The High Line
If you've been searching for a band with the authentic, undeniable sound of funk and soul - you need The High Line! This hugely impressive male fronted 7 piece delivers a relentlessly amazing performance filled with all of your favourite hits by the likes of Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Curtis Mayfield and Gil Scott-Heron.
The High Line was created as a way for 7 talented musicians to play the music they love - soul and funk. Initially playing in pubs and clubs around Bristol & The South West, this quickly moved to bringing their authentic style to wedding and corporate performances throughout the U.K. and so are a perfect choice for pretty much any occasion!
The High Line
Are you looking for a wedding band with a difference? A band that isn’t run of the mill? A band that plays James Brown and Average White Band and not Valerie and Mustang Sally? If the answer’s yes then you’re in the right place!
These outstanding Bristol based musicians have been performing together for years and their busy schedule includes performing and recording with artists such as Kenny Thomas, Bizarre Inc, This Picture, Monie Love, Realer, Keith Tippet and Subjagger!
They are a skilled and experienced party band for hire and are the perfect choice for your wedding, private party or corporate event!
The High Line want your evening to be full of dancing and fun, so they will arrive at your venue fully self-contained with everything they'll need to perform, leaving you with nothing to worry about other than finding comfortable dancing shoes! The High Line will also play recorded music when they're not playing live to keep your guests funkin' out on the dance floor.
This astounding band is all you need to make for a memorable evening, they can't fail to impress!
- Male Lead Singer
- Guitar (Vocal)
- Keys (Vocal)
- Female Vocal or Male lead Vocal
- Male and Female Lead Vocal
The band can also add a trombone, percussion and dancer.
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Light My Fire – Stevie Wonder
- Let’s Groove – Earth Wind & Fire
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Express Yourself – Charles Wright
- Jungle Boogie – Kool & The Gang
- Papa was a Rolling Stone – The Temptations
- It’s Your Thing – The Isley Brothers
- Move on Up – Curtis Mayfield
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- Le Freak – Chic
- You’re Losing Me – Ann Sexton
- Brick House – Commodores
- Good Times – CHIC
- Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- 7 Nation Army – Ben L’Oncle Soul
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Forget You – Cee Lo Green
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Super Duper Love – Josh Stone
- Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
Funk & Soul
- Fire on the Bayou – The Meters
- Shakey Ground – Etta James
- Just Kissed My Baby – The Meters
- Diggin on James Brown – Tower of Power
- Clean Up Woman – Betty Wright
- Right Place Wrong Time – Dr. John
- What is Hip – Tower of Power
- Fire – Ohio Players
- Pick up The Pieces – Average White Band
- Get Up I Feel Like Being a Sex Machine – James Brown
- Do it Like you Do – Lettuce
- Cold Sweat – James Brown
- Bold Soul Sister, Bold Soul Brother – Black on White Affair
- Get Up Offa That Thing – James Brown
- This Land is Your Land – Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- Hercules – Aaron Neville
- Use Me – Bill Withers
- Lady Day and John Coltrane – Gil Scott-Heron
- I Can’t Stand the Rain – Ann Peebles
- Soul Man – Sam and Dave
The organisation was great and the band were awesome. Very professional.
Thanks for a fantastic night. You made my birthday celebration exactly what I was hoping for - which was a great night of dancing. I think you would be surprised at the amount of comments I have had regarding your performance. Over 30 texts saying 'brilliant band' etc. Thanks so much!
I would definitely book them again, a well honed set of old songs mixed with new kept the crowd pleased. They made our day!
- The Marriot Bristol
- The University of South Wales
- Hilton (Double Tree)
- River Station
- Rockley Manor
How far will you travel?
The High Line are based in Bristol and will travel anywhere in the UK for your event.
What sort of events do you play at?
We are available for weddings, anniversary and birthday parties, private events and corporate functions. We are also available for public performances in and around the Bristol and South West including clubs, hotels and holiday parks.
Do you provide music in-between your sets?
Yes, we do. We use a laptop which plays through our PA system. It has over 3 hours of classic Soul and Funk tunes carefully selected to make sure that when we’re not playing – you’re still dancing. If you have your own set list you’d like to use let us know.
Can we use your PA system for speeches or music?
As long as it is after our sound check then the PA can be used for speeches and music as required.
How loud do you play?
As loudly or as quietly as you like! Band members are used to working at various sized venues and for varying amounts of people, so will adjust the volume as necessary.
How long do you need to set up?
Usually it takes about one hour to setup – especially if we can park easily near the entrance. Depending on where the function is we may be able to set up and sound check earlier – helping to make your event seamless. We can discuss this further at the booking stage.
What time do you finish?
That’s up to you, our standard time would be midnight but we can pretty much start and finish when you want. Please ask for further details.
How long do you play for?
This depends on your requirements and budget. Typically an event would consist of 2 x 60 minute sets or 3 x 40 minute sets with music in-between. Some customers prefer more or less than this, depending on if they have any other entertainment booked for the evening, and what time the venue closes.
- 2 x 60 Minute sets
- 3 x 40 Minute sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.