Calvin and the Hipmonks
Calvin and the Hipmonks are one of the UKs most consistently in demand party bands. With thousands of performances all over Europe in more than a decade, it's nothing but the greatest Rock, Pop, Soul & Dance Party Anthems all night long! With such experience every detail is effortlessly professional, from Sound, Lighting, to tailoring the set, reading the crowd & keeping everyone dancing till the very last beat!
Calvin and the Hipmonks
Calvin and the Hipmonks endeavour to make your event a success, and as such have invested in superior quality equipment including a 6800 watt HK Audio/Allen & Heath SQ5 sound system and L.E.D lighting rig; setting them apart from similar bands. The band use only the highest quality instruments and amplification from world-renowned manufacturers including Fender, Gibson, Mark Bass and Pearl.
Calvin and the Hipmonks will tailor sets from their varied repertoire to match the feel of your event and to maximise the number of guests attending the dance floor (what's a party without people having a good time?). With songs from The Beatles to Bruno Mars and Katy Perry to Kings of Leon - and everything in between - there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Calvin and the Hipmonks can change their look to suit a client’s requirements; From tuxedos to t-shirts, Calvin and the Hipmonks will make sure they look the part.
The band can also offer up to 2 x 30-minute sets of additional acoustic music, perfect for laid back occasions during your event, such as drinks receptions. Calvin and the Hipmonks uses a high-spec MacBook Pro to DJ. Manned by one of the band members and loaded with thousands of popular songs and professional DJ software to mix. Calvin and the Hipmonks can provide the optional extra of DJ’d music between sets and for a nominal fee provide DJ’d music until the end of your event, allowing your guests to remain in the party spirit after the band has finished.
The boys of Calvin and the Hipmonks pride themselves on being an approachable and friendly bunch of guys, and will gladly with prior consent allow the use of their equipment to make speeches/announcements during your event.
- Powell - Vocals/Guitar
- Christian – Bass Guitar
- JC – Drums
Modern Floor Fillers and Indie Stompers
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness
- A Punk – Vampire Weekend
- Stacy’s Mom – Fountains of Wayne
- Girl All The Bad Guys Want – Bowling for Soup
- Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis
- Dakota – Stereophonics
- Dreaming of You – The Coral
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
- I Predict A Riot – Kaiser Chiefs
- Locked out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Not Nineteen Forever – The Courteeners
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Teenage Dirtbag – Wheatus
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Valerie – The Zutons
- When the Sun Goes Down – Arctic Monkeys
- Many Of Horror – Biffy Clyro
- Miserlou – Dick Dale
- Rumble – Link Wray
- All Day and All of the Night – The Kinks
- All Right Now – Free
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Brown Sugar – The Rolling Stones
- Come Together – The Beatles
- Ever Fallen In Love – Buzzcocks
- I’m a Believer – The Monkees
- Jailhouse Rock – Elvis
- Jonny B Good – Chuck Berry
- Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
- Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynard
- Basketcase – Greenday
- All The Small Things – Blink 182
- She Bangs the Drum – The Stone Roses
- Never Forget – Take That
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Deep Blue Something
- Buddy Holly – Weezer
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Enter Sandman – Metallica
- Everybody – Backstreet Boys
- Lady (Hear Me Tonight) – Modjo
- Parklife – Blur
- Place Your Hands – Reef
- Show Me Love – Robin S
- Sit Down – James
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Buck Rodgers – Feeder
- Don’t you want me – The Human Leauge
- I Think Were Alone Now – Tiffany
- Ain’t Talking Bout Love – Van Halen
- Boys of Summer – Don Henley
- Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship
- A Little Respect – Erasure
- I Love Rock And Roll – Joan Jett
- A Town Called Malice – The Jam
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
- Easy Lover – Phil Collins
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
- Let’s Dance – David Bowie
- Living on a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Mustang Sally – The Commitments
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
- The Boys Of Summer – Don Henley
- The Power of Love – Huey Lewis and The News
- This Charming Man – The Smiths
- Boys Don’t Cry – The Cure
Genuinely cannot sing the praises of these guys enough, easily the best money we spent on our Wedding! Communication in the build up was excellent, taking on board our requests throughout including learning a new song for our first dance, something that really meant a lot to us both. On the actual day the guys were brilliant, discrete in setting up and no fuss or stress whatsoever. A really nice bunch of guys who captured the atmosphere of our Wedding perfectly, the fact that all our guests sang their praises and said how good they were is testament to this. I would recommend this band to anyone as they really did make our day in the end. Thanks a lot guys. Neil & Jo x
The band were terrific right from the off. They were very friendly and accommodating to our requirements. They played a wonderful acoustic set at the end of dinner then two one hour sets with DJ in between. Everyone loved the music they played and we would recommend them to anyone looking for a great band at there wedding. Everyone at the wedding commented how great they sounded and loved there sets. MANY THANKS.
Calvin and the Hipmonks were absolutely amazing and really made our wedding reception brilliant. All our guests loved them and asked us about booking them for future events. I can't recommend them enough! They were the perfect band for our wedding and played a massive part in making our day what it was.
- PZ Cussons
- William Hill
- The R.A.F
- The Army
- West Mercia Police
- West Midlands Safari park
- Liverpool Law Society
- Royal Veterinary College
- Tata Steel
- Molly Maid
- Cheshire Business Awards
- Admin-re insurance
- Reaseheath College
- Faithful Gould
- Tui Travel plc
How is it best to time things?
Through our own extensive experience of catering for a huge amount of weddings, we have compiled an example order of events below. We have found that this is usually the best way to time things, using our most popular 2x45 minute set's format.
Remember that this is only a guideline and we are of course happy to go along with whatever timings you ultimately decide. Please bear in mind however that having the band perform during the evening buffet is NEVER a good idea and band set's should always be either side of, or after then.
The band's typical contracted hours are between 6pm – 12am. If your venue has a license that runs until 1am or 2am, you are more than welcome to hire the band for that additional time. We recommend only DJ sets after 12am.
6pm – Band arrives at venue
6pm – 7.30pm – Load into venue, setup and sound-check whilst the room is being turned around for the evening reception
7.30pm – 8pm – Light background music whilst evening guests arrive
8pm – 8.15pm – Cut cake, photos, first dance
8.15pm – 9pm – First Band Set
9pm – 9.45pm – Evening buffet with suitable background music
9.45pm – 10.30pm – Second DJ set
10.30pm – 11.15pm – Second Band Set
11.15pm – 12.00am – Final DJ Set
Does the band have PAT and PLI certification?
We always carry up to date PAT certification and have Public Liability Insurance cover up to £5,000,000. We are more than happy to forward the relevant documents to the event organiser at your venue if needed.
Can I come and see you play anywhere?
Due to the nature of what we do, the band play very few public shows. 99% of our gigs are private functions. However, there are occasions throughout the year where we will perform a public show. Get in touch and we'll let you know if we have any upcoming shows where you can watch the band perform.
How much space do you require?
The band ask for a minimum performance area of 3x5 metres or similar to be allocated. The band has played on big festival stages, right through to intimate cellar bars. They will make the best use of any given space they can.
Does the band have any requirements?
We ask that the band be provided with a room to get changed in (any room is fine as long as it is not the toilets!), a hot meal or to be included in the evening buffet, and for soft drinks to be made available to them. We also require a safe supply of electricity with at least two outlets.
- 2 x 45 minute
- 2 x 60 minute
- 3 x 30 minute
- 3 x 40 minute
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.