The Soul Rebels
***Special offer! Free professional DJ between live band sets, including DJ booth and disco lighting. For all events confirmed within 10 days of enquiring!***
If you're looking for the ultimate Funk, Soul band for your corporate event, wedding or private party then look no further.
The Soul Rebels bring Funk, Soul & Disco back to 21st Century - with all of the glam and none of the cheese... And only the best grooves to guarantee a packed dancefloor all night long!
Fronted by some of London's finest vocalists, and backed up by a super tight rhythm section plus live horn section and percussion, The Soul Rebels are guaranteed to knock your socks off!
Expect to hear your favourite Funk, Soul, Motown and Disco classics by Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Chic, Earth Wind & Fire, Chaka Khan, Prince and Michael Jackson. Not only that, but The Soul Rebels bring you bang up to date with more recent hits inspired by these old school legends, with Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Pharell Williams and many more!
All of this is presented to you in the unique Soul Rebel style with glitz, glam, flair and energy - for a spectacular night that you and your guests will never forget!
The Soul Rebels
The Soul Rebels are one of the UK's top funk and soul party bands and have dozens of glowing reviews, having performed at hundreds private parties, corporate events and weddings around the UK and also in Europe.
The Soul Rebels have performed at many renowned venues including Blenheim Palace, Emirates Stadium, Madame Tussauds, The London Science Museum, Bush Hall, The Savoy, The Ritz, The Hilton, as well as 100's of wedding venues across the country.
The smallest line up is the 5pc consisting of female vocal, guitar, bass, drums and keyboards - this is the perfect line up for smaller venues and events which are unable to host our bigger line ups. Our female vocalists are some of the best London in the business, and know exactly how to get your guests off their seats and onto the dancefloor!
To truly experience what the band can offer - we recommend a minimum of the 7pc band which is the same as the 5pc plus male vocal and saxophone. Our male vocalist oozes soul and your guests are sure to love him! Having a male and female duo front the band creates a wonderful dynamic on stage, and as a team they are able to work the crowd much better. Our saxophone player is one of the best in the business, and when it's time for him to shine be prepared to see your guests jaws drop as he plays the most captivating melodies. If you're lucky he may even leave the stage and join you and your guests in the middle of the dancedloor!
If funk is your thing we highly recommend adding a trumpet. There is nothing quite like the sound of a full brass section for that fat, funk sound. and having 2 horns working in combination allows the band to play more of the brass heavy songs such by the likes of James Brown and Stevie Wonder
For a more tropical edge, why not add some percussion? Bongos and congas are a staple of disco and house music, but percussion is rarely seen on stage these days. So having a live bongo/ conga player is sure to please your guests, and this gives the band a more authentic disco sound and flavour.
For those looking for the ultimate line up, the band can complete their line up with an additional female vocalist. Having 3 vocalists allows the band to create luscious vocal harmonies, aswell as perform choreography on stage and really work the dancefloor!
Included within the price is a top quality sound system suitable for upto 200 people and stage lighting. The Soul Rebels can also cater for much larger events - prices available on request.
The band can provide party music or background music via laptop or mp3 to play during sets, or if you would prefer to create your own playlist the band can provide a connection for you to connect your device to their sound system.
The band is closely affiliated to a sound & lighting hire company, so they are able to provide a wide range of optional extras such as wireless microphone for speeches, CD decks & turntables if you are hiring a DJ, starcloth backdrop and coloured uplighting around the room - all at preferential rates for customers who book The Soul Rebels.
Whether you are looking for the ultimate Funk, Soul wedding band or entertainment for your private party or corporate event, you are guaranteed a spectacular performance that you and your guests will never forget.
