With over 25 years experience creating perfect party atmospheres across the UK, The Mustard have a rich history of keeping crowds dancing long past their supposed bedtimes. The band's extensive repertoire of hits from the 50s right up to the present day guarantee a great night's entertainment for every audience, every age and every occasion.
Success for The Mustard first came in the mid 1990s when the band was rewarded with first place in the televised Windsor & Eton's Entertainer of the Year Competition, followed by placing in the top 10 of over 2000 entries in the Yamaha sponsored 'Best New Band' contest (covered on BBC Radio 1). Since then, the band has played hundreds of events and venues across the country including venues such as Blenheim Palace, The Gherkin, Kempton Park Races and the Kensington Roof Gardens, and with acts such as Bjorn Again, The Commitments, Geno Washington, The Bootleg Beatles and Edwin Starr.
The Mustard is made up of highly experienced and versatile professional musicians, who between them have played such prestigious venues as the Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Shepherds Bush Empire and Disneyland Florida, as well as working with artists such as Duffy, McFly, Matt Cardle, Steve Harley, Bastille, Electric 6, Bowling For Soup and James Bourne (Busted). Some members of the band have also had success with their own music gaining BBC radio airplay and performing at festivals like T in the Park, Benicassim, Guilfest, Big Reunion and the Isle Of Wight Festival. Members have also had experience performing and acting as musical director in musicals in London theatres and on board cruise ships around the world. The band's 5-piece line up consists of Vocals, Keyboards/vocals, Guitar/vocals, Bass/vocals and Drums/vocals. They can also add brass players and extra singers if required, and Danny and Dave can do an acoustic set to accompany any sit down meal or drinks reception before the main band gets everyone dancing.
Whatever your occasion or event, The Mustard will provide a performance that will captivate your guests and keep them dancing all night. The band’s history of professionalism and dealing with the some of the countries most discerning clients and venues, coupled with their varied repertoire seamlessly linking the biggest hits of the last 60 years, ensure that your event will be a night to remember and your guests will be talking of a Mustard party for a long time to come…
Standard five piece line up
- Guitar w/ Backing vocals
- Bass w/ Backing vocals
- Keyboards w/Backing vocals
- Female vocalist
- Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
- Shout - Lulu
- Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
- Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
- Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck
- I Feel Good - James Brown
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Andy Williams
- I'm A Believer - The Monkees
- Daydream Believer - The Monkees
- Soul Man - Sam & Dave
- Sign, Sealed, Deleivered - Stevie Wonder
- It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones
- Saw Here Standing There - The Beatles
- Mustang Sally - Wilson Picket
- Suspicious Minds - Elvis
- You Never Can Tell – Chuck Berry
- Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
- Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner
- Superstition - Stevie Wonder
- Disco Inferno - The Tramps
- Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
- Copacabana - Barry Manilow
- Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
- Lovely Day = Bill Withers
- Funky Music - Wild Cherry
- Come Up And See Me (Make Me Smile) - Steve Harley
- Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
- Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
- Stuck In The Middle – Stealers Wheel
- Blame It On The Boogie – The Jacksons
- Grease Is The Word – Frankie Valli
- Rockin’ All Over The World – Status Quo
- Country Roads - John Denver
- Maggie May – Rod Stewart
- Oh What A Night –The Four Seasons
- Going Underground - The Jam
- Burning Love – Elvis Presley
- Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams
- Dancing On The Ceiling – Lionel Richie
- Don’t You Want Me Baby – Human League
- Love Shack – B52’s
- Footloose - Kenny Loggins
- Wake Me Up Before You Go Go – Wham!
