Joseph The Classical Guitarist
An award winning classical-crossover guitarist and graduate of Royal College of Music, Joseph has music to suit any occasion.
As well as being an experienced concert performer, Joseph The Classical Guitarist has also performed at many weddings, parties, restaurants, corporate settings etc. and is always warmly received.
Joseph The Classical Guitarist
Hailed by Classical Guitar Magazine as "an accomplished young performer" whose "work is always of note" and by This Is Classical Guitar as "a fearless and exciting young guitarist with daring virtuosity and an intimate touch on the instrument”, Liverpool born Joseph took up guitar at the early age of 5.
In 2005 he was awarded a place at the world famous Chetham’s School of Music and 2007 saw him being offered a coveted entrance scholarship to study at the RNCM with Craig Ogden and Gordon Crosskey. In 2013 he graduated from London’s Royal College of Music with a Masters Degree in Performance with the help of generous scholarships from The Draper’s Company, John Lewis Fund and the Countess of Munster Trust.
Joseph has performed extensively throughout the UK as a soloist and chamber musician, giving recitals in prestigious venues including Bridgewater Hall, Capstone Theatre, V&A Museum and Bolivar Hall.
He has also been the featured concerto artist with many orchestras and ensembles, giving his debut concerto performance (Vivaldi's Lute Concerto in D) in 2011 whilst at the RNCM and going on to give his first performance of Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez with Southampton Youth Orchestra in 2013, to critical acclaim. In the same year he performed the ‘Aranjuez’ again in the opening concert of the Heswall Arts Festival with L’Orchestra dell’Arte. Joseph has also performed with Luton Symphony Orchestra, Sheffield New Ensemble, Bedworth Symphony Orchestra, New Forest Orchestra and Cheshire Sinfonia.
- Abba - Knowing Me, Knowing You
- Anne Murray - You Needed Me
- Barbra Streisand – Memory, Woman In Love
- The Beatles - Across the Universe, All You Need is Love, Ask Me Why, Come Together, Cry Baby Cry,Day Tripper, Eleanor Rigby, For No One,From Me to You, Hello, Goodbye, Here Comes the Sun, Hey Jude,I Don’t, Want to Spoil The Party,I Will,I’ll Follow The Sun,I’m a Loser,I’m Happy,Just To Dance With You,I’m Only Sleeping,I’m So Tired,In My Life, I Will, The Long and Winding Road, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, Michelle, No Reply, Nowhere Man, P.S. I Love You, Penny Lane, Something, This Boy, Things, We Said Today, Two Of Us, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Yesterday, You’re Going to Lose That Girl
- The Bee Gees - A Groovy Kind of Love, How Deep is Your Love
- Billy Joel- Just the Way You Are
- The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man
- Chaka Khan - Aint' Nobody
- Coldplay - Speed of Sound
- The Commodores - Nightshift
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through the Night, Time After Time
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Don McLean - And I Love You So, Vincent
- Doris Day - Dream A Little Dream Of Me
- The Eagles - Hotel California
- Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, Rocket Man, Sad Songs Say So Much, Your Song
- Elvis - Always On My Mind
- Eric Clapton - Bell Bottom Blues, Cocaine, Layla, Nobody Knows You When, You’re Down and Out, Strange Brew, Tears in Heaven, Wonderful Tonight
- Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
- Fred Astaire - The Way You Look Tonight
- Herb Alpert - This Guy’s In Love With You
- Irene Cara - What a Feeling (Flashdance)
- James Taylor - You’ve Got a Friend
- John Waite - Missing You
- Julian Lennon - Too Late for Goodbyes, Valotte
- Karla Bonoff - Personally
- Lee Greenwood - I.O.U.
