Soul Soup are a Soul, Jazz & Motown Band for hire in Shropshire, Cheshire, and throughout the UK.
Soul Soup are a nine piece band, featuring three fantastic female vocalists, a funky horn section, and the tightest of rhythm sections. With a repertoire ranging from jazz and swing, through Motown and soul, all the way to rock and pop, this dynamic group really can provide a sublime musical backdrop to any special occasion.
Soul Soup are versatile group of experienced musicians and firm friends who have been working together to provide high quality live music since 2003, ideal for any occasion.
From solo artists for intimate weddings, right up to nine-piece bands for extravagant corporate events, and covering a broad spectrum of musical styles including jazz, motown, soul, funk, and pop, they’ll work tirelessly to ensure you and your guests have as much fun as they inevitably will.
Nine piece -
- Three vocals, saxophone, trumpet (+BVs), guitar (+BVs), keyboards, bass, and drums.
Seven piece -
- One vocal, saxophone, trumpet (+BVs), guitar (+BVs), keyboards, bass, and drums.
Five piece - (Standard line up)
- One vocal, guitar (+BVs), keyboards, bass, and drums.
- Jump, Jive and Wail – Louis Prima
- Fever - Peggy Lee
- I Got a Woman - Ray Charles
- Mess Around – Ray Charles
- Jonny be Good – Chuck Berry
- Rockin' Robin – Jackson 5
- My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nat King Cole
- What I’d Say - Ray Charles
- Hit the Road Jack - Ray Charles
- At Last – Etta James
- I Just Wanna Make Love to You – Etta James
- Do You Love Me - The Contours
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- Heatwave - Martha & the Vandellas
- You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry
- Dancing in the Streets – Martha & the Vandellas
- My Guy – Mary Wells
- Land of 1000 Dances – Wilson Picket
- Rescue Me - Aretha Franklin
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- L.O.V.E - Nat King Cole
- It's Not Unusual –Tom Jones
- Everybody - Blues Brothers
- Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard (Credence Clearwater version)
- Bring Me Sunshine – Louis Prima (Jive Aces version)
- Aint no Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- I Don’t need no Doctor - Ray Charles (John Scofield version)
- Keep on Running - Spencer Davis Group
- You Can’t Hurry Love - The Supremes
- Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Reach out, I’ll be there - The Four Tops
- I’m a Believer - The Monkees
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
- Soulman - Wilson Pickett
- Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
- Think - Aretha Franklin
- Jailhouse Rock – Blues Brothers
- Get Up Offa That Thing – James Brown
- Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
- Hard to Handle - Otis Redding
- Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
- Hound Dog – Elvis
- I Want you back – Jackson 5
- Come Together – Beatles
- Sex Machine – James Brown
- Cold Sweat – James Brown
- Papa’s got a Brand New Bag – James Brown
- Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Use Me – Bill Wilthers
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- I Shot the Sherriff – Bob Marley
- Lady Marmalade - Pattie Labelle
- Oh What A Night – Frankie Valli
- Carwash - Rose Royce
- I Wish - Stevie Wonder
- Isn’t She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
- Play That Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry
- Flip, Flop, and Fly – Big Joe Turner
- Your Smiling Face James Taylor
- Brick House – The Comodores
- La Freak – Chic
- Blame it on the Boogie - Michael Jackson
- Don't Stop me Now – Queen
- Knock On Wood - Wilson Pickett
- Nine To Five – Dolly Parton
- Celebration – Kool and the Gang
- Never Too Much – Luthar Ven Dross
- Aint Nobody – Chaka Khan
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Kiss – Prince
- Sledgehammer – Peter Gabriel
- Young Hearts Run Free – Candy Staton
- U Can't Touch This – MC Hammer
- Jump Around – House of Pain
- It’s Your Thing – Isley Brothers
- No Digity - Backstreet (Oli Brown version)
- Mysterious Girl – Peter Andre
- Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
- Everybody (Backstreet's Back) – Backstreet Boys
- You’ve got the Love – Candy Staton
- Slam Dunk Da Funk – Five
- Everybody Get Up – 5ive
- Fill Me In – Craig David
- The Real Slim Shady – Eminem
- Senorita – Justin Timberlake
- Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce
- Super Duper Love – Joss Stone