- Female vocal, guitar, bass, drums and keyboards
- Male & female vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and saxophone
- Male & female vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, saxophone and trumpet
- Male & female vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, saxophone, trumpet and percussion
- 2 x female vocals and 1 x male vocal, guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, saxophone, trumpet and percussion
Acoustic Lounge Sets
- Various combinations of instruments available (eg. Piano and Vocal, or Guitar and Vocal)
Funk, Soul and 80's Groove
- And The Beat Goes On – The Whispers (requires male vocal)
- Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
- All This Love That I’m Giving – Gwen Mcrae
- Brick House – Commodores
- Forget Me Nots – Patrice Rushen
- Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
- Get Down Saturday Night - Oliver Cheatham
- Get Up Offa That Thing – James Brown
- Gimme The Night - George Benson
- Going Back To My Roots - Oddyssey
- Got to Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
- I Found Lovin – The Fatback Band
- Jammin - Bob Marley
- Jungle Boogie – Kool & The Gang (requires trumpet + male vocal)
- Keep The Fire Burning - Gewn McCrae
- Kiss – Prince
- Ladies Night - Kool & The Gang
- Outstanding - The Gap Band
- Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag – James Brown (requires trumpet + male vocal)
- Pick Up The Pieces – Average White Band (requires trumpet)
- Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
- PYT – Michael Jackson
- Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
- Rock With You – Michael Jackson
- Somebody Elses Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Teardrops – Womack & Womack
- Thinking Of You – Chic
Classic Soul and Motown
- ABC - Jackson 5
- Ain’t No Mountain – Marvin Gaye
- Best Of My Love – The Emotions
- Dancing In The Street – Martha and The Vandellas
- Gimme Some Lovin – Blues Brothers/Spencer Davis Group
- Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Higher Ground – Stevie Wonder
- Hold On, I’m Coming – Sam and Dave (requires trumpet + male vocal)
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- I Want You Back - Jackson 5
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Long Train Running – The Doobie Brothers
- Love Train – The O’Jays
- Move On Up – Curtis Mayfield (requires trumpet + male vocal)
- Proud Mary – Tina Turner
- Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
- Sex Machine – James Brown
- Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
- Shake Your Tail Feather - Blues Brothers
- Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Soul Man – Sam and Dave/Blues Brothers (requires trumpet)
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- You Can Leave Your Hat On – Tom Jones (requires male vocal)
- You Sexy Thing – Hot Chocolate (requires male vocal)
- Ain’t No Stopping Us – Now McFadden and Whitehead
- Bad Girls – Donna Summer (requires trumpet)
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Blame it On The Boogie – Jackson 5
- Car Wash – Rose Royce
- Celebration – Kool and the Gang
- Disco Inferno – The Tramps/Earth Wind And Fire
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson (requires trumpet, male vocal and percussion)
- Everybody Dance – Chic
- Good Times – Chic
- He’s The Greatest Dancer – Sister Sledge
- I Wanna Be Your Lover – Prince (requires male vocal)
- I Want Your Love – Chic
- I’m Coming out – Diana Ross
- I’m Every Woman – Chaka Khan
- Lady Marmalade – Labelle
- Let’s Groove – Earth, Wind & Fire (requires male vocal)
- Le Freak – Chic
- Lost In Music – Sister Sledge
- September – Earth Wind and Fire
- Shake Your Body Down To The ground – Michael Jackson
- Thriller - Michael Jackson
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- Young Hearts – Candi Staton
- Wanna be Startin’ Somethin’ – Michael Jackson
- Working Day And Night - Michael Jackson
- 1999 – Prince (requires male vocal)
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- Beat It - Michael Jackson
- Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- Careless Whisper - George Michael
- Holiday - Madonna
- Hot, Hot, Hot – Arrow
- How Will I Know – Whitney Houston
- I’ve Had The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes (requires male vocal)
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Purple Rain – Prince (requires male vocal)
- Simply The Best – Tina Turner
- That’s The Way I Like It – KC and The Sunshine Band (requires trumpet + male vocal)
- Walking On Sunshine – Katrina And The Waves
- What’s Love Got To Do With It – Tina Turner
- American Boy – Estelle
- Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
- Crazy – Gnarles Barkley
- Crazy In Love – Beyonce D
- Finally – Ce Ce Peniston
- Forget You – Ce-Lo Green
- Gotta Get Through This - Daniel Beddingfield
- Hey Ya – Outkast (requires male vocal)
- Lady – Mojo
- Love Foolosophy – Jamiroquai
- Mercy – Duffy/ 3rd Degree
- Misirlou (instrumental) – Dick Dale (requires trumpet)
- Moving Too Fast – Artful Dodger
- No Scrubs – TLC
- Only Girl In The World - Rhianna
- Please Don’t Stop The Music – Rhianna
- Relight My Fire – Take That
- Re Rewind - Craig David
- Return Of The Mack – Mark Morrison (requires male vocal)
- Shackles (Praise You) – Mary Mary
- Show Me Love - Robin S
- Sing It Back – Moloko
- Starlight – Supermen Lovers (requires male vocal)
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Work It Out – Beyonce
- You Got The Love – Candi Staton/Florence and Machine
- Can’t Stop The feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Happy Pharrell – Williams
- Hold My Hand - Jess Glynn
- I Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Love Me Again – John Newman (requires male vocal)
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Rather Be – Jess Glynn
- Sax – Fleur East
- Shotgun - George Ezra
- Shutup and Dance - Walk The Moon
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Wake Me Up - Aloe Blacc/ Avicci
- All I Need To Get By – Aretha Franklin
- All Of Me - John Legend
- At Last – Etta James
- Can't Get My Eyes Off You – Frankie Vallie
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys
- Isn't She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Just The 2 Of Us - Bill Withers
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- Make You Feel My Love - Adele
- Moondance - Van Morrison
- Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- Put Your records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
- Stand By Me - Ben E King
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
- Wishing On A Star - Rose Royce
The band were absolutely incredible at our wedding and definitely made our day that bit extra special. We have had so many comments on how good they were and people wanting to book them for other events. They were great in letting me sing with them - a huge highlight of my day - so thank you so much. Would book them for any and every future event!!
