The Funsters are the Ultimate Live 4-piece Party Band, packing dancefloors since 2005 with chart hits from the 50s to the present, providing an unforgettable show for their audiences.
Ideal for Wedding entertainment, corporate functions and any party!
*North West Wedding Band of The Year 2015*
The Funsters have earned a firm reputation as one of the best party and wedding bands in the UK since they were established in May 2005. Due to their growing popularity, the band have recruited some of the best performers in the UK and expanded into a collective so even more people can enjoy The Funsters experience.
Consistently packing dance floors at every wedding and function they play, this fully live 4-piece band will provide an unforgettable show for your guests. There are no gimmicks, no backing tracks, just pure live energy from four suited and booted guys who are all highly talented musicians and experienced performers.
They perform chart music from the ’50s to the present that you can dance to. They can also provide background music during cocktails or dinner, from a solo pianist to an acoustic band setup.
The band have a full size pro sound system, full lighting rig with motorised units and effects, meaning that they can cater for most functions and venues. However if extra equipment is needed this can be organised.
Aside from their onstage skills they pride themselves on their professionalism and will do their best to make sure that all will run smoothly from the time of booking through to the event itself.
- Male Vocals / Guitar
Options for background music for cocktails / dinner
- Acoustic singer
- Duo, Trio
- 1999 - Prince
- 500 Miles - Proclaimers
- A Little Respect - Erasure
- Beggin’ - The Four Seasons
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
- Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
- Brown-eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You - Andy Williams
- Celebration - Kool & The Gang
- Crocodile Rock - Elton John
- Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
- Daydream Believer - The Monkees
- Disco 2000 - Pulp
- Do You Love Me - The Contours
- Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Heatwave - Martha & The Vandellas
- Human - The Killers
- I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
- I Want You Back - Jackson 5
- Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
- Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
- Just Can’t get Enough - Depeche Mode
- La Bamba - Los Lobos
- Livin’ On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
- Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley
- Oh What A Night - The Four Seasons
- Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Rap Medley - Rappers Delight, Gettin’ Jiggy Wit’ It, Fresh Prince Theme, Ice Ice Baby, Jump Around
- Relight My Fire - Take That
- Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
- September - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
- Shake A Tail Feather - Ray Charles
- She’s Electric - Oasis
- Stuck In The Middle - Stealers Wheel
- Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Take On Me - A-ha
- That's The Way I Like It - KC & The Sunshine Band
- The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
- Twist & Shout - The Beatles
- Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- Valerie - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse
1st Dances / Slow Songs
- Always On My Mind - Elvis
- Better Together - Jack Johnson
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner
- Earth Angel - The Penguins
- Eternal Flame - The Bangles
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Greatest Day - Take That
- Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson
- How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding/Waterboys
- I Can’t Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
- I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
- I Wanna Grow Old With You - The Wedding Singer
- I Won’t Give Up - Jason Mraz
- I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
- Isn’t She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
- It’s All About You - Mcfly
- Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars
- Let’s Stay Together - Al Green
- Lucky Man - The Verve
- My Girl - The Temptations
- Rule The World - Take That
- Sittin' On the Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
- Stand By Me - Ben E. King
- Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
- Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
- You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
- You Make It Real - James Morrison
- You’re My Best Friend - Queen
- Your Song - Elton John
Dear all, Colin and myself would like to thank you ever so much helping make our wedding such a fabulous day! We were thrilled to bits with the performance you gave and the playlist you selected and have had many compliments from our guests. We have never seen so many people up dancing at a wedding before and many times it looked like almost every guest was! Thank you also for learning our first dance for us – we really appreciated that and loved attempting (!) to dance to it! We have so many happy memories of the day – thank you for contributing and helping make it so enjoyable for us and all our guests. All the very best to you and we hope to maybe see you playing again somewhere in the future!