- Love Machine – Girls Aloud
- Seven Nation Army - White Stripes (Ben L'onlce Soul version)
- Filthy/Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters
- Aint No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse (Ronson version)
- Please Don't Stop The Music – Rihanna
- Mercy – Duffy
- American Boy – Estelle (Sam Sparro version)
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutinni
- I Need Dolla - Aloe Blacc
- Runaway Baby – Bruno Mars
- Forget You – Cee Lo Green
- California Gurls – Katy Perry
- Firework – Kate Perry
- She Said – Plan B
- Domino - Jessie J
- Love on Top – Beyonce
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perry
- Price Tag – Jessie J
- Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- Trouble Maker – Ollie Murs
- Get Lucky – Daft Punk
- Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Shake it Off – Taylor Swift
- All About That Bass - Megan Trainer
- Rather Be – Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne
- Hold Your Hand - Jess Glyne
- Sax – Fluer East
We hired Soul Soup for our wedding reception. They were absolutely fantastic. Totally professional from the word go. Responded to emails and telephone calls quickly and efficiently, kept in contact to make sure we were happy, even after they had been paid in advance (!). We had a site visit and Chris made some recommendations and we discussed the type of music we wanted. They were flexible and recommended responding to the audience. How right they were! By a few tracks in, virtually everyone was dancing! Even people who I have never seen dance anywhere! We keep getting told how fantastic the band were. I can't recommend this band enough. You need a band? Soul Soup are the way to go. No competition!
- The Hilton, Manchester
- The Hilton, London
- ICC, Birmingham
- 02 London
- St Georges Hall, Liverpool
- NEC, Birmingham
- Winter Gardens, Blackpool
- Telford International Centre
- Manchester 235 Casino
- Brightwater Hall, Manchester
- Liverpool Football Club
What will we need to supply?
An accessible power supply is essential as we use several pieces of electrical equipment. Other than this, we are self-contained and will bring all of our own equipment including PA and lighting for both band and dance floor. To keep their energy levels up the band will require soft drinks throughout the performance, and a hot and healthy meal for each band member.
How long do you play for?
We usually play two 60 minute sets over a three-hour period. We can play longer sets if required, just let us know.
Do you play recorded music during your breaks?
Yes, we'll fill all gaps in live music with premixed playlists on our laptop - If you prefer you can provide your own music!
Can you play our first dance?
Yes, this is completely possible – please get in touch for advice on song choice.
Can we use your equipment for the speeches?
Yes of course. Complimentary.
What happens when the band finishes? Do you offer a DJ?
We offer both DJs and ‘DIY DJs’. Leave it to us, or you can bring an MP3 player with your favourite music on and leave it running for the remainder of the evening. Musicians will need to pack down and head home.
Can you play at our wedding ceremony / drinks reception / dinner as well as providing music for the evening?
Yes, this is something we do regularly. Please get in touch with your requirements. You may prefer to have a smaller combo earlier in the day (i.e. a duo or jazz quartet) and have the rest of the band arrive in the evening.
How much space do you need?
This obviously depends on the size of the group you choose, but is probably less than you think. We are adept at fitting into unusual spaces! Our Septet require approximately 5m x4m. We can also play outside, but will need to be under cover in case of rain as our equipment is easily damaged.
How long do you take to set up?
It usually takes us around 60 minutes to set up, and we aim to arrive 90 minutes before the performance. We can, however, arrive earlier if required.
Do you have Public Liabiliy Insurance?
Yes. Our equipment is PAT tested also.
Can we come and see you live?
Nearly all of our gigs are weddings and private functions, so unfortunately this is not usually possible.
Have Soul Soup ever had to cancel?
No. If one of the band members are taken ill, we have plenty of backup musicians available.
- Two 60 minute sets, or,
- One 40 minute, and one 80 minute set
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.