- (I've Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes ( Dirty Dancing)
- All Night Long - Lionel Richie
- Word Up - Cameo
- Power Of Love - Huey Lewis And The News
- Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
- I'm Gonna Be (500 miles) - The Proclaimers
- Walking On Sunshine - Katrina And The Waves
- Town Called Malice - The Jam
- A Little Respect - Erasure
- Baggy Trousers - Madness
- 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- I Love Rock n Roll – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
- Relight My Fire - Take That
- Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks
- Livin' La Vida Loco - Ricky Martin
- Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
- Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
- Keep On Movin' - Five
- Everybody – Backstreet Boys
- Sit Down - James
- Girls and Boys - Blur
- One Week - Barenaked Ladies
- Hard To Handle – Black Crowes
- Don’t Look Back In Anger – Oasis
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Weather With You – Crowded House
- I’ll Be There For You – The Rembrandts
- Gangsters Paradise - Coolio
- Valerie - Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse
- I Gotta Feelin - Black Eyed Peas
- Sex On Fire - King Of Leon
- Mr Brightside - The Killers
- I Predict A Riot - The Kaiser Chiefs
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
- Dakoka – Stereophonics
- Rock DJ – Robbie Williams
- Crazy In Love – Beyonce
- She’s So Lovely - Scouting For Girls
- Last Night - The Strokes
- Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
- Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis
- Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- Get Lucky - Daft Punk
- Wake Me Up - Avicii
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Cheerleader – OMI
- Blame It On Me – George Esra
- Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Cake By The Ocean - DNCE
- Hip Hop Medley // Jump Around - House of Pain // Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith // Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
- Classic Rock Medley // Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi // Jump – Van Halen // Sweet Child Of Mine – Guns n’ Roses // Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Disco Medley // Celebration - Kool And The Gang // Get Down Tonight - KC and The Sunshine Band // Good Times - Chic // We Are Family - Sister Sledge
- Abba Medley // Dancing Queen // Mamma Mia // Waterloo
- Rock n' Roll Medley // Johnny B. Good - Chuck Berry // Hound Dog - Elvis Presley // Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley // Rock Around The Clock - Elvis Presley
- 60’s Dance Songs Medley // Shake Your Tailfeather – Ray Charles // Do You Love Me – The Contours // Twist and Shout – The Beatles
First Dance Recommendations
- Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
- Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
- Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
- Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
- Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
- You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
- Amazed - Lonestar
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Irish (Requested in advance)
- Galway Girl - Steve Earl
- Hills of Donegal - Goats Don’t Shave
- The Irish Rover - The Pogues
- I Useta Love Her - The Saw Doctors
- Wagon Wheel - Nathan Carter
- Merry Xmas Everyone - Slade
- Santa Clause Is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen
- Do They Know it's Christmas Time - Band Aid
- I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday - Roy Wood & Wizard
- Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens
- Fairytale of New York - The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl
Acoustic Repertoire (for afternoon acoustic duo option)
- Best Day Of My Life - American Authors
- Budapest - George Ezra
- I’m Yours - Jason Mraz
- It Must Be Love - Madness
- Rude - Magic
- All About You - Mcfly
- I Believe In a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
- You Make It Real - James Morrison
- New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
- One Day Like This - Elbow
- She Moves in Her Own Ways - The Kooks
- Ho Hey - Lumineers
- She’s Electric - Oasis
- Have A Nice Day - Stereophonics
- Breakfast At Tiffany’s - Deep Blue Something
- Sitting on the Dock Of the Bay - Otis Redding
- Maggie May - Rod Stewart
- Galway Girl -Steve Earle
- Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
- Take it Easy - The Eagles
- Runaway - Del Shannon
- With Or Without You – U2
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- Free Falling – Tom Petty
- Mr Jones – Counting Crows
- Save Tonight – Eagle Eyed Cherry
- The Bright Side Of The Road – Van Morrison
- When You Say Nothing At All – Ronan Keating
- Islands In The Stream – Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
- All My Loving – The Beatles
- Sunny Afternoon – The Kinks
- The Boxer – Simon and Garfunkel
- Babylon – David Gray
- What’s Up – Four Non Blondes
- You Can’t Hurry Love – Phil Collins
- Waterfalls – TLC
- Yellow – Coldplay
- Times Like These – Foo Fighters
- Starman – David Bowie
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
And many more…
The Mustard have now played 3 parties for us. I booked them for my husbands 50th and was so impressed that I booked them again for my 50th. Last night they played at my sons 21st Birthday party. They are amazing, really get the crowd going and we’ve been thoroughly spoilt now and would never want anyone else to provide the music for us. Just gutted we’ve got no more big birthdays coming up so we can book them again!
- The Woodland Group
- Boxhill School
- Foster Denovo
- British Show Pony Society
- St John Fisher School
- Esher Church School
- Semper Paratus
- Yellow Pages
- SUN Microsystems
- The Armed Forces
- Various London Councils
- Hammond Stodards Solicitors
- Zurich Insurance
- The Metropolitan Police
- Lancaster University and many more
Timings / How long do you play for?
