Rich The Pianist
Rich The Pianist
Rich has been performing music at weddings and functions for over 6 years. His repertoire consists of a strong blend of memorable pop and rock classics played in a soothing style.
Rich can provide a serene atmosphere to your wedding breakfasts, wedding ceremonies and drinks receptions.
- And she was - Talking Heads
- Angels - Robbie Williams
- At last - Etta James
- Beautiful - Christina Aguilara
- Breathe/Time - Pink Floyd
- Brown eyed girl - Van Morrison
- Chasing cars - Snow Patrol
- Consequence - Incubus
- Don't look back in anger - Oasis
- Don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith
- Dreaming of you - The Coral
- Drops of Jupiter - Train
- Empire state of mind - Alicia Keys
- Everything I do - Bryan Adams
- Female of the Species - Space
- Fill my little world - The Feeling
- Fireflies - Owl City
- Fix you - Coldplay
- Getaway car - Audislave
- Great gig in the sky - Pink Floyd
- Greatest day - Take That
- Guess that's why they call it the blues - Elton John
- Hey Jude - Paul McCartney
- How to save a life - The Fray
- I got - Young the Giant
- I'm a believer - The Monkees
- Kiss from a rose - Seal
- Kiss me - Sixpence none the richer
- La Isla Bonita - Madonna
- Little wing - Jimi Hendrix
- Love song - Sara Barreils
- Lovely day - Bill Withers
- Mad World - Tears for Fears
- Man in the mirror - Michael Jackson
- Message in a bottle - The Police
- Mmm - Crash Test Dummies
- Mr Blue sky - Electric Light Orchestra
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Naïve - The Kooks
- Pack up - Eliza Doolittle
- Rule the world - Tears for Fears
- Run - Snow Patrol
- Run to you - Bryan Adams
- Sad songs - Elton John
- She's the one - Robbie Williams
- Something - The Beatles
- Speed of sound - Coldplay
- Steppin' out - Electric Light Orchestra
- Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
- Sunny afternoon - The Kinks
- Talk shows on mute - Incubus
- The Scientist - Coldplay
- The wind cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
- Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
- Trouble - Coldplay
- Umbrella - Rhianna
- Under the bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- When we were young - The Killers
- Wish you were here - Pink Floyd
- Yellow - Coldplay
- Yesterday- The Beatles
Arrived early, very friendly and extremely talented. Would definitely recommend.
Had Rich play at the celebration of my Mum's life yesterday. Again a wonderful professional performance. Was a lovely performance that helped to make the day very special. Thank you, Nick.
Very professional service. Excellent pianist would recommend Rich for an excellent well heeled performance. A true professional that made my party exceptional. Thank you very much 10/10
Rich couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. Having him really helped us personalise our ceremony, with lots of guests commenting on the quality of the songs he accompanied a friend of ours singing. I would highly recommend him to any of our closest friends or family. Thank you so much. Tom and Kate (Mr and Mrs Hayes)
- The Jersey Round Table
- Oxford Gliding Club
- The White Hat Ball
- Blue Islands airline
- The cast of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" live
- Guernsey Yacht club
- 200 Wedding clients plus.... and counting!
What kind of music is it?
Rich plays piano background music that is ideal for drinks receptions, wedding breakfasts and other such grand occasions. The twist is that the songs will be instantly recognisable to anyone. It's a mix of classic rock and pop songs from the 60's to now transformed into soothing ivory tones.
Does he sing?
This piano set is instrumental only as Rich keeps his voice for his other projects.
Can he play piano during our wedding ceremony?
Sure can! As long as plenty of notice has been given for the required piece of music to be rehearsed. This is a great way of personalising your wedding.
Do I need to make sure the venue has a piano?
Not necessarily. Rich will bring his own electric stage piano with him as a backup incase the venue don't own an acoustic piano.
How far in advance do I have to book?
It really depends on availability. If you're desperate to hire a piano player for an event you've got tomorrow, give it a try anyways as you are likely to get a bit of a last minute discount if the date is free.
The venue are asking for PAT and PLI. What are these and does Rich have them?
PAT stands for 'Portable Appliance Test' - This certifies that all equipment meets the required safety standards and is reliable. PLI stands for 'Public Liability Insurance' - This covers the artist for any unfortunate circumstances that may involve members of the public. Rest assured Rich is covered for both of these. Digital copies of the certificates can be sent to venues by request.
Where is he based and which areas of the country does he cover?
Rich is based in Ipswich and generally operates in the East Anglia area but he is willing to travel for your event. There will be an extra charge for travel and accommodation costs if the event is outside of a certain radius.
Does he do requests?
If you would like to pick a song that is not included on the repertoire for your wedding, you can negotiate this as part of the contract. If there is a lot of work to be done to accommodate the extra material, a charge will be included. Rich will not be obligated to take requests on the day.
What makes this service so special?
There are many great piano players out there but Rich specialises in playing recognisable songs in a classical style.
- 1 x 1 hr Set
- 2 x 1 hr Set
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.