Perfect for corporate events, weddings, hotels and exclusive events.
The Village Underground soul revival comes complete with a meaty horns section and a percussionist that are ready to rock your event. The band of all bands. Created with some of the most established and esteemed London musicians. A sound to rival some of the great motown and pop bands.
When you book Village Underground you get more than just a function band, you get a performance to remember.
Village Underground can deliver a performance that is perfect for your event.
From exclusive London events to film premieres, corporate events to large weddings. A performance filled with energy, excitement and great music will leave your guests dancing all night long. All sound and lighting equipment is included.
Their song list is constantly expanding and if you have any specific requests, Village Underground will do their best to include them.
- Male Vocal
- Female Vocal
- Electric Guitar
- Bass Guitar
Six and Eight piece bands are also available.
60’s & 70’s
- Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
- Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles
- Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
- Ain't No Mountain High - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson
- Shake Your Body - Jackson 5
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
- Hard To Handle - Otis Redding
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Best of My Love - The Emotions
- River Deep Mountain High - Tina Turner
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- Dec 63 (Oh What A Night) - The Four Seasons
- Day Tripper - The Beatles
- Mustang Sally - The Commitments
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- Midnight Hour- Wilson Pickett
- Gimme Some Lovin - Spencer Davis Group
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Lady Marmalade - Labelle
80’s & 90’s
- 1999 - Prince
- Faith - George Michael
- Power of Love- Huey Lewis & The News
- Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
- Make My Dreams Come True- Hall & Oates
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Dancing on the ceiling - Lionel Ritchie
- Dancing In The Street - David Bowie & Mick Jagger
- Simply The Best - Tina Turner
- Lady - Modjo
- I Wanna Dance - Whitney Houston
- Every Little Thing - The Police
- Finally - Cece Peniston
- Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Proud Mary - Tina Turner
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Nutbush - Ike & Tina Turner
- Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
Modern Day Hits
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- I Need A Dollar - Aloe Blacc
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- I Gotta Feeling -Black Eyed Peas
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
- Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys
- Little Lion Man- Mumford & Sons
- Dynamite- Taio Cruz
- Mercy - Duffy
- Seven Nation Army- Ben L'oncle version
- Do They know it's Christmas - Band Aid
- Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
- Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
- Happy - Pharrell
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Get Lucky - Pharrell
- We Are Young- Fun
- Waiting All Night - Rudimental
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
- Rather Be - Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynn
- We Found Love - Rihanna & Calvin Harris
- Forget you - Cee Lo Green
- Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Earthquake - Tinie Tempah
- Titanium - David Guetta
- Rude - Magic
A massive thank you to the band. We cannot express how glad we are to have booked you. It was such a fun night and we will definitely be booking you again.
- British Airways
- Thames Water
- The Dorchester Hotel
- The Intercontinental
- The Ritz
Musicians have played for:
- Tinie Tempah
- Ella Eyre
- Ben Haenow
- Stars in their Eyes
- X Factor
- Meghan Trainor
- Jessie Ware
- and many more
How long do Village Underground play for?
2 x 1 hour performances or 3 x 40 minute performances
What equipment do we need to have available?
A minimum of 4 power sockets for them to use near the stage area.
Can we request songs not to be played?
Absolutely. Check through the repertoire and any songs you don't want to be played please let us know
How many song requests are we allowed?
We say 3 requests plus the first dance.
Can we use the P.A and microphone for speeches?
Absolutely! Just let them know before the event.
How many cars do the band travel in?
Normally up to 5 cars.
How long is the break between sets?
Completely up to you. We recommend no more than a 45 minute break in between sets.
Do Village Undergound provide all of their own equipment?
They do. All of the sound and lighting equipment is provided. The lights light up the stage and the dancefloor. Feel free to hire more lights if you would like more on the dancefloor.
Will it be the same musicians as in the video?
Not necessarily. Village Underground change musicians every now and then and we can't guarantee that it will be exactly the same musicians. All the musicians are professional session musicians that have played for the likes of X Factor, Stars in their Eyes, Meghan Trainor, Ben Haenow, AnGel and many more.
Do we need to provide anything for the band?
The only thing the band ask for is hot food to be provided at some point before or in between their performances.
How late can the band play until?
The price includes the band playing up until midnight.
How long does sound check take?
Around 80 minutes.
Does the band need a space to change?
Yes we recommend to keep a room spare in the venue for the band to get changed and prepare for your event.
Will the band be socialising with guests?
As a rule, the band don't get in the way of your event and work with the upmost professionalism.
- 2 x 60 Minutes
- 3 x 40 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.