Marcus is an experienced acoustic singer and guitarist from London and who has been performing at weddings and private events for a number of years.
With a repertoire of over 150 songs, covering the 60's to modern day, you can be sure that Marcus will have something for everyone in his live performance. He is happy to learn a special request for your event and even has a an option to record your special song in his professional studio - perfect for a reminder of that first dance song or that song that was the soundtrack to your day, that will stay in the memory forever!
An experienced singer-songwriter who has been performing regularly around London, South East England, and often further afield.
With scores of outstanding reviews to my name, Marcus specialises in weddings and bespoke private events, but also plays frequently around the London circuit and wider. He plays a mixture of popular cover songs from 1960s-2020s, mostly in the pop and rock genres, but sometimes with a touch of soul and jazz. Marcus have a repertoire of more than 150 songs.
Marcus is flexible in trying to accommodate exactly what you want for the day and is happy to consult over video beforehand to make sure the day goes smoothly! He is always happy to learn a song or two for no extra cost, especially for weddings if you would like something special to you for your ceremony / first dance. Marcus is fully insured and happy to travel anywhere in the UK or further afield.
- Solo Guitarist and Singer
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Higher Love - James Vincent McMorrow
- Home – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- I Just Can't Get Enough – The Black Eyed Peas
- I Was Made For Loving You – Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran
- Instant Crush – Daft Punk
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Only Girl (In The World) – Rihanna (Boyce Avenue version)
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran
- Take Me To Church – Hozier
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- 5 Years Time – Noah and the Whale
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Empire State Of Mind (Part II) – Alicia Keys
- Feeling Good – Muse
- Golden Touch – Razorlight
- Green Eyes – Coldplay
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself – The White Stripes
- I'm Yours – Jason Mraz
- Island In The Sun – Weezer
- Last Nite – The Strokes
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Naive – The Kooks
- New Shoes – Paolo Nutini
- Other Side Of The World - KT Tunstall
- Rule The World – Take That
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Take Your Mama – Scissor Sisters
- The Scientist – Coldplay
- Use Somebody – Kings Of Leon
- Valerie – The Zutons / Amy Winehouse
- Yellow – Coldplay
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- You've Got The Love – Florence and the Machine
- Young Forever – Jay Z ft Mr Hudson (Alphaville original)
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Babylon - David Gray
- Champagne Supernova – Oasis
- Common People - Pulp
- Creep – Radiohead
- Don't Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Everlong – Foo Fighters
- Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead
- Half The World Away – Oasis
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
- Just – Radiohead
- Lifted – Lighthouse Family
- Losing My Religion – R.E.M.
- One - U2
- Over The Rainbow – Izi
- Sail Away – David Gray
- Slide Away – Oasis
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
- Under The Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Why Does It Always Rain On Me? - Travis
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- You've Got A Friend In Me – Randy Newman
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Faith – George Michael
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Graceland – Paul Simon
- Happy Hour – The Housemartins
- I Want To Break Free - Queen
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers
- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want – The Smiths
- Summer Of '69 – Bryan Adams
- Tainted Love – Soft Cell
- That's Entertainment – The Jam
- The Best – Tina Turner
- Where Is My Mind – Pixies
- Ain't No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- American Pie – Don McLean
- Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- Northern Sky – Nick Drake
- Perfect Day – Lou Reed
- Starman – David Bowie
- Stuck In The Middle With You – Stealers Wheel
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley And The Wailers
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Your Song – Elton John
- A Little Less Conversation – Elvis Presley
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
- Daydream Believer – The Monkees
- Delilah – Tom Jones
- Hey Jude – The Beatles
- House Of The Rising Sun – The Animals
- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
- I'm A Believer – The Monkees
- Light My Fire – The Doors
- Love Me Do – The Beatles
- Space Oddity – David Bowie
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Sunny Afternoon – The Kinks
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- The Sound Of Silence – Simon & Garfunkel
- Tired Of Waiting For You – The Kinks
I hired Marcus to sing for a private dinner I planed for my boyfriend’s birthday. He truly made the whole evening incredible and set a romantic/magical atmosphere, I couldn't have done it without him. I can't recommend Marcus enough! He had me crying with happiness with his gifted voice which is phenomenal. He was great at communicating and made my vision a reality. I will definitely be keeping him in my contacts for any upcoming events. A massive thank you!
- Vogue Williams / Roco Clothing
- The Dorchester Hotel
And over 500 weddings and events throughout the UK.
What kind of functions do you play?
Weddings, proposals,clubs, restaurants, festivals, residencies, other private or corporate functions - I'm open to just about anything, try me!
How long do you typically play for?
Usually 2x45 minutes or 3x45 minutes - but it's entirely up to you. I frequently play much shorter sets too, and sometimes longer. My current repertoire I can fill over 5 hours, and I will happily consider any length of set.
How far are you prepared to travel?
I am based in East London but can drive just about anywhere. I usually stick to the South East of England, will happily travel to just about anywhere in the UK, or further afield.
Do you charge extra for travel?
Not usually. If the event is based further than around 50 miles away, I may incorporate this into the price. If you are interested in booking me for an event abroad, I will typically require my travel and accommodation to be covered.
What equipment do you use?
I will provide a top of the range Mackie PA system with mixer and microphones if there is not one available at your venue. I play a Taylor 210ce electro-acoustic guitar, but can also play electric guitar if preferred. I also have a small busking style amp which is really useful for situations such as playing outside whilst drinks and canapes are being served - so I am very flexible when it comes to setup and can accomodate all venue layouts / weather situations.
Can I request a song that isn't in your repertoire?
Absolutely! Just let me know in advance and I'll see what I can do!
- Drinks and Ceremony
- Drinks Reception - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Ceremony and Drinks Reception
- 2 x 45 or 3 x 45 minutes for private events
Bespoke timings for sets are available. Marcus is happy to play whatever performance timings you require for your event.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.