“Function band” really doesn't describe First Base. Why? Because they are absolutely, positively one of the most rockingly awesome talented three piece acts performing at wedding receptions, parties and business events around the UK. With over two hours of amazing sounding dance floor friendly classic and contemporary live music, plus additional DJ music AND sound system and lighting, First Base are the full package! The stats don’t lie.
- Over 500 wedding receptions, business events and parties performed
- Perfect for festival-themed weddings and any other private hire function
- Gigs performed around the UK, Europe, Dubai, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada
- Two-time winners of regional “Best Live Function Band” at National Entertainment Awards
- Clients includes Royal Navy, RAF, HSBC, Lufthansa, Audi, BMW, Malmaison hotels
- 250 full song repertoire
- 90+ bookings per year
- 100% live – no backing tracks
Talented multi-instrumentalists, don't be surprised if the guitarist jumps on to the drum kit, the bass player throws his bass over to the drummer who steps up to sing lead vocals... you get the picture. It’s all part First Base's unique live show.
Classic Rock, Indie, Pop, Soul and more are all a part of the First Base show, and the guys are more than happy to put together a set list that suit your musical tastes. They’ll even learn your first dance!
DISCLAIMER: If you wake up the morning after a First Base gig with aching feet and hazy memories of crazy dance floor antics, the guys can not be held responsible for any social media shame you may experience.
- Electrifying 3 piece band performing classic and contemporary hits – 100% live
- Up to 2 hours of non-cheesy dancefloor-friendly music
- Available UK wide
- FREE DJ Service and requests performed
Aching feet. Sweat-drenched clothes. Sore limbs. Hoarse voices. All sure signs that you have spent a frenetic night on the dance floor courtesy of the high energy entertainment provided by the First Base guys. Whether your guests are full on party animals, sensible and reserved, or shy and retiring, it makes no difference – 2 hours in the company of this band will transform everyone into insatiable dance floor addicts!
Sure fire 60s and 70s classics, 80s anthems, 90s indie hits, noughties cuts and current chart hits are all in First Base mix, and with the infectious energy and professional entertainment provided by the guys, you have absolutely no excuse - so get on the dance floor and party like a lunatic!
First Base are a live three piece band, featuring:
- Guitar and male vocals
- Bass and male vocals
- Drums and male vocals
DJ-style music with request facility is provided as standard before, in between and after the live band sets.
- Ariana Grande - Breathin'
- Nas/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
- Shotgun - George Ezra
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Shut Up & Dance - Walk The Moon
- I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
- The Greatest Show - Panic At The Disco
- Rise - Jonas Blue
- Rude – Magic
- Blame It On Me - George Ezra
- Human – Rag ‘n’ Bone Man
- These Days – Take That
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Price Tag - Jessie J
- Candy – Robbie Williams
- Ollie Murs - Troublemaker
- We Are Young - Fun
- Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
- Dance With Me – Ollie Murs
- Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
- Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
- Mr. Brightside - The Killers
- All The Small Things - Blink 182
- Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
- Kasabian – Fire
- I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Seven Nation Army - The White Stipes
- Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
- Use Somebody – Kings Of Leon
- Gay Bar - Electric Six
- She Moves In Her Own Way – The Kooks
- Fix You - Coldplay
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
- Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
- Sing - Travis
- Somebody Told Me – The Killers
- Last Night – The Strokes
- Plug In Baby - Muse
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
- Whistle For The Choir – The Fratellis
- In The Morning –Razorlight
- You Got The Love – Florence And The Machine
- Yellow - Coldplay
- 5ive - Everybody Get Up
- Dancing In The Moonlight – Toploader
- Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
- Give It Away - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette
- Fresh Prince Of Bel Air - Will Smith
