Dave The Guitarist
* Experienced performer in a number of genres
* Wealth of experience at prestigious venues
* Suitable for small or large events
* Special request songs learned
* Huge repetoire
* A tasteful mix of classical, jazz and popular music
* Excellent value for money
Dave The Guitarist
Dave is a seasoned performer with over 15 years experience. He has played at numerous clubs, festivals, functions and shows throughout the UK and in France. He has appeared alongside the likes of Selina Jones, JTQ, Rose Royce, and the Royal Marines Big Band.
Dave has performed in prestigious venues including Blenheim Palace, Goodwood House, The London Boat Show, Kensington Roof Gardens and The Natural History Museum.
Corporate clients include Maserati, Coffin Mew, Lotus, Cheltenham Film Studios, and Chichester Festival Theatre.
All music is completely live – no backing tracks! Dave can set up ready to perform in minutes and won’t take up too much room!
Dave has a vast repertoire (3+ hours) of jazz, popular and classical music, and is happy to learn songs on request. Music ranges from Bach and Weiss to jazz standards by Gershwin and Porter, and pop tunes such as Yesterday by The Beatles and Don’t Know Why by Norah Jones.
Dave’s set list is constantly evolving! Below is a current sample...
Jazz and Popular Standards
- On the sunny side of the street (McHugh)
- All the things you are (Kern)
- Georgia On My Mind (Carmichael)
- Stella by starlight (Young)
- My Romance (Rogers)
- Out of Nowhere (Green)
- When Sunny Gets Blue (Segal)
- They can’t take that away from me (Gershwin)
- Yesterday (McCartney)
- Darn That Dream (Van Heusen)
- Beautiful Love (Young)
- Gee baby ain’t I good to you (Razaf)
- Here’s that rainy day (Van Heusen)
- Killing me softly (Fox)
- Fly me to the moon (Howard)
- Just friends (Klenner)
- Someday my prince will come (Morey)
- Autumn Leaves (Mercer)
- Have you met miss jones (Rogers)
- Don’t know why – Norah Jones (Harris)
- Satin Doll (Ellington)
- All of Me (Marks)
- How high the moon (Lewis)
- Body and Soul (Green)
- I’m old fashioned (Kern)
- Moonlight in Vermont (Blackburn)
- Sweet Lorraine (Burwell)
- Don’t get around much anymore (Ellington)
- Someone to watch over me (Gershwin)
Classical and South American
- Chega de saudade (Jobim)
- Chuva Suave (Bonfa)
- Manha de Carnaval (Bonfa)
- Villa lobos - preludes 1,2 & 5
- Choro no.1
- Mazurka Choro
- Schottish Choro
- Bach - largo in C, prelude D, chorale prelude
- Tango en Skai (Dyens)
- Lough Caragh (Ryan)
- Birds Flew Over The Spire (Ryan)
- El Choclo (Villoldo)
- Cavatina (Myers)
- Sonatina (Torroba)
- Fantasie (Weiss)
- Milonga de’l Angel – (Piazolla)
We can't thank you enough for performing at our wedding this Saturday. You were awesome! Everybody said how great you were. You really made our special day even more special. Thanks again!
Previous clients / Venues have included:
- Goodwood Estate
- Chichester Festival Theatre
- West Dean Estate
- The Natural History Museum
- Coffin Mew
- Lotus Cars
- London Boat Show
- Cheltenham Film Studios
- Leas Clif Hall, Folkestone
- The Hilton group
- Avisford Park Hotel
"Do you take requests?"
Yes, I can take requests for classical and jazz pieces but 2 weeks notice is required.
"Are your set times flexible?"
Yes, I can tailor sets to suit your event, and to allow for speeches, other acts, etc.
"Do you take up much space?"
No, I can set up in an area 1.5 x 1 metre approx.
"Do you use backing tracks?"
No! All music performed is completely live and can be tailored to suit your needs.
- Standard performance 2 x 45 minute sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.