Tim the Guitarist
Tim is a professional guitarist who specialises in performing classical, romantic and popular music. His unique and effortless style will leave a lasting impression to all.
Tim the Guitarist
Tim is an experienced classical and fingerstyle guitarist from Flintshire, North Wales. He has been playing guitar for over 25 years, performing everything from solo guitar works through to rock concerts in pretiguous venues all over the UK & beyond. Tim is also a successful composer, whose music has been broadcast on TV and radio all over the world.
Tim mixes classical, romantic, jazz and popular music, arranging pieces of music dating from the present day to 500 years ago. He has performed at hundreds of concerts and festivals, including private parties for the Prime Minister, and prestigious venues including the Millennium Centre in Cardiff, Green Man festival, End of the Road festival, Bestival, London's Electric Ballroom and many more.
- Solo Classical Guitar
- Solo Electric Guitar for larger spaces
- Duo set - vocalist available for duets
- Duo set - violinist available for duets
Below is a small selection of Tim's repertoire.
- Anon - Spanish Romance, Greensleaves, El Noi De La Mare, Malaguena
- Albeniz - Asturias, Sevilla
- Bach - Many pieces including Prelude from Suite No. 1 for Cello, A Well Tempered Clavier, Air on a G String, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- Barrios - La Catedral, Julia Florida, Jha Che Valle
- Brouwer - Estudion No 6
- Calatuyud - Bolero
- Carcassi - Etude in A, Etude No 1. in C
- Couperin - Les tours de passe-passe
- De Visee - Suite in D Minor
- Gismonti - Agua e Vinho
- Giuliani - Harpstudy
- Llobet - El Testament d'Amelia
- Lauro - Andreina
- Myers - Cavatina
- Powell - The Shadow of Your Smile, Introducao ao Poema Dos Olhos Da Amada
- Sanz - Canarios
- Sor - Estudio No5 in B Minor, Etude in D, Opus 60 No. 19
- Schubert - Ave Maria, Standehen
- Williams - Classical Gas
- Pachabel - Canon in D
- Scarlatti - Sonata in A Major
- Schumann - Traumerei
- Tarrega - Tango, Capricho Arabe, Lagrima, Marieta, Gran Vals, Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Etude in E Minor, Estudio Brilliante
- Villa-Lobos - Prelude No, Mazurka-Choro
- Adele - Someone Like You
- Allman Brothers - Little Martha
- Atkins - Vincent
- Atkins - The Entertainer
- The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun, Penny Lane, Blackbird, When I’m Sixty Four
- Brubeck - Take Five
- Burt Bacharach- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- Coldplay -Trouble
- David Bowie - Starman, Ziggy Stardust
- Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet
- Elbow - One Day Like This
- Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You?
- Elton John - Your Song
- Elvis - Can't Help Falling In Love With You
- Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
- Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go
- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
- Judy Garland. - Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Keane - Everybody's Changing
- The Low Anthem - Charlie Darwin
- Lou Reed - Perfect Day
- Ludovico Einaudi - I Giorni
- Nirvana - All Apologies
- Norah Jones - Don't Know Why I Didn't Come
- REM - The One I Love
- Satie - Gymnopedie I
- Soundtrack - Pirates of the Caribbean Theme
- Soundtrack - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic)
- Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely?
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
- Tears for Fears - Mad World
- Tommy Emmanuel - Angelina
- u2 - With or Without You
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
- The XX - Intro
- Yann Tiersen - Comtine d'un Autre Ete (from Amelie soundtrack)
Tim was really friendly and self-sufficient - couldn't be easier to work with! All the guests were really happy. :)
Tim arrived on time, and his playing was amazing. He learnt to play a song I gave him from a youtube clip, which he did to the note. Was one of the highlights of my day and I got a lot of complimentary comments from lots of the guests about his playing.
We absolutely adored Tim's beautiful playing at our wedding last week. Tim's skillful contribution really brought our ceremony to life. We especially appreciated the extra care he took to learn a new piece that we wanted to have played during the ceremony. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking to add a friendly presence and an elegant musical component to their wedding.
Excellent in all respects. Perfect background music for our event and Tim was very pleasant and professional.
Tim was amazing. On time, played so well, so polite and I highly can't recommend him enough!
Thank you for your wonderful playing.
- Private function for the Prime Minister
- Millennium Centre, Cardiff
- Green Man Festival, Wales
- End of the Road Festival, Dorset
- Bestival, Isle of Wight
- Union Chapel, London
- St Giles' Church, Wrexham
Do you require a stage?
Solo guitar performances can take place in many areas - from huge concert halls to small rooms, and as a result the space required is very small.
Do you take requests?
Yes, I arrange many pieces of music for guitar, so even if the piece of music isn't written for solo guitar, in most cases pieces can be adjusted accordingly. As this is a time consuming process, I require a minimum of two months' notice in order to perform the piece at the highest standard.
Can you help with arranging a set list?
Yes - I have a huge wealth of experience at playing to different crowds, so I'm able to quickly put together an effective set for any event.
Do you require amplification?
In some cases the guitar can be played acoustically, but for best results I will often perform with my electro-classical guitar and a small PA. My PA is extremely high quality and can be set up quickly and without being intrusive.
Performances are generally broken up in to 45 minute sections
- 2 x 45 Minutes
- 3 x 45 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.