- All Star - Smash Mouth
- I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
- Here Comes The Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
- Killing Me Softly - Fugees
- I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts
- Angels - Robbie Williams
- Praise You - Fatboy Slim
- Cigarettes And Alcohol - Oasis
- Song 2 - Blur
- Black Or White - Michael Jackson
- Who Do You Thnk You Are - Spice Girls
- Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
- Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
- Pokerface - Lady Gaga
- Hot In Here - Nelly
- Get The Party Started - Pink
- Nickelback - Nobody
- Greatest Day – Take That
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Place Your Hands – Reef
- Song 2 - Blur
- Common People – Pulp
- Dakota – Stereophonics
- This Charming Man – The Smiths
- There She Goes – The Las
- Hush – Kula Shaker
- Park Life – Blur
- Alright – Supergrass
- If I Had A Gun – Noel Gallagher
- The Riverboat Song – Ocean Colour Scene
- Staying Out For The Summer – Dodgy
- A Design For Life – Manic Street Preachers
- Hey Dude – Kula Shaker
- I’ve Got You – McFly
- Connection - Elastica
- Girl From Mars – Ash
- Chasing Rainbows – Shed Seven
- Love Is The Law – The Seahorses
- Why Does It Always Rain On Me – Travis
- Girls And Boys - Blur
- Don’t Look Back Into The Sun – The Libertines
- I Am The Resurrection – The Stone Roses
- Trash - Suede
- Ever Fallen In Love - The Buzzocks
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- My Sharona – The Knack
- Whole Lot Of Love – Led Zeppelin
- Listen To The Music – Doobie Brothers
- Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
- Alright Now – Free
- Le Freak - Chic
- Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
- Highway To Hell - AC/DC
- Dancing In The Moonlight - Thin Lizzy
- Down In The Tube Station – The Jam
- Long Train Runnin’ – Doobie Brothers
- Maggie May – Rod Stewart
- One Way Or Another - Blondie
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Gene Genie – David Bowie
- 20th Century Boy - T Rex
- Stuck In The Middle – Stealers’ Wheel
- Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
- Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- Down Down – Status Quo
- Slade - Come On Feel The Noise
- Rebel Rebel – David Bowie
- Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
- I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
- Everlong – Foo Fighters
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
- Are You Gonna Go My Way – Lenny Kravitz
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Gotta Be Somebody - Nickelback
- Can’t Buy Me Love – The Beatles
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- Free Falling – Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
- Basket Case – Green Day
- Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones
- Daytripper – The Beatles
- Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
- My Generation – The Who
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry
- All Day And All Of The Night - The Kinks
- Pinball Wizard – The Who
- Gimme Some Lovin’ – The Spencer Davis Group
- Ace Of Spades – Motorhead
- Town Called Malice - The Jam
- Freedom - Wham
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go – The Clash
- We Built This City – Starship
- The Power Of Love – Huey Lewis And The News
- I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll – Joan Jett
- You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall And Oates
- Got My Mind Set On You – George Harrison
- Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N Roses
- Dancing In The Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Message In A Bottle - The Police
- Fight For Your Right To Party – Beastie Boys
- I’m Your Man – Wham
- Hungry Like The Wolf – Duran Duran
- Easy Lover – Phil Collins And Philip Bailey
- Brass In Pocket – The Pretenders
- Don’t You Want Me – Human League
- Word Up – Cameo
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
- Addicted To Love – Robert Palmer
- Land Down Under – Men At Work
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- Hey Mickey – Toni Basil
- I’m Still Standing – Elton John
Pop and Party
- I Gotta Feelin - Black Eyed Peas
- A little respect – Erasure
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- Walking on sunshine – Katrina and the waves
- Love machine – Girls aloud
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Angel – Shaggy
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- Faith – George Michael