THE BEST NIGHT EVER!! From the communication, our first dance, two amazing one hour sets and having so much energy which reflected our wedding party - the Soul Rebels were insane. I didn't leave the dance floor once when they were playing and I got so many compliments about the band and asking where we found you!!! I hope to have you again at my 30th!
The band were absolutely amazing and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough. They interacted with the guests and made the evening. We’ve had lots of guests commenting on how good they were. 5+ stars!
Excellent music - not the usual cheesy wedding playlist and the best indicator of how good the Soul Rebels were is that the dance floor was packed all night! Huge thanks to all the band, we loved the performance.
The Soul Rebels were absolutely fantastic. I really cannot praise them enough. Everyone at our wedding raved about how brilliant they were and what talented musicians and singers they are. They created a party atmosphere as soon as they started playing and we absolutely loved having them play at our wedding.
Fantastic band with a great set list. Great communication throughout the wedding planning which helps you feel at ease. Would happily use them again!
I simply cannot praise James and his band enough! They were brilliant! Vocals were amazing and we loved how they involved the guests. There was a great choice of songs and I don't think there was minute they were playing that the dance floor wasn't busy! I lost count how may times a guest complimented then and asked how I'd found them - I just hope I find another excuse in the future to book them again!!
The Soul Rebels were great. They played the music we wanted with great skill and energy. The lead vocal was excellent. She has a super voice and really got the crowd going. Great fun.
Lorena and the rest of the band were amazing!!! All of our guests were up on the dancefloor, dancing the entire night. We had a fantastic time. Thank you!
Great band, loads of energy, strong repertoire. Easy to deal with. All our wedding guests love them. Would highly recommend the soul rebels.
I would just like to thank you and your band for providing us with great music on Saturday night. The way you started with the slower songs worked perfectly too.I have had so many comments of praise for the band. I have never seen our guys dance so much. The singer has an incredible voice and is a great performer. She Interacted with the crowd so well and I even ended up dancing a lot, which made my wife happy as that's rare.The band have a great grooving sound and I hope we have another large event someday so we can book you again.
I’d like to thank you so much for the 3 amazing sets you performed at my 40th Birthday. If I had dreamed of the perfect party it would never have come close to the reality. The whole band were superb, slick and professional. Sasha’s vocals outstanding and the way she works the crowd is just incredible. Loved being able to perform 'Never too Much’ with you even at the last minute. You truly are the perfect band to get a party started but not so good at getting it finished!! We wanted you to play for another 3 hours! Hahah! Loved it so much, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my special day the most incredible evening. Feedback from all of the guests has been amazing and I have passed along details so hope you get more bookings! You deserve it!
Amazing, fantastic, great value for money all you need to know when you are booking them for a special day! Stephanie and Chris
Dear Sasha and the band, just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you for your role in our amazing wedding last weekend. More people than I can count told me that it was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. All generations had a blast dancing along to the tunes, which is something we really wanted to achieve. Also, thanks so much for being patient and letting us go over time a little at the end. People were just having such a good time (mainly because the band music had been so happy-making) that no one was in any mood to stop. The sign of a great party! We ended up dancing round the camp fire in the field till the wee hours of the morning. Once again, thanks a million and I will be singing your praises whenever the topic of wedding bands come up with people in the future! Love Sophie and Chris x
What an absolutely amazing band! Our evening reception was such a good party and the Soul Rebels were a huge part of that! Thank you so much!
Great Energy and Superb Live Entertainment - Hire the 7 Piece Band!
