R Jay Acoustic
Acoustic covers for any occasion!
R Jay is a highly skilled entertainer and performer with a sensitive and refined style, guaranteed to bring something special along with every performance. R Jay is perfect for drinks receptions, chilled garden parties and ambient background music.
R Jay Acoustic
Acoustic covers for any occasion!
R Jay Acoustic is a talented singer-guitarist who is ready to entertain you and your guests, no matter what the occasion may be! He is an outstanding guitarist and vocalist who performs the biggest hits in pop, rock, and folk as well as classics from the 50’s onwards. His impressive repertoire of over 200 songs includes everything from Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson to Ed Sheeran and George Ezra.
So, if you are after some great background music, or you are looking to get the party started, R Jay Acoustic has your live entertainment covered! He is perfect for drinks receptions, chilled garden parties and ambient background music.
With over 5 years’ experience on the road performing, R Jay is a truly professional musician who’ll do everything possible to make your event a memorable occasion.
- Acoustic Guitar & Vocals
- A Team – Ed Sheeran
- Ain't Nobody – Chaka Khan
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye
- Ain't No Sunshine – Bill Withers
- Another Day – Jamie Lidell
- All Night Long – Lionel Richie
- All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson
- Best Of You – Foo Fighters
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Blame It On Me – George Ezra
- Blurred Lines – Robbin Thike
- Body Moves – DNCE
- Breakeven – The Script
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- The Bucket – Kings Of Leon
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Buffalo Soldier – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE
- Call Me Al - Paul Simon
- Can't Feel My Face – The Weeknd
- Cannon Ball – Damion Rice
- Castle On The Hill – Ed Sheeran
- Closer – Ne Yo
- Cocaine – J.J. Cale
- Come Together – The Beatles
- Could You Be Loved – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
- Dancing In The Moonlight – Toploader
- Dancing Queen - Abba
- Don't Know Why – Norah Jones
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
- Don’t Stop The Music - Rihanna
- Dreaming Of You – The Coral
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
- Easy - Lionel Richie
- Every Tear Drop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
- Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
- Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
- The Fear - Ben Howard
- Feel The Love - Rudimental
- Fields Of Gold – Sting
- Fire And Rain – James Taylor
- For Once In My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Free Falling - Tom Petty
- Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Green Eyes – Coldplay
- Grow Old With Me – Tom Odell
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- He's Misstra Know It All - Stevie Wonder
- Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
- Heartbeats – José González
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Hey Ho - The Luminaires
- Higher & Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Hit The Road Jack – Ray Charles
- Hold Back The River – James Bay
- Hold On We're Going Home - Drake
- Hotel California - The Eagles
- Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
- How Sweet It Is – Marvin Gaye
- How To Save A Life – The Fray
- Human Nature – Michael Jackson
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- I Just Called To Say I Love You – Stevie Wonder
- I Need A Dollar – Aloe Blacc
- I Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin
- I Shot The Sherriff – Bob Marley
- I Want You Back - Jackson 5
- I Won't Let You Go - James Morrison
- I'll Be There - Jackson 5
- I’m Not The Only One – Sam Smith
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Imagine – John Lennon
- I'm Getting Ready – Michael Kiwanuka
- Is This Love - Bob Marley
- Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over – Lenny Kravitz
- Jailhouse Rock – Elvis Presley
- Jenny Don’t Be Hasty – Paulo Nutini
- Just The Two Of Us - Bill Withers
- Keep Your Head Up – Ben Howard
- Kiss – Prince
- Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran
- Last Request – Paulo Nutini
- Latch - Sam Smith
- Lean On Me - Bill Withers
- Lego House - Ed Sheeran
- Learning To Fly – Tom Petty
- Let Her Go – Passenger
- Let It Go - James Bay
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- Let’s Stay Together - Al Green
- Little Lion Man – Mumford And Sons
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Love Gets Sweeter Every Day – Finley Quaye
- Love Train - The O'Jays
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Marry You - Bruno Mars
- Mr Brightside – The Killers
- Man In The Mirror – Michael Jackson
- Money On My Mind – Sam Smith
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
- Naive – The Kooks
- Need Your Love So Bad - Gary Moore
- New Shoes – Paolo Nutini
- No Woman No Cry – Bob Marley
- One Love – Bob Marley
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- Old Man – Neil Young
- Ordinary People – John Legend
- Only Love – Ben Howard
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Photograph – Ed Sheeran
- Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
- Redemption Song – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Rewind – Paolo Nutini
- Rehab – Amy Winehouse
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele
- Rocket Man – Elton John
- Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
- The Scientist - Coldplay
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- Shotgun – George Ezra
- Save Tonight – Eagle Eye Chery
- Seven Nation Army – Jack White
- Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran
- She Moves In Her Own Way – The Kooks
- Shotgun - George Ezra
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
- Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Ottis Redding
- Someone Like You – Adele
- Something - The Beatles
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Judy Garland
- Stir It Up - Bob Marley
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Stuck In The Middle With You – Stealers Wheel
- Teardrops – Womack And Womack
- Tears Dry On Their Own – Amy Winehouse
- There She Goes – Bob Marley & The Wailers
- There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back – Shawn Mendez
- Under The Bridge – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Umbrella – Rihanna
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse Version
- Wake Me Up – Avicii
- When You Love Someone – James TW
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- What's Going On – Marvin Gaye
- When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars
- Yellow – Coldplay
- You Give Me Something – James Morrison
- You've Got a Friend – Carole King
- You've Got The Love – Florence + The Machine
- Your Song – Elton John
Very friendly and a fab entertainer.
R Jay was brilliant... He arrived and set up well in advance and played music to help fill the delayed arrival of the bride. He learnt three new songs for the ceremony which we requested and were not on his list and they all sounded great and gave the ceremony a really personal touch. His two sets sounded wonderful and so many people commented on how good he was. All in all, a five star performance which we were delighted with and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.
Very good musician and very pleasant man to deal with. Was very popular with our guests and would definitely recommend for other people's weddings or events.
Simply amazing. Stylish, beautiful voice, friendly and made our day. Can’t thank R Jay enough and would highly recommend.
RJ was fantastic! Friendly and an amazingly talented singer who everyone thought was fantastic. He did a range of songs that kept us all entertained and when we requested songs, he was happy to oblige. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Fab night was had by all thanks to RJ.
Prior to our wedding my husband and I had a conversation with R Jay regarding the music list and extra songs we would like. R Jay was so accommodating and let us choose what songs we wanted. I received a confirmation email from him the day before the wedding which also helped to put my mind at ease. He was very prompt and had set up and was playing by the time we walked through to the conservatory (which is what I had requested) so our guests were greeted by him playing. Every song R Jay played/sang sounded brilliant, he’s a great guitarist and has a lovely voice and was exactly how we imagined the music to be at our wedding. We would highly recommend R Jay and will also keep him in mind for our future events. Thanks again!
R Jay was brilliant! He was super friendly, music was amazing and all of the guests couldn't stop talking about him... would highly recommend to anyone looking for live music!
R Jay Acoustic. One for the ladies, and a charming and wonderful singer. My guests enjoyed an early evening dance and sing along. Fabulous voice. Would book again for other events.
R Jay was excellent and assisted in every way to my schedule. A pleasant man and more importantly a great singer. I will certainly use him again in the future.
We had the absolute pleasure of having R Jay play at our wedding. He brought a sense of cool, class and sparkle to our special day! Thank you!
Previous events have seen R Jay Acousic perform at venues such as:
- Wembley 02 Arena Amex Lounge
- Brixton Acadamy, London
- Barrowlands, Manchester
- The Haig Club, London
- The Langham Hotel, London
- The Randolf Hotel, Oxford
- The Ashmolian Museum, Oxford
Are you able to play a special song on request?
The answer is YES. If you have a song request for example, a first dance, I am able to tailor your peformance to customise and suit your event.
Do you only play afternoon bookings?
Currently, yes - my acoustic style is better suited to performances in the afternoon or early evening.
Do you have PAT and PLI certificates?
Yes, I have full public liability insurance and all equipment is safety tested and certified.
Are sound and lighting included?
Yes, included in the quote. My setup is tailored for afternoon / early evening reception bookings designed to deliver high quality audio using a slick compact setup. Lighting is available if needed.
Rory offers as a standard performance time:
- 2 x 45 minute sets
At an addtional cost it is also possible for the following:
- 2 x 1 hour sets
- 3 x 1 hour sets
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.