Saira - Classical Wedding and Event Singer
UK's leading opera and classical crossover singer for events and weddings.
From the British Fashion Awards after party singing for guests including Penelope Cruz and The Beckhams to Blenheim Palace singing for The Duke of Marlborough, Saira wows the audience with her amazing voice, experience, versatility and professionalism. Her opera experience has taken her from the Sydney Opera House stage with Opera Australia to London theatres with OperaUpClose and she constantly leaves her guests spellbound with her angelic, crystalline voice and gorgeous stage presence.
By booking Saira you are booking one of the most popular and sought after classical singers in the UK.
Saira - Classical Wedding and Event Singer
Saira completed a Masters in Opera at the prestigious Sydney Conservatorium of Music, where she received High Distinctions and has since performed on many stages and venues around the world. She has performed in operas on the iconic Sydney Opera House stage, toured with award winning London company, OperaUpClose, performed across the UK in the 'Magical Mozart by Candlelight' performances, has sung in the Great Hall at the Natural History Museum and performed Christmas Carols in front of thousands at the Melbourne Carols by Candlelight. She has also entertained A list celebrities at the British Fashion Awards after party, performed for the Duke of Marlborough and guests at Blenheim Palace and has sung at many iconic venues in London including Banqueting House, HM Treasury, Kew Gardens and Kenwood House.
As a wedding singer, Saira regularly sings for excited couples and the venues and styles of weddings continually grows. From intimate stylish civil ceremonies in converted barns singing with string quartets, to beautiful religious ceremonies in churches performing with the organist as well as large lavish socialite weddings singing with instrumental backing tracks. With her beautiful voice and gorgeous looks, she is a regularly requested performer and will ensure that her performance will add to the magic of your special day.
Saira loves to work with her clients from the initial stages of selecting the perfect songs for the ceremony right up until the big day where she provides a beautiful and memorable performance. Whether the location is a small manor house or a large Cathedral, Saira's classically trained voice easily fills the space. She can perform unaccompanied, with instrumental accompaniment tracks or can provide a string quartet. Normally couples request her to sing during the entrance of the bride, the signing of the registry and sometimes in place of a reading however she will work with each couple and their vision of the ceremony.
Saira also offers a package which includes singing during the ceremony and then afterwards during the wedding drinks as a background singer whilst your guests enjoy a drink and a chat. During the background singing set, Saira will perform ballads, jazz, musical theatre and classical crossover pieces.
Couples will also receive a framed copy of their favourite song performed during the wedding, complete with their names, wedding date and original artwork by Ashton Springer.
An example of the framed gift is included in the photos section.
- Solo performance with instrumental backing tracks
- Solo performance with string quartet
- Solo performance with pianist
- Duet with 2 sopranos or 1 soprano and 1 tenor
- Quartet of singers with soprano, tenor, mezzo and baritone
Popular choices are included below and Saira is constantly learning new pieces and is more than happy to learn your favourite song.
Popular Wedding Pieces
- Ave Maria - Schubert
- Ave Maria - Bach/Gounod
- Panis Angelicus
- Pie Jesu from Requiem
- Laschia ch’io pianga - Handel
- Love me sweet - Carl Vine
- Ombra mai fu - Handel
- In Trutina - Carl Orff
- V’adoro pupille - Handel
- Let the bright seraphim - Handel
- Bist du bei mir - Handel
- Ave Maria - Mascagni
- The Lord bless you and keep you
- Amazing Grace
- All love can be
- Ave Verum - Mozart
- Laudate Dominum - Mozart
- Se - Ennio Morricone
- Nella Fantasia - Ennio Morricone
Popular Operatic Arias
- Oh mio babbino caro - Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi
- Un bel di vedremo - Puccini’s Madame Butterfly
- Der Hölle Rache - Mozart's The Magic Flute
- Habanera - Bizet’s Carmen
- Quando m’en vo - Puccini’s La Boheme
- Libiamo me lieti calici - The Brindisi from Verdi’s La Traviata
- Donde Lieta - Puccini’s La Boheme
- The Laughing Song - Strauss’ Die Fledermaus
- Signore Ascolta - Puccini’s Turandot
- Caro Nome - Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Bell Song - Delibes’ Lakme
- Poor Wandering One - Gilbert and Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance
- The sun whose rays are all ablaze - Gilbert and Sullivan’s Mikado
Popular Contemporary, Musical Theatre and Jazz Pieces
- A Million Dreams - The Greatest Showman
- Never Enough - The Greatest Showman
- Summertime - Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess
- Can’t help lovin’ dat man - Hammerstein’s Show Boat
- They can’t take that away from me - Gershwin
- It had to be you - Walter Donaldson
- The way you look tonight - Jerome Kern
- I’ve got you under my skin – Cole Porter
- One hand one heart - Bernstein’s Westside story
- Somewhere - Bernstein’s Westside story
- All I ask of you - Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera
- I dreamed a dream - Lloyd Webber’s Les Miserables
- Wishing you were somehow here again - Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera
- Think of me - Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera
- The Prayer - Forster
- Time to Say Goodbye - Sartori
- Birdsong - Eva Cassidy
Saira sang beautifully and is a very talented and professional performer. The guests thoroughly enjoyed her performance and her music created a lovely, elegant ambience. She is very conscientious and does everything she can to assist and make the event as special as possible. I would definitely recommend her.