- Marvin Hamlisch - Theme from Ordinary People
- Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
- Minnie Ripperton - Lovin' You
- The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin
- Nat King Cole - The Very Thought of You
- Neil Diamond - Hello Again, Sweet Caroline, Night Ranger, Sister Christian
- No Doubt - Don’t Speak
- The Paris Sisters - I Love How You Love Me
- Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson - Say SaySay
- The Platters - Only You
- The Police - Every Breath You Take, Wrapped Around Your Finger
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Ruby and The Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence
- Stevie Wonder - My Cheri Amour
- Sting - Shape of My Heart
- The Stranglers - Golden Brown
- Tears For Fears - Mad World
- Terri Gibbs - Somebody's Knockin'
- Tina Turner - Whats Love Got To Do With It
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Bing Crosby - True Love (from High Society)
- Disney - Beauty and the Best
- J. Horner - My Heart Will Go On (Theme from Titanic)
- K. Badelt arr. S. Joseph - Pirates of the Caribbean
- S. Myers - Cavatina
- Rota and Kusik - The Godfather Theme
- Shonberg - Castle on a Cloud (Les Miserables)
- I. Albeniz – Cordoba, Asturias,Granada, Sevilla
- Anonymous - Spanish Romance
- J.S. Bach - Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, Lute Suite in A minor BWV. 995, Prelude, Fugue and Allegro,Prelude from Cello suite no.1
- L.W. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
- M. Giuliani - Study in A, Study in D
- Pachelbel - Canon in D
- G. Sanz - Canarios
- F. Sor - Study in B minor, Study
- B. Sorokin - Reminiscence about Venice
- F. Tarrega - Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Gran Vals,Sueno,Alborada
- Anonymous - Spanish Romance
- J. Duarte - Variations on a Catalan Folk Song
- M. deFalla - 2 Spanish Dances
- I. Figueredo - Los Caujaritos, MiCamaguan,PrivaResuello
- E. Granados - La Maja de Goya
- C. Jobim - A Felicidade, Girl from Ipanema
- A. Lauro - El Marabino, Venezuelan Suite
- A. Piazzolla - Four Pieces
- Savio – Batacuda
- G. Gershwin – Summertime, Embraceable You
- M. Glentworth arr. S. Joseph - Blues for Gilbert
- D. Reinhardt - Nuages
- C.R. Rivera - Evocation
- Rodgers & Hart - Blue Moon
- P. Bellinati - Jongo
- C. Domeniconi - Koyunbaba
- S. Joseph - Voyager
- G. Ryan - Benga Beat, Birds Flew Over the Spire, Railroad, Across the Plain, Rondo Rodeo, West Coast Breeze
Joseph was great! He learned the song we wanted for walking down the aisle and it sounded fantastic. I would highly recommend booking him!
Joseph is really friendly and an outstandingly talented guitarist. He came down from Glasgow to fulfil his commitment to our booking and everything he played was amazing to hear and appreciated by all our guests. I'd love to hear him play in the future.
- K+K Hotel Group (Kensington)
- Fred Olsen
Can you suggest pieces suitable for my event?
Yes. Based on the nature of the event and the clients taste in music I can create a set list to suit your needs.
Do you take requests?
Yes. If the requested piece/s are in my repertoire already I will play them at no extra cost. If you would like me to play a single piece not already in my repertoire I will learn/arrange it for you at no extra cost. Two or more requests of pieces I don't know will be at an additional charge. All requests must be made at least 5 days before the event.
Do you provide amplification?
Yes, I use a small but extremely high quality 40W acoustic amp and provide my own high quality microphone, cables, stands, leads etc. I will require nearby access to a plug socket.
Can you play without amplification?
Yes, however in general this is not ideal as the guitars sound is one that is easily overwhelmed even by a few people chatting normally. Any more than 20 guests and amplification will be necessary in order for my playing to be audible.
Can I create a custom setlist for my event from your repertoire?
Yes of course!
Can you play outdoors and will you be heard?
For the most part, yes. Though depending on the amount of guests and size of the area I may need to be provided with more powerful amplification by the organisers.
Can we discuss/email details with you before our event?
Yes, in fact I encourage this.
Can you create a solo arrangement of our song for our event?
How long do you require to set up?
I arrive 30 minutes (at the latest) before I am due to begin playing. Special arrangements can be made for me to arrive earlier if needs be, however a small addition to the fee will be made to compensate me for my time.
What requirements do you have for the venue?
I require an armless chair, preferably a piano stool. I need access to a power socket for my amp. A minimum of 2m x 2m area to perform in. If the venue is particularly large I may require them to provide a PA system to amplify me.
Do you require breaks?
Yes, every 50 minutes I have a 10 minute break.
- Minimum set length 60 mins
- Maximum set length 180 mins
- If Joseph's performance is required to be longer than an hour, every 50 mins will require a 10 minute break
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.