45rpm are a professional London based 9-piece band of passionate, dedicated musicians. They have a breadth of experience rarely seen on the events entertainment circuit, which includes TV, radio and recording session work for UK Top 40 and American Billboard Chart artists, extensive European and International Tours and performances at major UK and International music festivals.
45rpm formed in 2015 with the intention of forming a function band which would truly be a cut above the rest. Featuring some of the finest, and busiest professional musicians on the London circuit, the band never fails to amaze and impress it's audiences.
The band plays it's own arrangements of classic and modern Soul, Disco and Funk pieces which are guaranteed to get everybody dancing and swept up in their infectious groove.
The full 9 piece band features 3 outstanding lead vocalists, with extra backing vocals coming from the band to provide exceptional 4-part harmonies; a dynamic and punchy saxophone section playing those classic horn lines from the songs you love, in addition to the occasional screaming solo; all underpinned by a seriously tight rhythm section which provides some seriously funky grooves.
As well as being as accomplished a musical act as you will find on the function scene, 45rpm are experienced performers who enjoy every performance just as much as the audience, bringing fun and energy to every event.
45rpm line up is as a 9-piece band consisting of:
- 3 x Vocalists (1 male, 2 female)
- 2 x Saxophonists
For an additional cost, the band can add extra musicians (trumpet; percussion etc) to the line up. The band is also able to offer a variety of line ups which are suitable for earlier in the day or a more subdued setting. These include: a Jazz Duo/Trio, a Saxophone Quartet, an acoustic vocal trio/quartet and a pop-up Rock & Roll trio.
50's & 60's
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- James Brown - Cold Sweat
- Sly & The Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Contours - Do You Love Me?
- Otis Redding - Hard To Handle
- Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher
- James Brown - I Feel Good
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of A Thousand Dances
- Otis Redding - Love Man
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
- James Brown - Get Up (I feel like being a) Sex Machine
- Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed Delivered
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
70's & 80's
- Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
- Lionel Ritchie - All Night Long
- The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- The Jackson 5 - Blame It On The Boogie
- Earth Wind And Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- The Commodores - Brick House
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Chic - Good Times
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Yvonne Ellian - If I Can't Have You
- Kool And The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Chic - Le Freak
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
- Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Earth Wind And Fire - September
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - The Love I Lost
- The Real Thing - You To Me Are Everything
- Fat Larry's Band - Zoom
- Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
- Prince - Kiss
90's To Present
- Beyonce - Crazy In Love
- Amy Winehouse - Rehab
- Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
- Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- Justin Timberlake - Senorita
45rpm are a great band. They were great with us from start to finish and I couldn't recommend them enough.
We'll never be able to thank you enough for the fantastic performance you put in at our wedding, it truly capped off what was a perfect day for myself and Lucy.
Can we request specific songs which aren't on your current list?
One complimentary request song is included with each booking (usually the first dance at a wedding). Extra requests can be arranged and learnt by the band at an additional cost.
Do you provide other background music when the band is not playing?
We provide music from an MP3 playlist, played through the PA system inbetween the band's sets. You will therefore have music played for the duration of your event if required.
- 2 x 60 Minutes
- 3 x 40 Minutes
Extra performance time can be provided for additional cost.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.