Swingin' Jukebox are a sensational vintage 'postmodern' band straight outta Liverpool. Formed from an array of musical supremo 20-somethings, the majority of the band are graduates of the world renowned Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts. Members of the band have performed & toured with artists such as China Crisis, Frances, Secret Affair and Natalie McCool - performing in theatres, arenas and festivals across Europe and the world.
The band are bang-on-the-money, hugely entertaining way to kick-start any wedding breakfast, evening do, festival or corporate event.
Swingin' Jukebox are a hugely exciting swing/jazz crossover band, based in Lancashire but covering all areas of the North West and beyond, including Manchester, Merseyside and Yorkshire. Inspired by the hugely popular Postmodern Jukebox, this group of musicians are of the highest order, featuring graduates from world-renowned Liverpool Institute For Performing Arts and the Royal Welsh College Of Music. The band features Nicholas James Gunn, the NODA-winning front-man, who is also able to host your wedding day.
Swingin' Jukebox are a perfect tonic at almost any part of the wedding day – from a spectacular drinks reception, to the wedding breakfast and the evening do. The band are also perfect for a corporate event with a difference, and even festivals or other public events. The band are available in 5, 6 or 7 piece line-ups.
Swingin' Jukebox are available in three sensational line-ups:
- 7-piece: (drums, double bass, sax, trumpet, piano, female vocalist, male vocalist)
- 6-piece: (drums, double bass, sax, trumpet, piano, female vocalist)
- 5-piece: (drums, double bass, sax, piano, female vocalist)
- Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
- I Got a Woman - Ray Charles
- Last Request - Paolo Nutini
- All About the Bass - Meghan Trainor
- Stay With Me - Sam Smith
- Ain’t Nobody - Chaka Khan
- Umbrella - Rihanna
- I Believe In Miracles - Hot Chocolate
- Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
- Sweet Child O’ Mine - Guns n’ Roses
- Roxanne - The Police
- No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley
- Africa - Toto
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Crazy in Love - Beyoncé
- Single Ladies - Beyoncé
- Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini
- Shiny Happy People - R.E.M
- Everywhere - Fleetwood mac
- Heroes - David Bowie
- Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
- Hero - Enrique Iglesias
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Beat It - Michael Jackson
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
- One and Only - Adele
- Rehab - Amy Winehouse
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
- Careless Whisper - George Michael
- Shake it Off - Taylor Swift
Rat Pack / Swing
- It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing) - Duke Ellington
- Paper Moon - Ella Fitzgerald
- The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
- It Had To Be You - Frank Sinatra
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin
- Someday my Prince will Come - Miles Davis
- Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
- Mr Bojangles - Sammy Davis Jr
- Lady is a Tramp - Frank Sinatra
- Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
- Cheek to Cheek - Frank Sinatra
- All Blues
- Stolen Moments
- There Will Never Be Another You
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street
- Manha de Carnaval
- Blue Bossa
They were AMAZING!!! I cannot rate this band highly enough. Everyone commented on how fantastic the band were. For us, they weren’t just an amazing band with extremely talented singers and musicians but they listened to us and about what we wanted. For example, we really didn’t want a “first dance” so they started playing and said on the microphone that they wouldn’t start properly until everyone was on the dance floor which was just perfect because it took so much of the pressure off!! They stayed until the bitter end and provided background music for when they finished and during their break. They were so friendly and lovely and I would love to book them for my next wedding! ;) Thank you for making our day.
Fab group. Arrived on time and set up without fuss or intrusion. Provided interval music - but when they played?... Wow! Everyone loved the music, young and old alike. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Boy, can they play. Everyone was on the dance floor. Book this group/band if you want to have fun. Thank you to all of the group... You made my daughters wedding very special.
We LOVE this band – both singers are incredible and got everyone going. It was sheer class and a made a massive impact on our day. Amazing!
Swingin' Jukebox have performed at some of the finest venues across the UK. Their range of clients include SME corporate clients, vintage festivals and a whole host of thoroughly satisfied wedding couples!
When do you guys perform during my wedding day?
The band perform 2x1hr sets as standard - but whereas most bands are suitable for your evening do only, Swingin' Jukebox are unique in they are suited to almost any part of the day. From a super-sophisticated and fun drinks reception to a big party of a wedding breakfast, the band are perfect for an alternative and entertaining daytime. The male lead singer is also an accomplished wedding host, and can work the room while the band plays - it's an incredible entertainment experience like nothing you've ever seen before. It's vintage and it's super cool.
The band are also perfect for your evening do - whether that's starting with ambient set while your evening guests arrive, or whether you'd like both sets from the first dance onwards, Swingin' Jukebox will keep your wedding party entertained all night long.
Can you guys play any extra sets?
Absolutely. The band can perform an additional hour-long cocktail jazz set if you'd like the band to perform their main sets later on. The jazz quartet consists of drums, double bass, saxophone and piano and features all your favourite lounge jazz standards, perfect for setting that sophisticated lively atmosphere to enjoy as you mingle. Swingin' Jukebox can also perform an additional full-band hour-long set for your evening do - if you'd like the band to play the bulk of their set during the daytime.
Can you perform my first dance?
Yes - the band are happy to learn your choice of first dance in the Postmodern style, if you'd like them to. There is no extra cost for this - it's included in your package.
Can you do a DJ set too?
Yes - the band uses professional DJ software & a lighting rig to ensure your night runs as smoothly as possible. You save on cost and space - both of which are at a premium, more often than not!
- 2 x 1hr sets as standard
- Additional full band sets or cocktail jazz set as a 4-piece (drums, double bass, saxophone & piano) available at extra cost
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.