- Rock your body – Justin Timberlake
- Mamma told me not to come – Stereophonics and Tom Jones
- Losing my religion - REM
- All night long – Lionel Richie
- Dancing in the moonlight - Toploader
- Mercy – Duffy
- On top of the world – Imagine Dragons
- 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
- Dancing on the ceiling – Lionel Richie
- Twist And Shout - The Beatles
- Brown eyed girl – Van Morrison
- Suspicious minds – Elvis Presley
- The Joker – Steve Miller
- Country Roads – John Denver
- Does your mother know – ABBA
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Vialli
Soul / Reggae
- Proud Mary (Rolling on the river) – Tina Turner
- You can’t hurry love – Phil Collins
- Higher and higher – Jackie Wilson
- Sex machine – James Brown
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Respect – Aretha Frankin
- Midnight hour – Wilson Pickett
- I feel good – James Brown
- Soul man – Sam and Dave
- Get ready – The Temptations
- Signed, sealed, delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Three little birds – Bob Marley
- Baby I love you way – Big mountain
- Sweet soul music – Arthur Conley Jnr
- Land of a thousand dances – Wilson Pickett
- Hard To Handle - Otis Redding
- I heard it through the grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Band of gold – Freda Payne
- Shake a tailfeather – Ray Charles
- Mustang Sally – Wilson Pickett
- Sweetest feeling – Jackie Wilson
- My girl - The Temptations
- Red red wine – UB40
- Walking on the moon – The Police
- Everybody – Blues brothers
First Dance Songs
- Just you and I - Tom Walker
- All of me – John Legend
- Thinking out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Amazed - Lonestar
- Better together – Jack Jonson
- Rule the world – Take That
- Stay with me – Sam Smith
- Heaven - Bryan Adams
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
- I’m yours – Jason Mraz
- Your Song - Elton John
- Days – The Kinks
- You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
- All you need is love – The Beatles
- Lets Stay Together - Al Green
- Stand by me – Ben E King
- 1000 years – Christina Perri
- How long will I love you - Ellie Goulding
- Weathered - Jack Garratt
- Dream catch me - Newton Faulkner
- Greatest day – Take That
- One – U2
- I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
- All my life - Kaci and Jo Jo
- Yellow – Coldplay
- Memories – Dean Martin
- Nothing else matters – Metallica
- I Can't Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis
- Truly madly deeply - Savage Garden
- She’s like a star – Taio Cruz
- At last – Etta James
- Grow old with me – Tom O’Dell
- Only love – Ben Howard
- Tenerife sea – Ed Sheeran
- Let it go – James Bay
- The One- Kodaline
- Ho hey – Lumineers
- Unchained melody – The Righteous brothers
- You are the best thing - Ray la Montagne
- Wonderful tonight – Eric Clapton
- Last of the ladies - The Courteeners
- Chasing cars – Snow Patrol
- Have I told you lately – Van Morrison
- Earth angel – Marvin Berry (The song from Back to the Future!)
- Need your love so bad – Fleetwood Mac
- Time of your life – Green Day
- I wanna marry you – Bruno Mars
- In my life – The Beatles
- The you and me song – The Wannadies
- Your love gets sweeter – Finlay Quaye
- Never gonna be alone – Nickelback
- Better – Tom Baxter
- God only knows – The Beach Boys
- Stuck on you – Lionel Richie
- You got it – Roy Orbison
- Galway girl – Steve Earl
- Wild rover – The Dubliners
- I’ll tell me ma – Shamrock
- Fields of Athenry – traditional
- Hava Nagila / The Horah
- Mazal Tov
Australian / NZ
- You got nothing I want – Cold Chisel
- Suicide Blonde – INXS
- Something so strong – Crowded House
- Scar – Missy Higgins
- Working class man – Jimmy Barnes
- Victoria – Dance Exponents
- Slice of heaven – Dave Dobbyn
- Who could it be – Men at work
- Live it up – Mental as anything
- Back in black – AC/DC
- I see red – Split Enz
- Black Betty – Spiderrbait
- Khe Sahn – Cold Chisel
- Bliss – Th’Dudes
- April sun in Cuba – Dragon
- Sway – Bic Runga
- I got you – Split Enz
- Need you tonight - INXS
- Lydia – Julia Deans
- Home again – Shihad
- Weather with you – Crowded House
- Prisoner of society – The living end
- My happiness – Powderfinger
- Fade away – Che Fu
- I should be so lucky – Kylie Minogue
Excellent evening. They arrived very early for set up, played exactly the sort of music we like and even accommodated my daughters singing a number with them. Thank you. Will certainly recommend them locally although I had not realised how far they had travelled!