Getting the performance timings right is important in making your evening flow properly. Fortunately, The Mustard are very flexible with this. As a rule we normally play for around 2 hours. This can be split in various ways, the most popular is to play 2 x 1 hour sets. But either 3 x 40 minutes or even one long set is possible. We do recommend that our performance doesn't happen at the same time as an evening buffet or anything else that you may have planned however. We also suggest that our last set is timed to finish the night as we normally structure this to create a dynamic finale to your party!!!
Of course we're happy to play for longer if your event requires, but this will be factored into our quotation, so if you'd like us to play for longer than 2 hours, please let us know during the booking process.
Can I pick the bands playlist?
We are more than happy for you to have an input of course. From our repertoire list we recommend clients pick between 10-20 of the favourites and, perhaps more importantly, any songs that you really DON'T like! We prefer to be left to put the final set together ourselves however, as we know what normally works and we also need the flexibility to change things mid set if required. We will contact clients up-to a month before the event to discuss playlists.
How far do you travel?
Although we are based in the south east, we will travel anywhere!!
Will you learn our special song?
We are happy to consider learning your special song, ie first dance, but it obviously depends on whether your chosen song fits our style of band. It would be very difficult for us to cover a Frank Sinatra song for example with lots of brass and heavy orchestration. Please let us know at the time of booking if there is a particular song you'd like us to consider learning so we have enough time to learn it. If we feel we cant do your song justice you will be advised well in advance.
Do we need to hire a separate DJ?
In a word, No! We can provide backing or full on party music around our sets on pre-arranged iPad play lists at no extra cost. We can also connect your own laptop / ipad into our equipment if you'd like to organise your own music.If you do require more flexibility to the DJ music, then a member of the band can man the iPad throughout the evening to take requests and tailor the music accordingly. We have the latest DJ software and access to over 14,000 tracks on our iPad. This option however does have an extra charge so please discuss at time of booking.
How much Space do you need?
A minimum area of 18 x 8 foot is required to safely set up all our sound and light equipment. We have however performed in all manor of venues from manor houses and hotels, to barns, marquees, ball rooms and intimate clubs so we’re well versed in making the most of whatever space is available to us. please note:- For Marquee functions, where no stage is provided, a solid and level floor is required (not grass/earth) with a minimum ceiling height of approx 2 metres (6’6”)
Can we use your sound system for speeches?
Yes! If you are having an afternoon meal or a drinks reception, we can offer an acoustic duo to come and perform earlier for that part of the event. We can get an extra female vocalist to add some more variety to our set. We can also add a trumpet and saxophone. If you want us to play longer than just 2 hours, that is also something we have and are willing to do. All of these options obviously add some extra costs, so if you're interested, please let us know at the point of booking.
How loud will the band be?
Our aim is to make sure our volume levels are such that people at your event can still converse, but when they're on the dance they feel like they're at a gig!! The Mustard are a party band and the nature of the music we play means we can only turn down so far without affecting the performance for which you probably booked the band for in the first place.
Unfortunately, many venues nowadays will have sound limiter installed. Although I cant imagine any band enjoys playing within these restrictions, we are well used to them now and have played at many venues around the country that work with these systems. All members of the band now use in-ear monitoring systems which means that as we don't require the traditional stage monitoring speakers, so it's far easier for us play within whatever limits the venue have. We can also provide an electric drum kit if the venue has this as a requirement. If you're unsure about how sound limiters work and their affect, please feel free to call and discuss.
Do The Mustard have any specific requirements?
- Appropriate and clean changing facilities / rest room for five persons
- A Basic Hot meal is to be provided prior to the performance. (Please note that food from an evening buffet is acceptable )
- A supply of soft drinks for band members for the duration of the function.
- An adequate and safe, regulated power supply at the venue (minimum of 2 x 13 amp sockets fed from a 30 amp supply within easy reach of performance area.)
- Sufficient free parking for four vehicles in the immediate vicinity of the venue.
- Clear access for heavy equipment to and from the stage area.
What if a member of the band is ill and cannot perform?
We have deputies for every member of the band so in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or holidays, The Mustard will use alternate equally competent musicians to replace a member of the advertised band, in order to fulfil the engagement with the client.
What will the band wear?
The band will always be smartly dressed in black shirts and trousers and matching ties
All the band equipment has PAT certification and we have full Public Liability Insurance cover up to £10M. The certificates can be provided upon request
- 2 x 60 Minutes
- 3 x 40 Minutes
Sets can be tailored to suit your event.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.