Saira is the most incredible performer - her voice is absolutely spectacular and utterly mesmerising. Her performance at our wedding was absolutely magical and it made the service incredibly special. Saira performed two songs, including one special piece which she learned specially for us. Saira was delightful to liaise with and very responsive to communications. Our guests couldn't stop talking about Saira's performances for the rest of the day! Thank you again Saira for such a special and magical performance!
Well what can I say about Saira, thank you so much for singing at our wedding ceremony, everyone commented on what a beautiful and fantastic voice you have. It really made our ceremony that extra bit special listening to your wonderful voice, you blew everyone away and I was choked throughout it all aswell as everyone else. I would 100% recommend Saira to sing for a special occasion. Thank you so much!! Clariss and Ben xxx
Saira sang at my wedding on Saturday; she was simply amazing! What a professional service she provided; I received untold comments from my guests about her beautiful performance. Saira and her immaculate pianist Emily helped to make the day unforgettable.
Saira is both an amazing opera singer and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our concert audience was captivated by her performance from start to finish. We enjoyed some lovely audience feedback, both on the night and at recent concerts we have arranged. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Saira. She is absolutely fabulous. Thank you Saira.
Delightful lady with a beautiful voice and, importantly, versatile to meet our needs.
Alex and I just wanted to say a massive thank you for your wonderful performances in the ceremony and drinks reception on Sunday; it really was the highlight of our day. So many of our guests commented on how incredible your voice is! My only regret of the day was that I was not able to enjoy more of it as I was so tied up with the photos. I hope that we will have the opportunity to book you again for future functions and we will not hesitate to recommend you to our friends and family. With all our thanks and best wishes.
Amazing! Thank you so much for singing at our wedding.
Warble dealt with my enquiries and questions promptly and effectively and the booking process was very straight forward. Saira was both friendly and professional. She has an absolutely incredible voice and her performance surpassed all expectations. My only regret was that I did not catch more of it! Definitely the highlight of our day and we hope to book her again for future functions. Would not hesitate to recommend her.
Wedding Venues such as:
- West Wycombe Park and Estate, Buckinghamshire
- Kew Gardens, Royal Botanical Gardens, Surrey
- Worlingham Hall, Sussex
- Cain Manor, Hampshire
- Witney, Oxfordshire
- St Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney
- Sydney Opera House Forecourt, Sydney
Corporate Events and Concerts at venues such as:
- The Natural History Museum
- Blenheim Palace
- Banqueting House
- Grosvenor House Ballroom
- British Fashion Awards
- Kenwood House
- HM Treasury
- Kew Gardens
- Cutty Sark
- Royal Arcade
- Restaurant Gordan Ramsay, Chelsea
- Worlingham Hall
- Michael Roux’s Waterside Inn
- Windsor Castle Hotel
- Crown Casino Palladium Ballroom
- Natural Forge Classical Music Venue, London
- Gordon Craig Theatre, London
- Parliament House, Canberra
- Luna Park, Sydney
- Palladium Ballroom, Melbourne
- Grand Hyatt, Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
Opera Performances at Theatres such as:
- Carnegie Hall, Scotland
- Alcola Theatre, OperaUpClose, London
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- Belvoir Street Theatre, Sydney
- The Playhouse, Perth
- The Atheneum Theatre, Melbourne
- The Melbourne Arts Centre, Melbourne
- The Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
- Her Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne
What is included in the service?
