Performing the very Best in Soul, Jazz, Pop & Saxophone 'favourites'... Ian's Soulful / Jazzy playing will help you to create the perfect atmosphere and keep you and your guests entertained, whatever your special occasion!
Providing saxophone (& vocals) for your:
- Wedding: Ceremony, Drinks Reception, Wedding Breakfast and Evening Entertainment
- Indian Wedding: Reception, Bride and Grooms entrance (solo or with dhol drums), during the meal and 'freestyle' with dhol drums
- Private party and special occasions
- Corporate promotions and events
- Seasonal Occasions
- Restaurant and hotel
- Nightclub: Playing with/ over DJ
Performing fantastic music:
- Dance/ Funky House music (playing over DJ or along to own mixes)
An accomplished musician and performer, Ian has been playing the saxophone for over 20 years. Having worked with some of the UK's top function bands and toured with many international artists. Ian has played on numerous recordings and appeared on TV and radio shows such as Top of the Pops, The National Lottery and The Clive James Show.
Ian is also a much sought after solo entertainer who has performed at many diverse venues and events including: Weddings, corporate functions, private parties, hotels, casinos, cruises, restaurants and festivals.
In addition to his distinctive, soulful sound and fluent playing, Ian is also an experienced vocalist and, with a large repertoire of songs and instrumentals at his finger tips, he is able to cover many styles of music.
Whether performing acoustically or with quality backing tracks, Ian is sure to set the appropriate mood and help create that special atmosphere for your event.
Wedding Receptions & Dinner Parties...
Whether you're looking for some great atmospheric background music or laid back jazz for your Wedding Day (Ceremony/ Reception/ Wedding Breakfast), dinner party, or special occasion, Ian has the perfect choice of music to entertain you. Playing acoustically or with quality backing tracks Ian's versatile and soulful saxophone playing will add that extra touch of magic to make your event both a truly successful and memorable one, both for you and your guests.
Parties & Evening Entertainment...
If it's more lively evening entertainment you're after, then Ian's up-tempo set, combined with his dynamic and energetic performance is guaranteed to get you on the dance floor! With a great selection of songs and music to dance to, including many saxophone favourites. Ian has often been known to join the audience on the dance floor while playing his saxophone! Add to this a professional sound system, disco lighting and iPod background music (of your choice during breaks) and you have the all the right ingredients for a fantastic party!
Corporate & Other Events...
Whatever your venue or event Ian's experience and professionalism mean that he can provide you with the very best and most appropriate entertainment to suit your needs. From restaurants, hotels, wine bars and night clubs through to corporate events and special occasions, Ian will tailor his music and performance to suit you, your guests and your environment.
Duo, Trio & Band...
And If you're looking for something larger - then Ian can also provide you with a fantastic duo, trio or full band so that you get exactly what you want to suit both your requirements (and budget).
Solo as Standard but also available as:
- Duo (+ guitar / vocals or piano)
- Trio (+ guitar / vocals & female vocalist)
- Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers/ M. Jackson
- All I Do - Stevie Wonder
- All of me - John Legend
- As - Stevie Wonder/ George Michael
- Always - Atlantic Star
- Always & Forever - Heatwave
- Amazed - Lonestar
- As Long As U Love Me - Backstreet Boys
- Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Can’t Help Falling in Love - Elvis
- Careless Whisper - George Michael
- Close To You - The Carpenters
- Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
- Don’t Know Why.... - Nora Jones
- Down On The Beach – Chris Rea
- Emotion - The Bee Gees
- Everything - Michael Buble
- Everything I Do - Bryan Adams
- Feel Like Making Love - Roberta Flack
- Feel My Love - Adele
- Fields Of Gold - Sting
- Forever In Love - Kenny G
- Get Here - Oleta Adams
- Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
- Holding Back The Years - Simply Red
- How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
- How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
- If You Don’t Know Me... - SimplyRed
- I Just Can’t Stop Lovin You - M. Jackson
- I’ll Be There – Mariah Carey
- I’ll Make Love To You - Boys 2 Men
- I’ll Never Love This Way Again - Dionne W.
