The Nutmegs are a fun and lively 5 piece festival band from Manchester.
They have previously toured Europe with bands such as Simply Red and have played at festivals and events all over the world. The Nutmegs play a mixture of music, including modern folk and pop, classic songs from 60s - 90s and also music dating back to the origins of country music from Nashville in the 1950s. They play with all acoustic instruments and will get the crowd stompin' and dancin' throughout the night!
The Nutmegs are an in demand, fun and lively, 5 piece acoustic act, ideal for a rustic festival feel. All 5 members play instruments and front singers Paul and Helen (who are a married couple) choose songs from all genres to give the 'Nutmegs treatment' to. From Vampire Weekend to Destiny's Child, Fleetwood Mac to Johnny Cash, The Nutmegs have a song to get everyone on the dance floor.
With a stripped back folk set up, The Nutmegs fit perfectly into your event tipee/castle/back garden, and can offer a completely acoustic set if your event was in a field or up a mountain! They are equally comfortable playing at a corporate event and have an impressive previous client list including the likes of Volkswagon, Mercedes, Mercure Hotel chain, AJ Bell, Hilton, etc
If you’re looking for a fun, quirky band that will be remembered and enjoyed by your guests then look no further than The Nutmegs.
The Nutmegs provide as standard:
- Professional PA, PAT tested equipment, and Public Liability Insurance
- A song request learnt (first dance/birthday)
- Lighting for the band
Standard Line Up
- Full quintet: Female vocals/accordion, male vocals/guitar, double bass, piano, drums/backing vocals
Optional Line Up's
- Quartet: Female vocals/piano, male vocals/guitar, double bass, drums/backing vocals
- Trio: Female vocals/piano, male vocals/guitar/bass drum, double bass
- Trio: Female vocals/piano, male vocals/guitar/bass drum, pedal steel country guitar
- Duo: Female vocals/piano, male vocals/guitar/bass drum
90s - Present Day
- A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
- American Boy - Estelle
- Back Streets Back - Back Street Boys
- Blame It On Me - George Ezra
- Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
- Budapest - George Ezra
- Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
- Disco 2000 - Pulp
- Dreaming Of You - The Coral
- Dreamer - Livin’ Joy
- Finally - CC Peniston
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
- Home - The Magnetic Zeros
- I Need A Dollar - Aloe Blacc
- Independent Women - Destiny’s Child
- Mama Do - Pixie Lott
- No Scrubs - TLC
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Say You’ll Be There - Spice Girls
- Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
- The Next Episode - Dr DRE
- The You And Me Song - The Wannadies
- Valerie - The Zutons/Amy Winehouse
- You Know I’m No Good - Amy Winehouse
- Africa - Toto
- Baggy Trousers - Madness
- Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
- Boys Don’t Cry - The Cure
- Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Crocodile Rock - Elton John
- Don’t Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
- Express Yourself - Charles Wright And The 5th Avenue Band
- Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
- Faith - George Michael
- Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
- Grease - Frankie Valli
- I Feel Love - Donna Summer
- I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
- Let’s Dance - David Bowie
- Maggie May - Rod Stewart
- Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
- Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
- Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics
- Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
- Take On Me - Ah-Ha
- The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzie
- Town Called Malice - The Jam
- Woo Hoo - The 22.214.171.124s (Kill Bill)
- You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon
- You Got It - Roy Orbison
- You Got The Love - Candi Statton
60's Pop and Soul
- Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Be My Baby - The Ronettes
- California Soul - Marlena Shaw
- Cecelia - Simon And Garfunkel
- Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood - The Animals
- Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
- Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
- Heatwave - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
- I Get Around - The Beach Boys
- I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfield
- I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
- It Ain’t Me Babe - Bob Dylan
- Jumping Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
- Little Green Bag - The George Baker Selection (Reservoir Dogs OST)
- Money (That’s What I Want) - Barrett Strong
- Mr Blue Sky - ELO
- My Boy Lollipop - Millie Small
- Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks
- The Letter - The Box Tops
- There’s Always Something There To Remind Me - Sandie Shaw
- Time Of The Season - The Zombies
- Venus - Shocking Blue
- We Gotta Get Outta This Place - The Animals
50s Rock n Roll and Country
- At The Hop - Danny And The Juniors
- Be Bop A Lula - Gene Vincent
- Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis Presley
- Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
- Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
- Hello Mary Lou - Ricky Nelson
- Hippy Hippy Shake - The Swinging Blue Jeans
- I Got A Woman - Ray Charles
- I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash and June Carter
- Jackson - Johnny Cash and June Carter
- Johnny Be Goode - Chuck Berry
- Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg
- Miserlou - Dick Dale
- Mrs Robinson - Simon and Garfunkel
- Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
- Return To Sender - Elvis Presley
- Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley And The Comets
- Runaway - Del Shannon
- Shakin’ All Over - Johnny Kid And The Pirates
- That’s Alright Mama - Elvis Presley
- That’ll Be The Day - Buddy Holly
- Twistin’ The Night Away - Sam Cooke
- Yakety Yak - The Coasters
- You Never Can Tell - Chuck Berry
- Wake Up Little Suzie - The Everly Brothers
- You Never Can Tell - Chuck Berry
The Nutmegs really made my birthday, we had a fantastic evening, 10 out of 10. Everything you did for me, including organisation etc was very professional. Thank You.
