The Rays do not need much introduction. Playing classic hits from the 60's to present day they are a guaranteed floor filling band! The band are both energetic, professional and perfect for both weddings, birthdays and corporate events.
The Rays are a very experienced and well honed band who perform classics ranging from Stevie Wonder, Wild Cherry to The Killers and Kings of Leon. Front man, Henry, leads the band's musical performance with huge stage presence that always get people up and dancing. The band has experience from playing all over the world as well as one or two members previously being signed in America.
Being only a 3 piece means that the band can also setup quicker and take up a lot less room. The bands best rates are also in the south of the UK.
The bands' standard service includes all the essentials you'll need for a fantastic party:
- Arrive from 6pm, set up by 7.30pm
- Play a first dance or special song from the band's repertoire
- DJ a first dance if client would prefer to have original song
- Perform two sixty minute sets of live party music, finishing by midnight
- Background music before, between and after our live sets up until midnight
- Very high quality PA & lighting provided, suitable for audiences of up to 300 people
- Optional - Electric drums (incase of sound limiter restrictions)
- Guitar and Lead Vocals
- Bass and backing vocals
- TWIST AND SHOUT – The Beatles
- JOHNNY B GOODE – Chuck Berry
- SATISFACTION – Rolling Stones
- BROWN EYED GIRL – Van Morrison
- HARD TO HANDLE – Otis Redding
- GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES – Led Zeppelin
- IMMIGRANT SONG – Led Zeppelin
- ROADHOUSE BLUES – The Doors
- STAY WITH ME – Rod Stewart & The Faces
- SUPERSTITION – Stevie Wonder
- LA GRANGE – ZZ Top
- WALK THIS WAY - Aerosmith
- PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC – Wild Cherry
- LONG TRAIN RUNNING – Doobie Brothers
- SWEET HOME ALABAMA – Lynard Skynard
- ROCKIN ALL OVER THE WORLD – Status Quo
- 20th CENTURY BOY – T Rex
- USE ME – Bill Withers
- ALL RIGHT NOW - Free
- SHOULD I STAY OR GO – The Clash
- BACK IN BLACK – AC/DC
- SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT - AC/DC
- GOOD TIMES/RAPPERS DELIGHT – Chic/Sugarhill
- ALL NIGHT LONG – Lionel Ritchie
- SUMMER OF 69 – Bryan Adams
- DEAD OR ALIVE – Bon Jovi
- HOT FOR TEACHER – Van Halen
- SWEET CHILD O MINE – Guns & Roses
- LIVIN ON A PRAYER – Bon Jovi
- BAGGY TROUSERS - Madness
1990’s to current
- ARE YOU GONNA GO MY WAY – Lenny Kravitz
- SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT/BILLY JEAN – Nirvana/MJ
- PLACE YOUR HANDS/BLACK OR WHITE – Reef/MJ
- MR. BRIGHTSIDE – The Killers
- ALL MY LIFE – Foo Fighters
- HUMP DE BUMP – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- BY THE WAY – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- VALERIE – Winehouse/Ronson/Zutons/Reggae
- SEX ON FIRE – Kings of Leon
- ARE YOU GONNA B MY GIRL – Jet
- UPTOWN FUNK – Mark Ronson
- HAPPY – Pharrell
- GET LUCKY – Daft Punk
- CHELSEA DAGGER – The Fratellis
- LITTLE RESPECT - Wheatus
Thank you for such a great party. You guys made it so easy to organise and we felt completely at ease. Thanks!
- Bath Childrens Hospice
- Plus many more events throughout the UK
Can I pick the bands playlist?
We are more than happy for you to pick which songs from our repertoire are played, but we do prefer if we are left to decide the order in which they are played. It is usually best if you let us know any songs you definitely DO or DON’T want rather than a ordered play list. We need to have the freedom to cater for all your guests and may need deviate to involve all of your guests.
Where will you travel to?
We are a bristol party band but we do travel UK wide and even internationally.
Will you learn our special song?
We are more than happy to learn a first dance or a special song for your event. The band will always be happy to do this as long as they feel they can do the song justice for your event. In cases where the band cannot do the song, we will happily play it through the PA system for you.
Is the video on your website a true reflection of the band?
When recording our promotional videos we do everything live and unedited so as to give you a true representation of the sound and feel of the band. As you will be able to see from the bands pictures, the band always gets the crowd up and dancing.
Are you able to DJ in between sets?
Yes. We are more than happy to DJ between the sets. If you do not choose the DJ option but wish to have your own playlist being played then we are happy to plug in your laptop / iPod / iPad into our PA. This gives you the ultimate control on the music that is played during the breaks.
Can we make DJ requests in advance to my event?
Yes – if you have the DJ option then requests are more than welcome. If you require the bespoke playlist option then we are more than happy to organise your specific playlist on our dj system so that you can the exact songs played at your event.
Can we use your sound system for speeches?
You are welcome to use our PA system for your speeches. However, we don’t use radio mics in our live setup so, should you need them, and you will have to hire them in advance.
Do you have lights?
We have 2 par bar lighting bars that we use to light both the band and the stage
How long do you play for?
We usually suggest 3 options. 2 x 45 minute sets, 2 x 60 minute sets or 1 x 45 minute set and then a 1 x 1.15 hour set.
What time do you start and finish?
We usually start our first set at around 8.30pm, and play our second set in the final hour of the evening, but again we are totally flexible with this. Arrival and finish times are 5pm and midnight as standard with early arrival and late finish fees applicable outside of these timings.
How long do you take to set up?
Assuming access to the venue is straight forward (i.e. ground floor room with no steps and vehicle access close to the venue), once all the equipment is loaded in we can normally be set up and sound checked in an hour.
Can I provisionally book you?
Unfortunately not. Due to demand, it is required that you book quickly in order to secure the band for your event. The band is extremely busy and therefore get booked quite quickly.
- 2 x 45 Minutes
- 2 x 60 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.