- I’m Yours- Jason Mraz
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Just The 2 of Us - Bill Withers
- Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack
- Let’s Stay Together - Al Green
- Lilly Was Here - Dave Stewart/Candy Dulfer
- Me & Mrs Jones - Billy Paul
- Moon Dance - Van Morrison
- My Cherie Amore - Stevie Wonder
- My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Vallie
- My Girl - Temptations
- My Heart Will Go On (’Titanic’) - Celine Dion
- Nobody Knows It But Me – Tony Rich
- Save The Last Dance – Drifters
- Saving All My Love - Whitney Houston
- Secret Combination - Randy Crawford
- She (from ‘Nottinghill’) - Elvis Castello
- She’s The One – Robbie Williams
- Smooth Operator - Sade
- So Amazing – Luther Vandross
- (Somewhere) Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy
- Something About The Way you look... - Elton John
- Songbird - Kenny G
- Stand By Me - Ben E King
- Still The One - Shania Twain
- Stuck on You - Lionel Ritchie
- Sweet Love - Anita Baker
- There's Nothing Like This - Omar
- The Wedding Song - Kenny G
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
- This Guy’s In Love With You - Herb Albert
- This Masquarade – George Benson
- Truely, Madley, Deeply - Savage Garden
- Waiting In Vain - Bob Marley
- Walk on By - Dionne Warwick
- Want Yoiu Back - Take That
- What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
- When You Say Nothing – Ronan Keating
- Wind Bneath my Wings - Bet Middler
- Wishing On A Star – Rose Royce
- Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
- You Are the Sunshine of my Life - Stevie W.
- You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
- Your Love is King - Sade
- Your Song - Elton John
Dinner Jazz etc.
- Ain’t Misbehavin’
- All Blues - Miles Davis
- All Of Me
- Autumn Leaves
- Beyond The Sea
- Blue Bossa
- Blue Moon
- Body & Soul
- Bye Bye Blackbird
- Cheek 2 Cheek
- C Jam Blues
- Cantaloop Island - Us 3 / H. Hancock
- Come Fly With Me
- Days of Wine & Roses
- Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- Fever - Michael Buble
- Fly Me To The Moon - Sinatra
- Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
- Giant Steps - Coltrane
- Girl From Ipanema
- Green Dolphin Street
- Have You Met Miss Jones
- How High The Moon
- How Insensitive
- I Get A Kick Out of You
- Impressions - Coltrane
- In A Sentimental Mood
- In The Mood - Glen Miller
- It Don‘t Mean A Thing... - Glen Miller
- It Had To Be You
- It’s Only A Paper Moon
- I’ve Got Rhythm
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin
- Lady Is A Tramp
- Let It Flow - Grover Washington
- Let’s Fall in Love
- Let There Be Love - Nat King Cole
- L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
- Lullerby of Birdland
- Mas Que Nada - Sergio Mendes
- Masquarade - George Benson
- Misty - Errol Garner
- Moaning - Art Blakey
- Moon River
- More (Than The Greatest Love)
- Morning Dance - Spyro Gyra
- Mr Magic - Grover Washington Jnr
- My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone
- My Funny Valentine
- My Romance
- Night and Day
- Now’s The Time
- One Note Samba
- Our Love is Here To Stay
- Quiet Nights
- Round Midnight - Thelonius Monk
- Satin Doll
- Sky Lark
- Song For My Father - Horace Silver
- Stella By Starlight
- String of Pearls - Glen Miller
- St Thomas - Sonny Rollins
- Summer Samba
- Sway - Michael Buble
- Take Five - Dave Brubeck
- Take The A-Train
- The Look of Love
- There’ll Never Be Another You
- The Shadow of Your Smile
- The Sunny Side of The Street
- The Way You Look Tonight
- Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
- Watermelon Man - Herbie Hancock
- Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
- What Is This Thing Called Love
- When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole
- Yardbird Suite - Charlie Parker
Up-Tempo/ Party Music
- Ain't No Stopping Us Now
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- All Shook Up - Elvis
- Amarillo - Tony Christie
- As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet Boys
- Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
- Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Build Me up Buttercup - The Foundations
- Can’t Get By Without You - The Real Thing
- Can’t Hurry Love - Supremes/ Phil Collins
- Can’t Take My Eyes off You - Franki Valli
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Dance The Night Away – Mavericks
- Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
- December 1963 - Frankie Valli
- Finally - CC Peniston
- Forget You - Cee Lo Green
- Fresh - Kool & The Gang
- Get Down on it - Kool & The Gang
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Give Me The Night – George Benson
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Haven’t Met You Yet - Michael Buble
- Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson
- Hot Hot Hot - Arrow
- How Sweet It Is - Marvin Gaye
- I Feel Good - James Brown
- I Heard it Throught the Grapevine - M. Gaye
- I’m a Believer - The Monkees
- In The Midnight Hour
- I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
- It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones
- Jubel - klingande
- Knock On Wood - Edie Floyd
- Let’s Stick Together – Brian Ferry
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Love x Love - George Benson
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Mas Que Nada - Sergio Mendes
- Million Dollar Bill - Whiney Houston
- Music To Watch The Girls Go By - Andy Williams
- Mustang Sally - The Committments
- Mr Saxo - Alexandra Stan
- Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
- Our Day Will Come - Amy Winehouse
- Pick Up The Pieces - Average White Band
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
- Save The Last Dance - Michael Buble
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Suspicious Minds – Elvis
- Sway - Michael Buble
- Sweetest Feeling - Jackie Wilson
- Sweet Home Chicago – Blues Bros
- That’s The Way I Like it - KC & The Sunshine Band
- Twist & Shout/La Bamba - The Beatles
- You Can Leave Your Hat on - Tom Jones
- You To Me Are Everything - The Real Thing
- Aicha - Cheb Khaled
- Chura Liya - from ‘Yadoo ki baraat’
- Galliyan unplugged - Ek Villain
- Hey Shona - from 'Tara Rum Pum'
- Humko Humise Chura Lo - from ‘Mohabbatein’
- Kal Ho Naa Ho (Tomorrow May Never Come’) - theme from the
- Indian TV drama
- London Thumakda - from ‘Queen’
- Main Tenu - from the film 'Virsa'
- Pee Loon - from ‘Once upon a time in Mumbai‘
- Teri Meri (’Yours & Mine‘) - from ‘The bodyguard’
- Tujhe Dekha - from ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge‘
- Tum Hi Ho - Aashiqui
Ian was fantastic, he played during our welcome drinks for our company Christmas party and everyone enjoyed themselves listening to Ian. We spoke prior to the party and Ian made sure he had all the details of what we wanted prior to the event. He has a great mix of songs which were upbeat and got everyone into the party spirit. He was very professional and friendly to work with. Thank you Ian!
Thank you, Ian was amazing. definitely will book him again.
Ian kick started our post wedding breakfast celebrations, creating just the right atmosphere with his effortless smooth relaxing music which set the tone brilliantly. We would recommend Ian for anyone wanting a refined sophisticated professional experience.
I would give a 10 if I could! Ian was absolutely fantastic - he was more than happy to start playing a bit later as our speeches and meal overran. He played for our first dance and made it magical and came in throughout a lot of songs in the evening. Each time he played everyone got up and joined in and he kept the party going strong. After the day I had such lovely feedback from all of our guests saying how amazing he was, some even saying he was the best saxophonist they’ve ever heard. He was able to play to loads of different songs both modern and party classics. He was extremely professional and worked well with our DJ despite never meeting or playing alongside him before! Absolutely brilliant.
Ian was absolutely fantastic. All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed him. He was extremely professional, keeping in contact prior to the event and arriving within plenty of time to set up. Will certainly look to use again for future events.
He was absolutely fantastic - couldn’t fault him!!! Thank you x
What an amazing sax player, he absolutely made our night - it was fantastic. What a delightful man too and we will definitely be using him again.
Ian played beautifully and created a wonderful atmosphere while guests arrived at my daughters wedding reception. He was very professional. Well before the day he sent us his extensive repetoire so we were able to choose the perfect tunes for him to play for my daughters special day. Brilliant!
After listening to a number of artists, we selected Ian Sax as his tone and quality of performance was superior. He had an excellent range of music and our guests loved his performance. He was really friendly and his communication in the build up to our daughter's wedding was excellent.
Great sax player and really nice guy. I would recommend him for all occasions.
Ian was easy to deal with in the arrangements. His performance for the first 45 minutes was gentle and quite laid-back. After his break he changed the pace of the music and everyone was up dancing. It was a great end to our day's celebrations. Thank you!
It was perfect, we had an amazing time. Ian was really good in understanding what we wanted.
I just wanted to let you know how delighted I was that we chose you to play at our wedding. You are such an amenable chap and your music is fabulous but I'm biased as I love saxophone music! For a totally unbiased recommendation, I pass on the comment from Dean who was not really bothered either way about having any additional music and, if I'm honest, saw it as an extra cost. But he actually told me that having you there was the icing on the cake. You really did help to make a beautiful day - even more so with the added bonus of making the atmosphere so relaxed. He was absolutely chuffed that you played for us. (We women know what's right!). I hope you enjoyed the day as much as we and our guests did and once again, thank you.
