The Trilbys are a young, energetic band with a versatile line up.
Taking both and contemporary songs and putting their own spin on them, The Trilbys are a fun and talented trio with a full, completely live sound.
The Trilbys are a young, energetic band with a versatile line up. All members are true professionals and have worked alongside members of Status Quo, Simply Red, Bad Company, Shola Ama, Plan B, Pixie Lott and Devlin to name a few. With each member's individual talents and skills the band can guarantee their clients a truly memorable night of musical entertainment.
- Duo - vocals and guitar, and double bass
- 3 piece - vocals and guitar, double bass, and drums (Standard Line Up)
- 4 piece - vocals and guitar, double bass, drums, and keyboard or saxophone
- 5 piece - vocals and guitar, double bass, drums, saxophone, and keyboard
- Happy (Pharrell Williams)
- Cake By The Ocean (DNCE)
- Domino (Jessie J)
- Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
- Treasure (Bruno Mars)
- Locked Out Of Heaven (Bruno Mars)
- Sex On Fire (Kings Of Leon)
- Use Somebody (Kings Of Leon)
- Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
- Mercy (Duffy)
- Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
- Black & Gold (Sam Sparrow)
- Black Horse And The Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall)
- This Love (Maroon 5)
- Forget You (Cee Lo Green)
- Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
- You Can’t Hurry Love (The Supremes)
- Suspicious Minds (Elvis Presley)
- Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
- King Of The Swingers / The Bear-Necessities
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Beat It (Michael Jackson)
- Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
- My Girl (The Temptations)
- I Shot The Sheriff (Bob Marley)
- No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley)
- Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding)
- Ain’t No Sunshine (Bill Withers)
- A Hard Day’s Night (The Beatles)
- I’m A Believer (The Monkees)
- Gimme Some Lovin’ (The Spencer Davis Group)
- Over The Hill (John Martyn)
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You (James Taylor)
- Let’s Spend The Night Together (The Rolling Stones)
- Day Tripper (The Beatles)
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
- The Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett)
- Oh What A Night (The Four Seasons)
- Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones)
- Brown Sugar (The Rolling Stones)
- Wild Thing (The Troggs)
- The Locomotion (Little Eva)
- Get Off My Cloud (The Rolling Stones)
- Doo Wah Diddy (Manfred Mann)
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice (The Beach Boys)
- La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin)
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
- Isn’t She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You (Andy Williams)
- You Really Got Me (The Kinks)
- Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough (Michael Jackson)
- Rockin All Over The World (Status Quo)
- Signed Sealed Delivered (Stevie Wonder)
- Suspicious Minds (Elvis)
- American Pie (Don Mclean)
- All Right Now (Free)
- New York New York (Ryan Adams)
- Twist & Shout (The Beatles)
- Saw Her Standing There (The Beatles)
- Rock Around The Clock (Bill Haley)
- Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)
- C’mon Everybody (Eddie Cochran)
- Tutti Frutti (Little Richard)
- Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis Presley)
- Great Balls Of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)
- Sweet Home Chicago (Robert Johnson)
- I Got A Woman (Ray Charles)
- Hit The Road Jack (Ray Charles)
- Ring Of Fire (Johnny Cash)
- Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
- That’s Alright Mama (Elvis Presley)
- La Bamba (Ritchie Valens)
- Moondance (Van Morrison)
- Summertime (George Gershwin)
- Free Fallin’ (Tom Petty)
- Boy In The Bubble (Paul Simon)
- Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright (Bob Dylan)
- Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel)
- Jacob’s Ladder (Huey Lewis & The News)
- You’ve Got A Friend (Carole King)
- Imagine (John Lennon)
The band were very professional - both in their handling of the pre-party arrangements and at the venue. They were a brilliant group with a great range of music and we had lots of wonderful comments about them. Would thoroughly recommend.
5 out of 5!
