Hitsville Soul Stirrers
Hitsville Soul Stirrers deliver fresh and funky sets of classic Motown, Atlantic and Northern soul - to get your party up and dancing all night long!
Playing some of the greatest tunes ever written, Hitsville Soul Stirrers deliver upbeat and heart stopping sets of iconic Motown, Atlantic and rare Northern soul. With a flexible line-up and an infectious enthusiasm, Hitsville Soul Stirrers will bring the golden age of music to your event! With options to bring in a brass section and vocal backing group, you can have the big showband experience and sound, at a fraction of the cost.
Hitsville Soul Stirrers
Highly professional 7-10 piece Soul band based in London
- Songs covering the golden age of soul, through funk, disco and beyond.
- Hits that appeal to every generation and keep the dance floor full all night long!
- Fantastic rates for a highly experienced live band - with performance credits alongside the likes of: Gnarls Barkley, The Streets, Mica Paris, David McAlmont, Boney M, Amy Winehouse Foundation, Erasure, Dionne Warwick, Jasmie Kara - to name but a few.
- State of the art PA and light show.
- The unbeatable sound of a full brass section and vocal harmony group.
- Additional Jazz quartet services.
- Highly professional and communicative from the moment of booking - you can rest assured your event is in the safest hands!
Hitsville Soul Stirrers provide line-ups from a compact 7 piece, adding in extra brass players, all the way up to a full 10 piece band.
The 7 piece line-up showcases and amazing 3 part vocal harmony group, comprising of:
- Lead Vocals
- 2 x Backing Vocals
The optimum 10 piece line up, has the added imapct of a full brass section, and comprises:
- Lead Vocals
- 2 x Backing Vocals
- 3 x Brass Section (Trumpet, Saxophone & Trombone)
- 25 Miles – Edwin Starr
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- Ain’t Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- As – Stevie Wonder
- At Last – Etta James
- Baby, I Love You – Aretha Franklin
- Band of Gold – Freda Payne
- Bar-B-Q Song – Wendy Rene
- Beggin’ – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Big Bird – Eddie Floyd
- Bull Dog – The Shirelles
- California Soul - Marlena Shaw
- Chain of Fools – Aretha Franklin
- Clean Up Woman – Betty Wright
- Come Together - Ike & Tina Turner
- Crumbs Off The Table – Laura Lee
- Dancing in the Street – Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- Fever – Patty Drew
- Get Ready – The Temptations
- Gimme Shelter – Merry Clayton
- Gimme Some Lovin' – Spencer Davis Group
- Hard To Handle – Otis Redding/ Patti Drew
- (Like A) Heatwave – Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher & Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Hold On, I’m Coming – Sam & Dave
- I Can Feel Your Love – Felice Taylor
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Gladys Knight & The Pips (version)
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye (Version)
- I’ll Keep Holding On - The Marvelettes
- It’s A Shame - The Spinners
- I Want You Back – The Jackson Five
- I Wish – Stevie Wonder
- Land of 1000 Dances – Wilson Pickett
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Livin’ for the City – Stevie Wonder
- Memphis Soul Stew – King Curtis (instrumental)
- Mr. Big Stuff – Jean Knight
- Needle in a Haystack – The Velvelettes
- Nothing But A Heartache - The Flirtations
- Nowhere to Run - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- Papa Was A Rolling Stone – The Temptations
- Please, Mr Postman – The Marvellettes
- Proud Mary – Ike & Tina Turner
- Reach Out, I’ll Be There – The Four Tops
- Really Sayin’ Something – The Velvelettes
- Rescue Me – Fontella Bass
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- Respect Yourself - The Staple Singers
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Jackson 5 (Christmas set)
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone – Aretha Franklin
- Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
- Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes (Christmas set)
- Son of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Soulful Dress – Sugar Pie Desanto
- Soul Man – Sam & Dave
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Street Life – Randy Crawford
- Sunny – James Brown
- Sunshine of Your Love – Spanky Wilson
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Sure Didn’t Take Long – Bunny & Cindy
- Sweet Soul Music – Arthur Conley
- Tainted Love – Gloria Jones
- The Clapping Song – Shirley Ellis
- The Snake – Al Wilson
- The Stingray – Funk Brothers (instrumental)
- The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- The Way You Do The Things You Do – The Temptations
- Think – Aretha Franklin
- This Old Heart of Mine – The Isley Brothers
- Try A Little Tenderness – Otis Redding
- Twist & Shout – The Isley Brothers
- Until You Come Back To Me (That’s What I’m Going To Do) - Aretha Franklin
- What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted - Jimmy Ruffin
- What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye/ Donny Hathaway
- Working In The Coal Mine – Lee Dorsey/ Harry Connick, Jr.
- You Can't Hurry Love – The Supremes
- You Keep Me Hanging On – The Supremes
Hitsville Soul Stirrers were absolutely amazing. Everyone loved them and the dance floor was always full. We would pay double to have them again! All really lovely, friendly people too and so talented! Thank you!
5 out of 5!
The band was incredible and made our night! All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, the music was astounding and we loved every minute!
The Band were very professional and easy to deal with leading up to the event. They are a fantastic band and had the Wedding party on their feet throughout their sets. Perfect first dance and the vocals were first class. The group really got into the spirit of the evening and made the Wedding that much more special. Thanks so much and would highly recommend!!!
We thought the band were absolutely amazing!! So professional and so talented! They had everyone up and dancing all night. Worth every single penny
The Hitsville Soul Stirrers were incredible! The dance floor was packed every song they played. They were full of enthusiasm and soul. They loved our dance floor rules and got everyone involved. We loved that they learnt our first dance song and it was amazing to have it sung live. They were super fun and our guests loved them, just as much as we did! We would highly recommend them.
The band were great to work with prior to our wedding. On the night, they really embraced the performance giving our guests a fantastic experience. The music itself was outstanding and delivered with great energy and enjoyment. We had an unforgettable night!
Although the lead singer wasn't who I thought I had hired the band were above our expectations. They were not only amazing performers and musicians but they were great with the crowd and a pleasure to to talk to. They were flexible and funny & everyone was up dancing. Even our DJ's heavily into music friends asked where we had found them that they were impressed so that to us is the final seal of approval. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. After spending months going through band after bands show reels it paid off choosing this lot. Great energy & talent all round. Thanks for being the cherry on our wedding cake!!! xxx
They are simply the best soul band in the UK. They are so welcoming, kind and easy to communicate with and accommodating. The music is exceptional, they are a fantastic live band. They play all the great soul hits. Everyone at our wedding would score them 10/10 and the dance floor was full all night. We can not thank them enough. Simply brilliant.
Wow! I can't recommend the Hitsville Soul Stirrers enough. Friendly, professional and most importantly brilliant performers. The perfect band for our wedding.
Hope you're well! Just wanted to say a huge thanks to you and everyone in the band for playing at our wedding last month. We had the best day and you guys were absolutely brilliant!! So many of our friends and family have said how much they enjoyed the music. We’d be more than happy to recommend your band to anyone who needs one!
- The Music Library Awards
- Surrey Rugby Club Annual Dinner
- Tesco Corporate
- The Blues Kitchen (residency)
- The Breakfast Club (residency)
- The Jazz Cafe
- The Hideaway
- The 229
- Standard performance of 2 x 60 minute sets.
Additional sets and a background jazz quartet can be added to your days entertainment at extra cost.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.