Absolutely fantastic act! - lovely people just cannot fault it. THANK YOU.
My husband and I are soooo glad that we chose the Soul Rebels to be our evening entertainment at our wedding. They sang our first dance song amazingly making it a truly special memory. We had so many compliments from our guests about the band, how they sang a great range of songs that got everyone on the dance floor. Sasha was great interacting with all of us on the dance floor, everyone loved how she came out for a boogie. Thank you so much for helping to create a truly amazing party atmosphere.
The Soul Rebels were amazing, and they made the evening the incredible party that it was! They brought a great, lively atmosphere, with Sasha singing and dancing through the dancefloor, getting everyone involved. The music was fantastic, Sasha's amazing voice being backed up by an awesome band. All our guests loved it and some want to use the Soul Rebels in the future! Worth every penny, and more..!! Cannot thank them enough!!
Booking was simple with the fantastic help from the Warble team, advising us all the way. As for the band, 5 stars is not enough!! Excellent vocals and energy. Really kept our guests entertained with a varied playlist and great interaction. Punctual, professional and accommodating as we were a bit late and just a wonderful performance. We would definitely recommend this band for fun loving soul shaking funky people. Many many thanks for being awesome!!!
The Soul Rebels were fabulous. Our party went with a swing in large part due to them. Sasha has an amazing voice and infectious energy. All of our guests commented on how good they were. I would unhesitatingly hire them again.
This band are absolutely fantastic! The music was excellent, Sasha the lead singer was so engaging, has a beautiful voice and really made everyone get on the dance floor. James the main organiser was extremely easy to deal with and did everything to accommodate special requests. The whole band were great fun and a pleasure to have around. I have been asked many times about where we found the band as they were so great! I would absolutely book them again and would happily use Warble Entertainment who were also very easy to deal with.
The Soul Rebels were fantastic at our wedding and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Both they and Warble made the process of booking easy and straightforward. The band were accommodating and learnt some new songs for us. They were punctual and really just set themselves up and got on with raising the roof! A real focal point of the evening for our special day. I think they are going to get several bookings from guests at our wedding who loved their energy, range and ability to fill our dance floor. Well done guys and be assured if you book the Soul Rebels for your occasion expect to have a fantastic time.
Soul Rebels are a brilliant band. Singer was very engaging. Feedback has been great in respect of their music.
- Blenheim Palace
- Madame Tussauds
- Twickenham Stadium
- Emirates Stadium
- The Savoy
- The Ritz
- The Hilton
- The London Science Museum
- The Natural History Museum
- Tower Bridge Engine Rooms
- and dozens of Stately Homes, Manor Houses, pubs and function halls all across the country!
How long do you take to set up?
The band requests a minimum 1.5 hours hour to set up and get changed, but the total amount of time really depends on the band line up, the size of the room, and access etc.
How much space do you need?
The band requires a minimum of 5m across by 3m deep for the 5 piece band. A stage isn't necessary (although it's a bonus if you do have one). We can also play outside, but will need to be under cover in case of rain as our equipment is easily damaged.
How long do you play for?
We usually play for 3 x 40 minute sets or 2 x 60 minute sets. Extended sets, or additional acoustic sets such as duo or trio performances can also be arranged.
Can you learn any songs not on your repertoire as a special request/first dance?
Yes the band would be happy to learn one new song free of charge. Please give at least 3 weeks notice to learn the song. There may be occasions where we have to ask for an alternative if the song is not suitable for the line up (e.g. due to instrumentation).
Can you play at our wedding ceremony/drinks reception/dinner as well as providing music for the evening?
Yes, this is something the band do regularly. You may prefer to have a smaller combo earlier in the day (e.g. piano vocal duo during dinner) and have the rest of the band arrive in the evening.
Do you provide music during your breaks?
The band can provide a party playlist between live sets. Or if you would prefer to create your own playlist the band can provide a connection their sound system.
What's included in the price?
The standard quote includes all travel costs, and upto 2 hours of live music, plus professional sound system and lighting. Each event is different so the band can adjust the quote according to your particular requirements.
Can we come and see you live?
99% of the band's performances are private events such as weddings or corporate parties which makes it difficult to invite prospective clients to come and watch. This is why we povide videos of the band performing, aswell as mp3's and testimonials to give you a true impression of the band and what to expect.
- 2 x 60 minutes
- 3 x 40 minutes
- Longer/shorter sets can also be arranged
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.