We had Ian play at the reception of our wedding & he was absolutely amazing. He played such a different mix of music & everything we had asked for. All of our guests commented on just how brilliant he was & how having him playing whilst we had our photos taken really made the reception. Ian was also so friendly. I really couldn't recommend him enough thank you again, Ellie & Scott.
Ian was brilliant! All our guests really enjoyed the evening, particularly when Ian joined in with the band, Fantastic!
Ian was brilliant !!! He put me at ease prior to my party with a couple of phone calls re playlist etc nothing was to much trouble. He sounded great and started the evening off brilliantly. Ten out of ten. Thank you Ian xx
Ian literally hit all the right notes. He was totally flexible and our guests loved the laid back style and choice of music. Many thanks for helping make the opening successful.
I cannot describe how amazing Ian was during my husband's 60th surprise birthday. His choice of music and his amazing sax playing was absolutely perfect. He created the atmosphere that I could only have dreamt of! I was absolutely thrilled with him... Such a lovely guy too. He really made the party one to remember. Thank you so much Ian I am beyond happy that we found you! Amazing, Amazing Amazing!
Absolutely fantastic. Couldn't ask for a better saxophonist! Thank you so much for making our day so special.
Ian was absolutely amazing! He made our day so special and all of our guests really loved him too!
Ian was fantastic! We only wish we heard him more! Thank you so much! Mr and Mrs Tyler.
Ian was really helpful about arrangements and again his playing was a delight. Ian has played for two significant events this year - my big birthday and the Christmas dinner as President of my Soroptimist Club - and has made both events really special. I would definitely recommend him to others looking for lovely background music to enhance a celebration.
Fantastic! Everyone loved the act. Ian was very talented and extremely professional we had so much good feedback from our guests. Really like to thank Ian for making a special day even better. Mr and Mrs Solomons
Ian is a very talented saxophonist. He made our drinks/meal reception extra special. On the wedding day itself and after our special day, many of our wedding guests have commented on how brilliant Ian was. Ian was a pleasure to deal with prior to our wedding day and on the day itself. It is clear that he really enjoys playing at weddings. We will be recommending him to all of our friends and families in the future. Thank you Ian for making our wedding day so special.
Ian was simply amazing! Fantastic communication leading up to the event and he even learned a few extra songs for us. On the day he was flawless! He gave us memories that will last a lifetime. Ian is a complete professional and an incredible saxophone player. My Father in Law said he could sit on a beach with a glass of red wine and listen to him all day. Thank you for making our wedding day magical!
Ian sax was very polite and professional throughout the booking procedure and the event. Ian emailed us a list of his songs, where we were able to choose which songs we liked to have played. This gave us a mixture of relaxed dinner music and then some upbeat party music for the second set. All guests commented on how good Ian was and really enjoyed the music he played. We would fully recommend Ian sax and Warble Entertainment. Thanks to you both for making our 25th wedding anniversary a memorable one.
Ian Sax was absolutely fantastic. Not only was the music wonderful, and a highlight of the wedding for me and many of our guests, but Ian was a pleasure to deal with throughout, with a fantastic and varied playlist. Thanks for helping to make our special day even more perfect!
Definitely a 5 - excellent! A big thank you to Ian - he was absolutely fantastic! The music he played for my big birthday party was just right. We'd talked before the event and he played lovely background music - jazz and Sinatra-style - and sounds from the sixties to bring back some super memories. As it was a house party for about forty guests, we were fairly tight for space but he was really helpful and tucked himself into a corner of the lounge stowed his cases etc in a bedroom and just got on with the job in a very professional way. Everyone commented on how lovely the music was and what a pleasant guy he is - even though we were a bit crowded, he was not intrusive and it just made the day so special - thanks Ian, we shall be talking about your music for a long time!
Absolutely fantastic. Better played outside you could hear him clearer. A lovely guy, brilliant entertainer. Thank you soo much for making us feel at ease on our wedding day. It was really magical having you there.
Ian Sax was Fantastic. I couldn't have asked for anyone better!!! Everyone said how amazing he sounded and I was thrilled. Warble Entertainment were great to deal and very professional. I will use them again in the future. Thank you very much.
Our guests thought a CD was playing but when they turned the corner, they saw our saxophonist, Ian there! Everyone was very impressed. A great addition to any wedding. Thanks so much Ian!
We were extremely happy with Ian, he was very professional and played a great mix of music that helped set the relaxed tone for the day that we were looking for.