From Ben's first contact three weeks before the date to the day itself, we couldn't have been happier with our decision to book The Trilbys. They were professional, prompt, polite, very friendly and above all played great music! They set the tone perfectly for the laid back, fun evening we'd hoped for. Many of our guests commented how good the band was. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Just a quick note to say thanks so much for Saturday. We had the best day and you being there and playing your music really made it a day to remember. We’d definitely recommend you to any of our friends and family getting married or having a party. Hopefully we’ll get to see you play again. All the best Simon & Kay.
Aswell as being booked by blue chip clients such as Marks and Spencer, The Trilbys have performed at weddings, parties and corporate events all over the south of the UK.
Can I see them perform live before booking?
Unfortunately the only performances The Trilbys do tend to be private weddings and parties. However, the videos, audio samples and pictures give an excellent representation.
How far will they travel?
The Trilbys are happy to travel anywhere for your event. However, please bear in mind that venues situated over 2 hours travel from Surrey will incur additional costs for travel and accomodation as needed.
What happens if a band member is ill and has to cancel?
In the event of any band member being unable to perform due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance, The Trilbys have a number of professional understudies to call upon. This will in no way interfere with the quality of the performance.
How long will they take to set up their equipment?
It is best to allow The Trilbys 1 hour to be completely set up, sound checked and ready to start.
How long will they play for?
The Trilbys will play two hours of live music divided to suit you. This is commonly done as 2 x 1 hour sets or 3 x 40 minute sets. If you require additional sets of live music this can be arranged for you at extra cost.
How many songs will they play during their set?
In the 2 hours of live music, The Trilbys can be expected to cover between 30 and 40 songs.
How long will the interval(s) be?
The Trilbys will usually take an interval of 10 to 15 minutes between sets. These can be extended to suit you.
What happens when they aren’t playing?
When The Trilbys aren't playing, they will put appropriate party music through their sound system to keep the atmosphere going. An alternative is for you to provide an iPod or laptop with a playlist of your choice which they can then put through the sound system.
How loud will they be?
In terms of volume, you can expect The Trilbys to be loud enough to dance to but quiet enough that your guests away from the dancefloor can hold a conversation comfortably. As they are using a sound system, they will be happy to adjust volume levels to suit your preference.
Our venue uses a sound limiter, is this a problem?
A sound limiter above 90db is perfectly manageable. Any lower than this and it is worth double checking as sound limiters usually work by cutting off the power to the band’s equipment which can cause damage.
What will they wear?
The Trilbys will be smartly dressed in black or white shirts, black trousers and smart shoes. If you require specific outfits (tuxedos for example) please enquire and these can be hired in for an extra cost.
How much space will they need?
- Duo: 8’ x 8’
- 3 piece: 12’ x 12’
- 4 piece: 16’ x 14’
- 5 piece: 18’ x 14
Will they bring lighting?
The Trilbys have 2 disco style floor lights and 1 disco style row of overhead, bar lights.
Can we choose which songs they will play?
The Trilbys have a set list consisting of songs which work well from their experience. They will also have an extended repertoire list of all the songs they know. You are welcome to substitute any songs from the extended repertoire into the set list as long as this is done with enough notice for them to perfect your requests. In terms of songs not on the repertoire, The Trilbys will be happy to learn one song just for you (your first dance for example) for no extra charge, providing it works with the instrumental make up of the band.
Can we borrow their microphone for speeches / announcements on the night?
Of course, clients often make use of the microphone for speeches / announcements. Although it is worth running through the logistics of when you would like to use the microphone before the day of the event.
Do they provide PLI & PAT certificates?
The Trilbys have up to date PLI (Public Liability Insurance) and PAT (Portable Appliance Test) certificates which some venues may ask for.
Do we need to provide anything?
As The Trilbys will be at your venue for the entire evening, we do ask that you provide some food and drink (some of the evening buffet and water are absolutely fine).
- 2 x 60 Minute Sets
- 3 x 40 Minute Sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.