- An extensive repertoire list for you to select pieces from and unlimited consultation to ensure you have selected the perfect songs for your ceremony
- A choice of classical, contemporary, jazz and musical theatre pieces ideal for both church and civil weddings. Saira is also happy to perform requested pieces
- Saira can provide speakers and sound system if you would like her to perform with instrumental backing tracks
- If required, she can organise other musicians and will liaise with them directly
- On the day, Saira liaises with venue contacts and other musicians to ensure the music during the ceremony is carried out seamlessly
- Selected songs performed beautifully
- Couples will receive a framed copy of their favourite song performed during the wedding, complete with their names, wedding date and original artwork by Ashton Springer. An example is included in the photos section
What are the performance options?
Saira is able to perform during the ceremony or as a featured performer during cocktails or at the reception. She also offers a background set for the drinks reception where she sings classical crossover, musical theatre, jazz and ballads whilst guests are enjoying a drink and a chat with each other. This is a great cost effective way of utilising Saira's voice for your wedding.
During what part of the ceremony does Saira usually perform?
For civil ceremonies Saira normally perform about 3 songs and these could be as the bride walks down the aisle, instead of a reading, during the signing of the registry and/or during the processional. This is entirely up to you and how you want the ceremony to be structured. For Catholic ceremonies, options include during the Liturgy of the Word (Gospel Acclamation), signing of the Marriage licence, Liturgy of the Eucharist and/or the Concluding Rite.
Does Saira perform during the drinks reception?
Yes she does. Many guests request Saira to sing during the ceremony as a soloist and also afterwards as a background singer during the drinks reception. She provides all the equipment needed including PA system, background tracks and microphone.
What if I am not sure which songs I want?
Saira loves to work with clients to find out the types of songs they like and to suggest pieces. Her repertoire list includes examples of all the songs so you can easily listen to each piece.
What style of music to do you offer?
Opera arias such as 'Oh mio babbino caro', classical church pieces such as 'Ave Maria' and 'Panis Angelicus', contemporary songs such as 'Songbird', jazz pieces such as 'It had to be you' and musical theatre such as 'A million dreams'. With her classical training Saira can easily sing different styles of music.
What are the accompaniment options?
- Unaccompanied: This can create a powerful effect in a Church
- With instrumental accompaniment tracks: Saira can provide an extensive range of high quality instrumental backing tracks and speakers, which is a simple, professional and cost effective option.
- String quartets: Saira has a number of string quartets that she can suggest. As well as providing accompaniment, the string quartet can play as guests arrive or after the ceremony. If you have already organised a quartet, Saira is happy to perform with them and will require a short rehearsal on the day to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Does Saira travel?
Given she is originally from Australia, Saira is used to travelling and more than happy to travel to your wedding. Travel fees apply for weddings located out of Greater London.
Does Saira need any amplification equipment on the day?
As a professional opera singer, Saira can easily project her voice in the wedding ceremony venue and therefore does not need any amplification equipment. For large corporate events or concerts she supplies a cordless handheld microphone and PA system. Saira also uses a microphone for background sets to ensure the balance of voice and backing tracks are right for the group and venue size.
How much time does Saira need to prepare for an event?
As long as the songs selected are from her repertoire list, Saira is able to perform with a lead time of a couple of days.
What does Saira wear on the day?
From the range of performances Saira has done over the years, she has a large selection of dresses in varying colours, lengths and styles and is more than happy to coordinate her outfit with the colour themes on the day.
- Wedding Ceremonies: Duration of the ceremony
- Feature Performance: 1 x 30 minute or 2 x 20 minute performance
- Background Singing Performance: 1 x 60 minute performance
- Also happy to work with clients depending on their event requirements
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.