What a great band! Paul worked with us really well in the build up to understand how we'd like the evening to be and on the evening the band were really great, super music and got everybody going. They were also really great with the young groupies they attracted (we had a lot of children at our wedding). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Thanks!
This band sound amazing! Beautiful acoustic vocals, the balance of a male and female voice worked so well. They sent us their song list before the wedding and we liked it all. They do a great mix of classic and modern songs through the eras to suit everyone. We also asked them to learn some specific songs for us to make an entrance to which they did with no questions and they did them perfectly. We also asked them to move to a different location for the last set which they did so smoothly and we didn’t even notice them moving and re-setting up. They were the perfect addition to our wedding, all our guests loved the music and many guests complimented them!
Band were amazing! - couldnt fault them at all!
Our guests loved the band and they kept everyone dancing the night away - even those that wouldn't usually dance!
Everyone loved The Nutmegs! All our guests commented how great they were. Playing during our ceremony and drinks reception their sound and music played appealed to all generations which is why we picked them. In the run up, communication with Paul from The Nutmegs was excellent. On the day they turned up on time and acted impeccably. Not only are all three of them fantastically talented musicians in their own right, they are lovely, happy, friendly people who felt like guests. Just brilliant. Rated and recommended. Thank You!
Great music, always goes down well with our exhibitors. Very pleasant musicians to work with and always very punctual.
We booked the Nutmegs for my husbands surprise 50th birthday. I supplied them with a few of the bands/singers he liked and left the rest to the band. I opted for the 4 piece line up as the band are flexible in their size and charge accordingly. There was the drummer, lead guitarist, double bass and keyboards. All the band helped in the vocals which gave them a great range in the songs performed. The band played two sets of an eclectic mix of music tailored around my husbands tastes, adding similar themed tracks to the set. In terms of performance the band are faultless, perfectly executed songs delivered with the bands unique "cool, hipster" vibe. The band were discrete yet ever present, volume pitched at the right level, no need to shout over them. My husband and his friends were so pleased with the band and the set as it merged Johnny Cash into the Smiths and back to The Beatles with ease. From the 60s to present day they made the covers their own. This is not a typical "wedding band" and almost every person asked where did the band come from, thinking we somehow knew them as they were a cut above any of the typical bands you would get at this price or for this type of event. The band ran out of cards to give out. Not booking this band might just be the biggest mistake you will have never made... if that makes sense. Thanks again to the band for making a special night extra memorable. 10/10.
Really great - went down well.
Really enjoyed The Nutmegs, they went down very well with our exhibitors, visitors and the Organising team. They were just the right level of music around people who were talking and networking.
We booked The Nutmegs after hours and hours of research for the perfect band for our wedding and if we were to do it over again would not hesitate to make that same decision. We had a small wedding of just under 60 guests of all different ages and were after something that everybody would enjoy so it would be a night to remember. That was exactly what we got. One of my fondest memories will be dancing with my dad until the early hours, and he never dances! The kids were also pirouetting around the guests until it was way past bedtime! The band knew exactly what to play and everybody said how great the band was. Organised, on time, great set up, great feel and just really nice relaxed guys. Thank you so much for being such a big part of making our day even more memorable!
The Nutmegs were a fabulous choice for our Gala Dinner. They were professional, arriving well before time to ensure a seamless set up and most importantly played two brilliant sets, clearly taking into account our brief for the night and creating a relaxed and fun atmosphere. I would recommend them without hesitation!
- TD Tom Davies designer
- Home House member club London
- The Hilton
- Harvey Nichols
- Manchester Trafford Centre
- Old Trafford/Manchester United
- Ferrari Classi
- Northenden and Lymm Golf Clubs
- Wigan, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Marsden Jazz festivals
- Matt and Phred’s Jazz bar, Manchester
- Ikon Cafe Bar, Manchester
- Birmingham International Airport
- Merry Hill Hilton Hotel
- A and B marketing solutions, London
- The Sycamore Inn
- Birmingham NEC
Do you provide a PA?
We have our own PA and are PAT tested and have Public Liability Insurance.
What about lighting?
We have our own lighting rig that fits with the image of the band (not a flashing disco ball in sight).
Can you provide music outside of your performance?
We can put music through our PA system so a DJ may not always be necessary. The music we put on between songs fits in with the theme of the band and is run through DJ software so there are no gaps between songs. We can also change songs on demand and react to the audience with various playlists.
Do you take requests?
We can learn songs on demand and turn them into our acoustic style.
What is your standard line-up?
Fees indicated here are based on the full 5 piece line-up. For a smaller daytime act, please look at The Nutmegs duo profile page.
- 2 x 60 minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.