Thank you for a great evening. Two fantastic sets and music between which got everyone dancing. The fellas were very professional and went out of their way to ensure we were happy. Would heartily recommend them for anyone's event.
Everybody loved them. People were dancing from beginning to end of the night. They even learnt a song for us and performed it fantastically - even if it did make me cry!! We just wanted to thank you and please pass this on to the band to say they really made our night very special indeed. Either of us would not hesitate to recommend the band to anybody as indeed we already have done. Thanks a million!
Thank you SO SO SOOOOO much for doing such an amazing job at our wedding on Thursday! Not only was the music fantastic, the performance, passion and energy was out of this world!!! You really did make our night the best it could ever be! It was the best day of our lives!! I hope you also managed to make the most of all of the food!
The band had such great energy and every song made you want to get up and dance - we don't remember one song that made us think "time to get a drink or pop outside". The dance floor was always full and so many people told us what a great time they had. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend you or book you again. Thank you for giving us and our guests such a fun night which we'll always remember.
Our venue is quite small! How much space will the band take up?
One of the advantages of hiring First Base band is that we are able to set up in spaces considered too small for larger events bands. Anything from 15ft x 8ft upwards will suit us, and we don’t need a stage (though if your venue provides one we’ll happily set up on it).
Can you suggest timings for the evening?
We can, though this is dependent on what time you are sitting for your wedding breakfast, what time your evening guests are arriving, what time your evening food is being served, etc. Here’s what we advise: don’t stress out too much about timings. Even if your day is running an hour or more late, there’s usually plenty of time for us to play two hours of live band music, plus DJ music. Relax; enjoy yourselves.
Can I pick songs the band will play?
We value the input of anyone we play to, so absolutely! Given that our repertoire runs to over 250 songs, it’s probably best to think about around ten songs you’d like to hear, plus any DJ songs (and not forgetting songs you’d prefer not to hear) to give us a flavour of your tastes, and we’ll do our best to include them on the night.
How far will you travel?
Though we are based in the West Midlands, we’re happy to perform throughout England and Wales and also internationally via special request.
Will you learn our favourite song?
You bet! We regularly learn special requests at no extra charge. This can be a popular song or a song specific to your evening. As professional entertainers we pride ourselves on being able to learn a wide variety of songs, including requests you may not expect a live band to perform! Once you have hired us, just ask!
What will the band sound like?
The music samples you can hear are a true reflection of our sound. We’re 100% live - don’t use cheesy backing tracks or autotuning. With more than one vocalist in the band we’re able to create a very full sound. We also utilise modern guitar pedal technology to achieve an amazingly varied texture of music.
Are you able to DJ in between sets?
Not a problem. We provide a manned DJ service as standard. All of our DJ music is beatmatched and crossfaded, just like a professional DJ, and uses our sound and lighting system for full effect. With around 20,000 songs to choose from, almost any request can be played.
Can we make song requests in advance?
Yes indeed. If you’d like us to learn some songs, make sure to give us at least six weeks notice – we’re a busy band!
May we use your sound system for the wedding breakfast and speeches?
You’re welcome to use our sound system and microphone for speeches and announcements throughout the night. For an additional charge we will arrive early, set up our sound system and provide a microphone especially for your speeches. For wedding receptions, we can even provide background music for your meal.
Do I have to provide any equipment for you?
As long as we have access to a performance area and a power point, we’re all good. Our top-of-the-range equipment is suitable for events of up to 1000 guests and is perfect for anything from small venues and marquees through to conference rooms and town halls. We provide all backline (instruments, amplifiers, drum kit), microphones and monitors for the band, and a sound system featuring top and sub speakers for maximum clarity. All of the equipment is compact so that your guests will have plenty or room to dance.
