Jay is a soulful/pop solo performer based in Yorkshire but is available to book/hire UK wide.
With over 10 years of experience and a wide ranging repertoire of songs, Jay is perfect for all types of event. Jay can also provide DJ sets after performances for all clients wanting to book a performer and DJ in one act, covering all genres from Rock'n'Roll, Motown, Soul, Funk, Disco, 80s/90s, Rock, Indie, Reggae, R&B, Hip-Hop, Club Classics, House, to Garage & Charts.
Jay is a British born Singer Songwriter from Leeds, UK. He began playing guitar at the age of 13 after receiving a birthday cheque from his Grandad. With little musical knowledge, he started to teach himself the basics, and naturally developed a new found skill. It was a matter of weeks before Jay started to test different sounds with this voice. Whilst listening to artists like Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder and James Morrison, Jay managed to find a blend of Breathy Soul, Pop and something else that most find quite capturing.
Since embarking on his music career Jay has had the pleasure of supporting the likes of Olly Murs, Tinchy Stryder and The Saturdays.
- Soulful & warming pop singer/performer based in North Yorkshire
- Songs to cover every generation and keep the energy levels high
- Fantastic rates for a highly experienced Solo performer
- Friendly, Polite & Professional
- Committed to please
- Jay is an exciting and dynamic soulful/pop solo performer. With over 8 years of experience and a wide ranging repertoire of songs, Yo is perfect for all types of event.
- 1 x Male Vocal / Acoustic Guitar
In addition, Jay can supply interval music during the 30 min break.
Jay also provides a DJ service for clients wanting to book an all in one performer + DJ!
- Hold my Hand - Jess Glynne
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
- My Girl -The Temptations
- Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Domino - Jessie J
- Wonderwall - Oasis
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- What makes you beatiful - One Direction
- Sex on fire - Kings of Leon
- Golden Touch - Razorlight
- Pompeii - Bastille
- Drunk in Love - Beyonce
- No Woman no cry - Bob Marley
- Dont Look Back in anger - Oasis
- American Boy - Estelle
- Mustang Sally - The Commitments
- I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
- Price Tag - Jessie J
- I Need A dollar - Aloe Blacc
- Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
- Love me again - John Newman
- 3 Little birds - Bob Marley
- Someone Like you - Adele
- The A Team - Ed Sheeran
- Waves - Mr Probz
- My Love - Route 94
- Locked out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
- Rather be - Clean Bandit
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Red - Daniel Merriweather
- Rolling in the deep - Adele
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- I’m A Mess – Ed Sheeran
- Drake - Take Care
- Drake - One Dance
- Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
- Controlla - Drake
- Let Me Love You - Justin Bieber
- Sorry - Justin Bieber
- Castle on the Hill - Ed Sheeran
- Into You - Ariana Grande
- Closer - Chainsmokers
- Hotline Bling - Drake
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Friends – Justin Bieber
- Into You – Ariana Grande
- Black Beatle – Rae Sremmurd
- Ignition – R. Kelly
- Let Me Love You – Mario
Excellent entertainment, you won’t be disappointed.
Top class performance. Made the evening so special. I would definitely book Yo again and felt privileged to have him perform at my birthday party. Great choice of songs and a fantastic singer and guitarist.
Yo was really fabulous for our daughters 21st party. Young and trendy, was perfect for this event.
Yo Sings was absolutely wonderful singing in church and in the garden at our wedding. He was such a lovely guy, very laid back and chilled dealing with our requests of a slightly different song choice in church. Our guests loved him, reducing a fair amount of ladies to tears when singing 'Thinking Out Loud' as I walked down the aisle! He has a beautiful voice and we will definitely be highly recommending him to others, and definitely using him again!! Thank you Yo, you were amazing!!!
We booked Yo last year after a friend reccomended him after her wedding. He made our first dance a true moment and my guests very much enjoyed his performances. Will go far I'm sure.
- The Hilton Hotel
- Arc Inspirations LTD
- Derbyshire University
- Leeds University
- Durham University
- York Univeristy
- The Crown Hotels ltd
- Multiple Hotel Chains across the UK
Do you have insurance?
Yes. Full Public Liability Insurance, and all equipment is P.A.T tested.
Can Jay play at certain times or perform different set lengths?
Jay realises that every Wedding is different so is happy to build a bespoke package just for you. This has proven extremely popular with many couples and could include:
- Earlier Set-Up - to avoid disturbing the ambience if everything is taking place in the same room.
- First Dance - wherever possible, Jay will learn your first dance song providing enough prior notice is given and the song is within his style. If this is not possible Jay will be happy to play your first dance via his PA.
- As standard, and at no extra fee, Jay will provide iPod music in between sets.
I have a mixed range of guests for our event and I don't know what music to choose.
This is something that frequently happens. The huge list of songs covering all genres of music can be mixed and matched to cater for all age groups thus keeping everyone happy. We can help you choose what will be appropriate from our experience with many varied events.
I have a special song that is not in your repertoire. Can you perform it?
No problem. I do charge a small fee of £25 which covers the time which is spent learning the song to perfection.
- 2 x 45 minute sets / 2 x 1 hour sets or / 3 x 40 minute sets
- As standard iPod interval music is supplied by Jay
- Extra performance time is also negotiable
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.