Award-winning Canadian singer and guitarist Ashley is a natural performer. Whether you’re looking for chilled-out lounge/background music, or a high-energy dance set, Ashley’s stunning vocals, lively guitar accompaniment and expert showmanship will ensure a memorable, bespoke performance that will suit the atmosphere and energy of your event.
Ashley has performed at CMJ (New York), South by Southwest (Texas), Canadian Music Week (Toronto) plus lots of major UK events including Liverpool SoundCity, Kendal Calling, Car Fest, and Festival No.06. She has received awards from Universal Music and airplay from Radio 2 alongside many other stations worldwide.
Award-winning Canadian singer and guitarist Ashley is a natural frontman and performer. Whether you’re looking for chilled-out lounge/background music, or a high-energy dance set, Ashley’s stunning vocals, lively guitar accompaniment and expert showmanship will ensure a memorable, bespoke performance that will suit the atmosphere and energy of your event.
Ashley has toured extensively across Canada, the UK, America and Europe and has received awards from Universal Music and the Canadian Songwriters’ Association. She has performed live on various BBC programs, has had songs featured on BBC Radio 2 and hundreds of other international radio and TV shows.
Her tour dates have included showcases at CMJ (New York), South by Southwest (Texas), Canadian Music Week (Toronto) plus lots of major UK events including Liverpool SoundCity, Kendal Calling, Car Fest, and Festival No.06.
Her extensive and versatile set list features contemporary pop, folk, country, rock and jazz hits, plus all the best songs of the past thirty years you forgot were brilliant. Expect your favourite songs, re-imagined.
- Solo - Vocals + Guitar - Great for afternoon receptions, walks down the aisle, small venues, background music, easy listening, mellow events.
- Duo - Vocals + Rhythm Guitar + Lead Guitar - A little more depth of sound, with a similar atmosphere to solo.
- Trio - Vocals + Rhythm Guitar + Lead Guitar + Bass OR Drums - More energetic with a rhythm section, better for medium-sized audiences. More upbeat than solo performances. Best option if you'd like to have one mellow set during a reception, followed by a more upbeat set in the evening.
- Band - Vocals + Rhythm Guitar + Lead Guitar + Bass Guitar + Drums - Best for evenings. A full band can provide a bigger sound. Your best option for filling the dance floor.
- Solo with instrumental piano - Vocals + Guitar and Instrumental Piano - Solo sets interspersed with instrumental piano sets - great for setting atmosphere at weddings, christenings, receptions, etc.
- 3 Doors Down - Be Like That
- Ace of Base - All That She Wants
- Adam Sandler - (The Wedding Singer) Grow Old with You
- Adele - Hello
- Adele - Someone Like You
- Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing
- Alabama - I’m In a Hurry
- Alan Jackson - 5 O'Clock Somewhere
- Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
- Alanis Morisette - Ironic
- Alison Kraus - Whiskey Lullabye
- Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- Avril Lavigne - Complicated
- Bee Gees, The - Islands in the Stream
- Ben E King - Stand By Me
- Bill Withers - Ain’t No Sunshine
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achey Breaky Heart
- Bloodhound Gang - Bad Touch (Discovery Channel)
- Bob Dylan - To Make You Feel My Love
- Bob Dylan - Wagon Wheel
- Bon Hiver - I Can't Make You Love Me
- Boney M - Mary’s Boy Child
- Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
- Bruce Springsteen - I’m on Fire
- Bruce Springsteen - The River
- Bruno Mars - Marry You
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Bryan Adams - I’m Ready
- Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
- Calling, The - Wherever You Will Go
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
- Cat Stevens - The First Cut is the Deepest
- Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come
- Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
- Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle
- Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
- Civil Wars, The - Poison & Wine
- Coldplay - Scientist
- Coldplay - Yellow
- Coldplay - Magic
- Coldplay - Paradise
- Corrs, The - So Young
- Cranberries, The - Dreams
- Cranberries, The - Linger
- Cranberries, The - Zombie
- Creedance Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Creedance Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colours
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Damien Rice - Blower’s Daughter
- Damien Rice - Cannonball
- Danien Rice - Coconut Skins
- Deana Carter - Strawberry Wine
- Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Disney - Bare Necessities
- Dixie Chicks - American Solider
- Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl
- Dixie Chicks - Landslide
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice
- Dixie Chicks - Wide Open Spaces
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Dolly Parton - Jolene
- Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
- Don McLean - American Pie
- Duffy - Mercy
- Dusty Springfield -Son of a Preacher Man
- Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
- Eagles, The - Hotel California
- Eagles, The - Take It Easy
- Eagles, The - Love Will Keep Us Alive
- Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
- Eliza Dolittle - Pack Up
- Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You
- Elton John - Your Song
- Elvis Presley - I Can't Help Falling in Love with You
- Emerson Drive - Should be Sleeping
- Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight
- Estelle - American Boy (Duo/Trio/Band Only)
- Eurythmics, The - Sweet Dreams
- Eva Cassidy - Songbird
- Eva Cassidy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Ewan MacColl - Dirty Old Town
- Faith Hill - Breathe
- Feist - 1,2,3,4
- First Aid Kit - Emmylou
- Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
- Fleetwood Mac - Songbird
- Florence and the Machine - You’ve Got the Love
- Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Four Non Blondes - What’s Up
- Fun - We Are Young
- Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me
- Gabrielle Aplin - Home
- Garth Brooks - The Dance
- Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls
- George Ezra - Budapest
- George Michael - Faith
- Glen Hansard - Falling Slowly
- Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon
- Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- Guns and Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Ingrid Michelson - Giving Up
- It's My Life - Bon Jovi
- Jack Johnson - Better Together
- Jackson 5 - Want You Back (acoustic)
- James Bay - Hold Back the River
- James Taylor - The Water is Wide
- Jann Arden - Good Mother
- Jann Arden - Insensitive
- Jason Mraz - I’m Yours
- Jason Mraz - I Won’t Give Up
- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
- Jessie J - Price Tag
- Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
- Jewel - You Were Meant for Me
- Jimmy Buffett - 5 O'Clock Somewhere
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
- Jo Dee Messina - Heads Carolina, Tails California
- Joan Osborne - If God Was One of Us
- John Denver - Country Road
- John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Place
- John Mayer - Daughters
- Johnny Cash - Hurt
- Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
- Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi
- Joni Mitchell - River
- Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
- Katy Perry - Hot and Cold
- Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
- Keith Urban - Somebody Like You
- Keith Urban - You’ll Think of Me
- Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
- Kenny Rogers - Islands in the Stream
- Killers, The - Mr Brightside
- Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
- Kiss - I Was Made for Loving You
- KT Tunstall - Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
- Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
- Lady Gaga - Pokerface
- Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
- Lodestar - Amazed
- Lorde - Royals
- Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
- Lumineers - Ho Hey
- Maroon 5 - This Love
- Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
- Matchbox 20 - 3AM
- Matchbox 20 - Unwell
- Matchbox 20 - Push
- Megan Trainor - All About that Bass
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- Michael Buble - Home
- Michelle Branch - Everywhere
- Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
- Missy Higgins - Going North
- Monkees, The - I’m a Believer
- Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots are Made for Walkin'
- Neil Diamond - The First Cut is the Deepest
- Nelly Furtado - Turn Off the Light
- Nina Simone - Feeling Good (Duo/Trio/Band Only)
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Fishing in the Dark
- Oasis - Wonderwall
- Paolo Nutini - Candy
- Paolo Nutini - Growing Up Beside You
- Passenger - Let Her Go
- Paul Brandt - My Heart Has a History
- P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason
- P!nk - Try
- Prince - Nothin Compares 2 U
- Proclaimers, The - 500 Miles
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Radio Head - High and Dry
- Rascal Flatts - Bless the Broken Road
- Redness - Cotton Eye Joe
- REM - Everybody Hurts
- Ricky Martin - Livin’ La Vida Loca
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Rita MacNeil - Working Man
- Robbie Williams - Angels
- Ronan Keating -When You Say Nothing at All
- Ryan Adams - Oh My Sweet Carolina
- Sarah Mclachlan - Angel
- Sarah Mclachlan - I Will Remember You
- Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
- Shania Twain - No One Needs to Know
- Shania Twain - From This Moment
- Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
- Sheryl Crow - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me
- Snow Patrol - Run
- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck in the Middle with You
- Steve Earle - Galway Girl
- Sting - Fields of Gold
- Taylor Swift - Love Story
- Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Tom Petty - Free Falling
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Traditional - Auld Lang Syne
- Traditional - Caledonia
- Traditional - Fields of Athenrye
- Traditional - Happy Birthday
- Traditional - House of the Rising Sun
- Traditional - Jingle Bells
- Traditional - Now I'm 64 (Newfoundland)
- Traditional - Silver Bells
- Traditional - Tell My Ma
- Traditional - Black Velvet Band
- Traditional - Glow of the Kerosene Light
- Traditional - I’se the B'y
- Traditional - Roll Me Over Next to the Wall
- Traditional - Sam Hall
- Traditional - She’s Like the Swallow
- Traditional - The Snow That Melts The Soonest
- Traditional - Wild Rover
- Traditional - Petite Papa Noel
- Train - Drops of Jupiter
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- U2 - With or Without You
- Uncle Kräcker - Follow Me
- Unthanks, The - Here’s the Tender Coming
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
- Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
- Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried
Ashley was absolutely fantastic and made our wedding day. She has such a beautiful voice and was perfect for both the ceremony and entertaining our guests during the afternoon. I highly recommend Ashley, she is so friendly and is an outstanding singer. Thank you so much for making our ceremony and wedding so special and memorable!
Warble were fantastic in finding us the perfect singer at late notice, the personal contact was great and made everything run smoothly. Ashley herself was absolutely amazing, gauging the atmosphere and fitting in perfectly. She made a good party incredible, Thanks so much!
Amazing music and a lovely person. A great night was had due to her choice of music.
Ashley was the absolutely perfect choice for reception drinks at our wedding - her voice is incredible. Communications before the event were brilliant too. Couldn’t recommend more highly.