Do you provide lighting for the room?
Our lighting system is designed to light not just the performance area but the whole room, and our club-style effects lighting also encourages guests onto the dance floor.
How long do you play for?
Our full live show extends to 2 hours in segments spread throughout the night, though we’re happy to be as flexible as possible. We are happy to play for longer for an additional fee.
What time do you start and finish?
Our standard fee includes an earliest arrival time of 5pm and a midnight. In between those times, we’re all yours.
How long do you take to set up?
Though set up and soundcheck can take around 90 minutes, we can provide DJ music approximately 10 minutes after access to the performance room.
What if the band split up before my event?
Split up? What do you mean? First Base have performed over 500 bookings in seven years. We never cancel. If one of the guys is ill, we will be able to rotate in another professional musician who has performed with the band previously to ensure that the booking goes ahead at the same standard of entertainment.
Does the band have a dress code?
Smart, or at least we like to think so! Shirt, waistcoat and trousers. No jeans or T-shirts.
Does the band have PAT and PLI certificates?
All of our equipment is tested and we hold PLI up to £10 million.
Why should I hire First Base?
Very few bands measure up to the superb live entertainment First Base can offer. Up to 2 hours of live band music, additional DJ music, requests performed by the band, trustworthiness, the experience of professional musicians able to personalise performances to suit clients’ requirements and determined to create a wow factor!
Do First Base have any specific additional requirements?
Payment is always nice…but seriously, as long as we have food and soft drinks provided at no cost to the band, we’re happy. Easily pleased, you see.
What type/size venues are you able to play at?
We’re able to play in all types of venues! We have played in front rooms of houses, gazebos, conservatories, small marquees, large marquees, village halls, community centres, standard wedding venues, on a boat, huge conference venues, in an aquarium (above water), in a castle dungeon, in a cave, on a beach, in an aircraft hangar, and a secure institution. We’re not kidding. It was... intense.
How loud will the band be?
Presumably, if you’re looking to hire a live band, you’ll be aware that live bands perform at a volume that reduces the further away you move from the stage. We’re keenly aware of the need to perform at a volume appropriate for the venue and guests and all of our of clients we play to say that the sound levels were well controlled and not too loud. We’re happy to turn down (or up) to suit the requirements of yourself and the venue, but to avoid any issues we request that either a responsible member of your party or the venue duty manager is present during our soundcheck to give us the “thumbs up”. Has your venue said “no live bands”? This can be for a variety of reasons, but often it’s because of complaints from neighbours. In these situations we can perform with an electric drum kit, which means that we can perform at almost any required volume limit.
What is the bands’ power requirement?
If you’re hosting your function in a venue which regularly caters to events, standard domestic power points will be absolutely fine for us to use. If your function is taking place in a marquee, a standard domestic power point taken from a feed in the main building is also fine – though the venue will need to provide this and it should be insulated from the damp and not present a trip hazard to your guests. Using a generator? Please consult your marquee hire company for the correct model to power the caterers, band, etc.
Do First Base offer any additional services?
Song requests and DJ music at no additional fee. Early arrival, late finish, daytime use of sound system and microphones for an additional fee.
- 2 x 60 minutes or
- 3 x 40 minutes
First Base perform up to 2 hours of classic and contemporary live band music which can be split into 2 x 1 hour sets, 3 x 40 minutes, or just about any other permutation you can think of.
All of the music played will be upbeat, instantly recognisable and dance floor friendly. The guys are totally happy to receive input you’d like to give regarding song requests (including your first dance).
Why not ask your guests to suggest a song for the band to play when you send out your RSVPs? What a good idea!
As well as a sound system and dance floor lighting, First Base also provide DJ-style music with a requests facility before, inbetween and after the live band sets to create a seamless nights entertainment – perfect!
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.