Bringing you a selection of the best session musicians and West End performers in London town, this 6-11 piece band is the perfect way to make your event truly memorable.
From the smooth work of Bruno Mars to the funky rap of the Sugarhill Gang, Midnight Groove play a wide variety of upbeat genres to suit your event... the fun never stops!
Midnight Groove exist for one purpose - to make your party a night to remember. They don't just turn up and play soul standards, they will play all those songs that your guests had forgotten they loved. Midnight Groove mash songs into themed medleys that take your party on a journey through the eras and through all your favourite genres!
They love to tailor set lists and band line-up to a clients needs so that they get to hear exactly what they want on the night. Even if you have a request not on the set list, the band can make it happen.
Expect a sleek, stylish and huge sounding line up, with charismatic performances from lead singers that will give your guests no choice but to dance!
How big is the band?
Midnight Groove can go out as a 6 - 12 piece band. The core line up is 2 vocalists (male and female), drums, bass, keys and guitar. With frontman Joe, you get a sax player and a vocalist rolled into one!
On top of that you get:
- 7 piece - Add sax/trumpet
- 8 piece - Add both sax and trumpet
- 9 piece - Add sax, trumpet and trombone (Recommended - it makes an enormous difference to the sound)
**DELUXE 12 piece line up**
- Four vocalists, three horns, percussionist and rhythm section
Midnight Groove have a repertoire of over 200+ songs. Many of these songs form a standard set;
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Jazzy House Medley - Move Your Feet – Junior Senior // Sing It Back – Moloko // Red Alert – Basement Jaxx // Canned Heat – Jamiroquai // Starlight – Supermen Lovers
- Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Never Too Much– Luther Vandross
- Sweet Dreams - Beyonce
- Independent Woman - Destiny’s Child
- Say My Name – Destiny’s Child
- Caught Up Justin Timberlake
- Like I Love You Justin Timberlake
- Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Motown Medley - I Want You Back – Jackson 5 // Dancing in the Street – Martha and the Vandellas // Ain’t No Mountain – Marvin Gaye/Tami Terrell
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit
- A Little Respect – Erasure
- Johnny B Goode – B.B King
- Jacko Medley - Rock With You – Michael Jackson // The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson // Bad – Michael Jackson
- 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
- Stevie Wonder Medley // Do I Do // Signed Sealed Delivered // I Wish
- I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
- Hip Hop Medley - Ignition – R Kelly // Jump Around – House of Pain // Fresh Prince of Bel Air – Will Smith
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- Boyband vs. Girlband Medley - 5ive – Everybody Get Up // Don’t Let Go – En Vogue // Bye Bye Bye – N Sync // No Scrubs – TLC // Everybody – Backstreet Boys // Wannabe - Spice Girls
- I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston
- Basket Case – Green Day
- Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
- UK Garage Medley - Body Groove // Sambuca // Rewind // Please Don’t Turn Me On // 21 Seconds // Flowers // Sweet Like Chocolate // Do You Really Like It // Gotta Get Thru This
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
As music lovers, we spent longer looking for the wedding band than any other part of our day. Midnight Groove were the obvious choice for us and we booked them almost as soon we saw them! On the day, they lived up to every expectation we put on them. Fantastic lively band, lovely people and us and our guests really didn't want it to end. Worth every penny and absolutely recommended to anyone who wants something exceptional for their big day!
Midnight Groove played at our wedding party and did an incredible job, helping to make it a night to remember. They got everyone on to the dance floor with a great selection of classic and modern songs with something in there for everyone. They are all awesome musicians and great personalities on stage. Everybody was buzzing; a great band. Thank you so much.
Clients include The Natural History Museum, Eventim Apollo, Net-A-Porter Group, Hilton, 100 Wardour St, Savills, Park Plaza Hotel and many more.
Midnight Groove's musicians and singers have performed and worked with artists such as Elton John, Criag David, Alexandra Burke, The Sugababes, Jay Sean, Macy Gray, Kelly Rowland, Spandau Ballet and more.
The singers have performed in West End and UK touring shows such as Motown: The Musical, Miss Saigon, Sister Act, Saturday Night Fever, Cats and Follies.
How big is the band?
We can go out as a 6 - 12 piece band. The core line up is 2 vocalists (male and female), drums, bass, keys and guitar. See the line-up section for breakdowns of each line up.
What do you require from us?
We need floor-space or a stage that is separate from the dancefloor and at the following sizes for typlical line-ups
- 12 Piece – Width 6.5m x Depth 4m
- 9 Piece – Width 6m x Depth 3.5m
- 6 Piece – Width 5m x Depth 3m
What are the power requirements for the band?
We need around 4 x 13Amp Plug sources to be safe!
What do I need to provide in terms of refreshments?
We're with you for a number of hours and in order to deliver a top notch performance, we need to eat! The band requires hot meals and soft drinks. These would usually be served after set up or between the first and second sets.
Can you play outdoors?
Yes, however if the event is outdoors and you require the use of electrical equipment we need cover, even if it doesn't look like it's going to rain!
Will you learn our first dance?
YES! Whatever it may be! We already have a fairly large back catalogue, but if you want something new, we will arrange and learn a first dance free of charge!
Do you take other requests?
Midnight Groove prides itself on flexibility so if you want specific music played at your event, we can collaborate in the run up to it and tailor make your set to best suit your guests. If you want us to learn specific new songs it can absolutely be done just at a very small cost to cover rehearsal times etc.
How do you entertain the guests between sets?
Luckily, three of the band members are also DJs, so if you want vibrant live mixes instead of just music played out of an iPod between, before and after the band's set then this is an option to consider! We can also add a sax and percussion to this set up to create a great live, party vibe.
Can you play music for our ceremony?
Yes, the band can morph easily into a pop trio, or even just a pianist and a singer. You can also get our amazing jazz group or a string group, who also play classical music and all your favourite love songs!
Do you have material for Jewish and Hindu weddings?
Whilst the majority of our set is Western, we have 15 minute medleys of traditional Jewish music and Bollywood music.
How do you pick the set list?
Our set list is always tailored to suit your wishes and our experience at hundreds of events and are tried and tested floor-fillers! This includes a lot of our front-line repertoire that we perform week in week out. You'll see we like to squeeze a lot of tunes in and take you on a little journey through the musical genres, so there's really something for everyone! If you're getting married, we'll learn your first dance for you - whatever it may be! If there are songs/medleys that don't float your boat, check out the set list secton where you'll find some more classic repertoire! We prefer to be different and avoid clichés.
- 2 x 60 minutes
- 3 x 40 minutes
Set times negotiable upon request.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.