Ian was incredible professional and personable. All of our guests absolutely loved him. Massive thanks Ian you made the receptions drinks very enjoyable and created the perfect atmosphere. Best wishes, Mr & Mrs Scane
Ian was fantastic! Great guy, great music and he had everyone singing and dancing. Very professional will certainly have him again if the opportunity arises. Many thanks from Gwen & David Miles.
We were all very pleased with Ian's performance last night. He arrived with ample time and was extremely friendly. Ian played throughout the reception continuously and was very upbeat. We would definitely consider using Ian again for future events. Thank you very much! Charlotte Barmby, Event Executive, Collective Minds
Ian from start to finish was the total professional! Very easy to deal with and great ability to adapt to any situation. He provided an excellent performance & would recommend to anyone considering using his service. Many Thanks Todd Lake.
Ian was extremely professional throughout the event. He arrived early in order to work with us to find the right location to arrange his equipment so that it did not impede on the event's proceedings and was safe around other guests. Ian was dressed extremely smart and was very personable, working with our team at all times to ensure we were happy with the output - which we were ecstatic with. His set was perfect for the occasion and we received numerous compliments throughout the night on his performance. He has an excellent understanding of what to play for the occasion and was very mindful of the output levels so as not to drown out conversations but perfectly compliment. I wouldn't hesitate in booking Ian again and he was a joy to work with.
- Music - ABC, Carleen Aderson, The Foundations, Edwin Starr, Kenny Thomas, Monie Love, Driza Bone
- TV - The National Lottery, Top of the Pops, Clive James, Dale Winton, GMTV
- Orange Communications (Xmas party)
- Marks & Spencers
- British Airways
- Lloyds TSB
- O2 Arena (Michael Buble promotion)
- Greggs ('Moments' store launch)
- Imitate Modern art gallery (private party)
- Canada Life (Xmas party)
- Thomas Sebo Jewellers (new product launch)
- Patek Philippe watches
- Ward Homes (grand opening)
- Help for Heroes (Annual dinner/ dance)
- The Berkeley Group (promotion events)
- McCarthy & Stone (private events)
- Woburn Abbey
- Bolton Castle
- Leeds Castle (Kent)
- Bristol Museum
- Goodwood House
- Guildhall (Bath)
- Silverstone Race course
- Queens College (Cambridge)
- Knebworth Barns (Knebworth)
- The Four Seasons Restaurant (Mayfair)
- Claridges (Mayfair)
- The Rubens Hotel (Buckingham Palace)
- The Landmark Hotel (London)
- The Ritz Hotel (Mayfair)
- The Roof Gardens (W. Kensington)
- The Dorchester (Mayfair)
- 5 Lakes Country Club (Essex)
- Parklands - Quendon Hall (Essex)
- Stockbrook Manor (Essex)
- Stoke by Nayland Golf Club (Essex)
& many UK Wedding Venues...
Can I request songs from your playlist?
Yes, absolutely... Ian prides himself on tailoring his music around you wherever possible, and is extremely versatile.
If there is a particular song, such as for your first dance or Wedding Ceremony, that is not on his current playlist - He will also be very happy to learn it for you too - providing that he has a few weeks notice to give him time to prepare your request.
Are you insured?
Yes, Ian has Public Liability Insurance (PLI) up to £10 million, and all his electrical equipment is PAT (health and safety) tested. A copy of these certificates is available for your venue on request.
Can you play outside?
Yes, absolutely... as long as there is a safe electricity supply and the location is either suitably covered (during the 'rainy season') or situated in the shade (sax players don't do very well when standing in direct sunlight on hot summers day!).
How much space do you need?
Ian's set up can be very compact and requires a minimum space of just a couple of metres - although ideally, the more space, the better :-)
How long do you take to set up?
Usually, Ian requires only 30 minutes to set up - depending on the location, accessibilty and how many locations he going to be playing in.
However, he will always arrive at least 60 minutes before his performance time, in order to be appropriately dressed and ready to perform for you.
Is there anything extra you need on the day?
• Depending on how long Ian is going to be at your event, his contract is likely to include a request for a hot meal and provision for bottled water/ soft-drinks.
• He will also require access to a room where we can get changed.
• On arrival, in order to unload equipment as quickly and efficiently as possible - it's great if Ian can park as close as possible to his playing location.
• If parking is difficult, or an issue - provision of an allocated parking space for the duration of his time at your venue will also be required.
• A safe electrical supply and at least one 240v mains socket.
- 2 x 45 min sets (over 2 hour period)
- 3 x 40 min sets (over 3 hour period)
- Also available for longer periods on request
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.