The Funsters previous clients include: Halifax/ Bank of Scotland, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Specsavers, St Hild & St Bedes College, Durham University (Freshers Event), University College, Durham University (College Ball), Sheffield Hallam University (Graduation Ball), First Choice Holidays, Genesis Communications, Thwaites, Manchester United Football Club, Credit North, Toastmasters International, Rainbow Family Trust, Walker Morris, Capula, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, BARQA, Wroxall Abbey Estates, Grosvenor Casino, Barnsley Metrodome, Flamingoland, TFL International, Royal Preston Hospital, Bourne Leisure, Pontins, Arval, Logistik Ltd, Oceana Nightclub (Leeds), Lava & Ignite Nightclub (Preston), Bistro French Live (Preston), Nutters Restaurant, Rochdale, Yew Lodge Hotel, Kegworth, Queen's Hotel, Leeds, Baldwins Omega Restaurant, Sheffield, Life Cafe, Manchester, RAF Cosford, Cambrai Barracks, Allenbrooke Barracks, Bolsover District Council, RAF Kirton Lindsey, Globe Hotel, Cockermouth, Normandy Barracks, Paderborn, GERMANY, Oxford Barracks, Munster, GERMANY... plus many more...
How far are you willing to travel?
Anywhere in the world – we will quote a fee including time & travel expenses.
How long will The Funsters perform for?
We’ll play up to 2 hours live usually split into 2 sets but we’re very flexible and will play what is required for your event and also adjust accordingly if your event ends up running late (which is often the case for weddings and charity balls).
How long does it take the band to set up and sound check?
About 1 hour or so but venues that have difficult access to the stage, such as not being on the ground floor, will of course mean it takes us longer to set up. We may liaise with the venue to clarify the best time for us to arrive.
Does the time the band arrives and leaves affect the cost?
Yes it does. The price quoted presumes that the band arrive at about 6:00pm to be ready set up in time for 7:00pm to 7:30pm and can start packing up our equipment by 12:30am. If you need The Funsters there a lot earlier or wish us to perform very late, such as before a wedding breakfast or in a night club, then we will provide you with a quote taking the extra time into account. Obviously timings for afternoon events will be different.
Live band at a wedding – advice. What’s the best time to play at a wedding reception?
The band are flexible and are happy to play when you require, but from our experience the following works well. Presuming you have a buffet the band would perform a short first set starting with your first dance, for about 30-45 minutes up to the buffet, and then a second longer set of about 1h15 to 1h30 after everyone has eaten. At a wedding we have also found that it is best not to start performing too early – we recommend no earlier than 8.30pm – as many evening guests do not arrive until then. Our main aim is to make sure your guests are up and dancing for as much of the evening as possible!
What happens to the music when you are not performing?
If you have not booked a DJ for your event then we can provide suitable pre-selected recorded playlists of usual party favourites or background dinner music – all included in the fee. If you wish your guests to be able to ask for songs then it would be better to get a DJ.
Will The Funsters learn our first dance/special song?
Yes and this is included in the fee. Please give us at least 2 months’ notice so we can fit it into our band rehearsal schedule if we don’t already know it.
Can we choose which songs The Funsters perform?
Partly. We are sometimes asked not to play certain songs and to play other ones. Most of the time we can oblige (within reason), but it is better to leave the general setlist to our experience as we will judge the mood and make up of a crowd to determine what will go down well. As we have said before we want to make sure your guests have a great time – we haven’t failed yet and don’t intend to start any time soon!
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT (electrical safety) certificates for your equipment?
Yes. As all band members are either members of the Musicians Union (MU) or the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) we automatically have comprehensive Public Liability Insurance – copies can be emailed if required. We also keep our electrical equipment with fully up-to-date PAT certificates which can be provided on request on the night (we can’t really email these as it is a large folder full that changes as equipment is replaced!)
Are there any hidden costs?
No. We will always quote a fee which is fully inclusive of all costs.
Will you need feeding and watering?
Yes please! A buffet or hot meal fuels The Funsters for a fantastic performance for your party!
What if there is something else I need to ask?
Then get in touch with the band! We always respond to emails quickly and you can always get hold of someone over the phone.
- Up to 2 hours live in number of sets and timings to suit the event.
- Suitable recorded music in between live sets is included.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.