Ashley was absolutely fantastic when she played at our wedding. Her voice is better in real life than the recordings we’d heard, everybody commented on how good she was. People of all ages that attended the evening ‘do’ are still coming up to me and saying “Ashley was great, where did you find her?” Her help with our wedding dance was much appreciated, Ashley learned a new track and sent us a demo to practice to. Another good addition to her already very large and varied repertoire. Highly recommended for any venue, as a solo artist. Next time we’ll have to have her singing with a band.
Excellent acoustic sound - song list very extensive. Also able to respond to requests - great over all package and got the party going!
Ashley was amazing! She was very accommodating and responded to every one of our questions promptly before our wedding. She even learnt a couple of new songs just before, which made our day feel very special. Her vocals are fantastic and we had many of our guests comment on how good she was. Thank you so much for a wonderful performance Ashley.
Ashley was a great singer, with a great voice and a great range of songs for all tastes. She made the evening very enjoyable for all our Members at Elworth CC.
Excellent and would recommend.
Ashley was fantastic, she got everyone up dancing. Everyone commented what a great evening they had.
Ashley and Chris played a great double 60 minute set at our wedding reception. They got the tone of the audience just right and were able to play a variety of random requests the crowd came up with. Setting up and down was done without any fuss. A pleasure having them at our special day.
Ashley was incredible. Her voice is amazing and she's so friendly and fun. Honestly couldn't recommend her enough.
Ashley was just amazing! She played beautifully for our entire reception and her rendition of Time After Time had people in tears as I walked down the aisle. Would definitely book her again for future events!
Ashley played for our wedding ceremony and drinks reception. She was absolutely brilliant and everyone commented on how amazing she was. Her voice is incredible and she has a huge variety of song choices which we loved!! Highly recommended.
Ashley was everything we wanted and more. She sang throughout our ceremony which was so beautiful and set the tone perfectly. She then did a full hour for our champagne reception. Our guests loved it and many commented on how fantastic her voice was. She created an amazing atmosphere and made our day really special. Very lovely to deal with in the run up to the wedding and was very accomodating of all our requests. Would highly recommend!! x
Ashley was superb! Punctual, accommodating and very personable too!
Ashley played at the launch of The Chester Food Assembly. She was highly professional and discussed set up and the tone of the gig with me before the event. She was on time and had all the equipment needed for a fantastic set. Ashley’s music is exceptional, engaging, energetic and crowd-pulling. She assessed the atmosphere of the event and played to it, which really added to the evening. I would have no hesitation recommending Ashley - she brings quality, beautiful sounds and incredible talent to the stage. I couldn't have been happier with what she provided and the event really benefited from her being a part of it.
In addition to Ashley's private and corporate performances, she has performed on many prestigious world stages and at popular festivals including:
- South by Southwest - Texas
- Formula One (Private Party)
- The Bluebird Cafe - Nashville
- CMJ Festival - New York
- CMW Festival - Toronto
- Liverpool SoundCity - Liverpool
- Festival No. 6 - Portmeirion
- Kendal Calling - The Lake District
- Universal Music Songwriter's Circle - Austria
- Slaughtered Lamb - London
Ashley has toured extensively and has ample experience in radio and television performance.
In addition to her work as a perform, Ashley also works with Chester Zoo to write songs for their international conservation campaigns which have been taught in school systems across the northwest of England and throughout Europe and Asia. Her songs are also used by the European Association for Zoos and Aquaria and received international attention.
Do you take requests?
Happily! Ashley will take special requests for events several months in advance. If you have a couple of songs that would make your special day even more special, just let us know when you complete your booking. Ashley’s happy to include these free of charge. Ashley also has access to an online database which allows her to take some requests on the day/night, providing it's nothing too obscure!
Will you provide your own PA?
Yes. She provides a high-quality PA for all UK performances, unless otherwise specified. Clients from other countries or regions should get in touch to confirm.
How far will you travel?
Worldwide! Ashley is based in Cheshire, England but frequently travels to destinations throughout the UK, across Europe and around the world.
Can you perform with a duo? Or a band? On a tightrope?
Absolutely! Although Ashley usually performs solo, she can also provide a duo, trio, or even a full 6-piece band with double bass or banjo! Whatever you're in the mood for, she’s got you covered. She’s not great on a tightrope, though.
What is your standard set length/format?
For most performances, the format is made up of 2 x 45 minute sets with a short break in-between. Other sets available upon request.
Can you DJ in-between sets?
Yes, Ashley has various playlists available to play through her PA system. She can play recorded music during the break and, for a fee, an extra DJ set can be arranged following the live music.
Do you use backing tracks?
Not usually, but Ashley can upon request.
Do you have a Christmas set with festive music?
Ashley loves Christmas. It's her favourite time of year.
What's your favourite song to play?
Ashley loves to play folk and country music best but her guilty pleasure is forgotten cheesy 90/00s tunes.
- 2 x 45 minute sets
- 3 x 30 minute sets
Other sets available upon request.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.