublime jazz guitar duo that bring the finesse of a top jazz club to your venue of choice. Whether it is smooth background music at a sophisticated dinner or swinging hot jazz to a buzzing party or reception, this remarkable outfit can adapt themselves perfectly to your needs. The two guitarists conspire to intermingle silky smooth bass-lines, powerful improvisations and groovy rhythms all to create a dazzling hybrid of everything from cool and mellow jazz to swing, blues, latin and bebop.
This sublime duo can even expand to a trio or more with the addition of highly accomplished guest musicians, resulting in fresh, exotic and spontaneous music...
Vesper Martini are primarily a guitar duo, but can be booked as a trio, quartet, quintet or more, using the addition of various highly skilled professional musicians including Trumpet, Percussion, Flute and Vocals.
- Duo - Guitar Duo
- Trio - Guitar Duo + 1 Additional Musician
- More: A larger band can be arranged on request
For example, the most popular line-ups recently have been as follows:
- Duo (2 Guitars)
- Trio (Vocals + 2 Guitars)
- Quartet (Vocals + Trumpet + 2 Guitars)... or percussion also available on request.
- After You've Gone (1918)
- Ain't Misbehavin' (1929)
- All Of Me (1931)
- Autumn Leaves (1945)
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen (1932)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Blame It On My Youth (1934)
- Blue Skies (1926)
- Bohemia After Dark (1955)
- Bossa Dorado (1994)
- Don't Worry 'Bout Me (1938)
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me (1931)
- East Of The Sun (1934)
- Fly Me To The Moon (1954)
- Gee Baby (1929)
- Georgia On my Mind (1930)
- I Can't Give You Anything But Love (1928)
- I Remember You (1941)
- If I Had You (1928)
- I'm Beginning To See The Light (1944)
- I'm Confessin' That I Love You (1930)
- I'm In The Mood For love (1935)
- It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing (1931)
- I've Got You Under My Skin (1936)
- Lady Be Good (1924)
- Lambada (1989)
- Look For The Silver lining (1919)
- Lullaby Of Birdland (1952)
- Meet The Flintstones (1960)
- Minor Swing (1937)
- Misty (1954)
- Moonlight Serenade (1939)
- My Funny Valentine (1937)
- Night & Day (1932)
- Nuages (1940)
- Over The Rainbow (1939)
- Satin Doll (1953)
- September Song (1938)
- St Louis Blues (1914)
- Stardust (1927)
- Stormy Weather (1933)
- Summertime (1935)
- Sway (1953)
- Take The A Train (1939)
- The Girl From Ipanema (1962)
- The Nearness Of You (1938)
- The Shadow Of Your Smile (1965)
- The Very Thought Of You (1934)
- This Can't Be Love (1938)
- Trouble In Mind (1924)
- Undecided (1938)
- Volare (1958)
- Walking My Baby Back Home (1930)
- What A Difference A Day Made (1934)
- Why Don't You Do Right (1936)
- You Do Something To Me (1929)
Dear Rich & Frank, thank you so much for playing at our wedding reception at the Marine Aquarium, Plymouth. With the backdrop and the wonderful music it created the perfect atmosphere. Our guests loved the music and we could listen to it all over again, just fantastic!
Between them, Vesper Martini have performed for celebrity audiences including Dawn French, Ade Edmondson, Jennifer Saunders and Rick Stein; at top clubs and venues all over the UK including Le Quecumbar (London), Black Cotton Club (London), Jamboree (London), Cafe Consort at Royal Albert Hall (London), Edinburgh Fringe (Scotland), Barbican International Jazz & Blues Festival (Plymouth), Salcombe Festival, Looe Festival, Plymouth National Marine Aquarium, St Moritz club (London), Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival, Volksfest, Golowan Festival (Penzance), and many more; on BBC Radio and across the media; and at countless weddings, parties, corporate functions and high-class events...
Vesper Martini are a refined and experienced jazz outfit and they:
- Are available as a duo, trio, quartet or more.
- Are the perfect choice for refined entertainment.
- Are always impeccably dressed.
- Can play a diverse range of styles (Jazz/Swing/Speakeasy/Blues/Latin/Bebop).
- Have been performing together at public and private events of all kinds for over 15yrs.
- Have an extensive repertoire of easily recognisable jazz standards.
- Can provide recorded music in the interval.
- Will only ever provide seasoned professional musicians.
- Can learn a song for you on request.
- Are flexible and versatile.
- Can perform anywhere in the UK.
- Come with their own lighting, Public Liability Insurance and fully PAT-tested equipment.
- Guarantee a great show every single time!
- The standard performance times are 2 x 45 minute sets with a 30 minute interval.
- However, Vesper Martini are fully flexible.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.