Michelle The Birmingham Harpist
With a musical education that started at age 6, Alaskan-born Michelle is a versatile and distinguished harpist who plays in Birmingham and the West Midlands for weddings, funerals, product launches and corporate events.
Michelle The Birmingham Harpist
With a musical education that started at age 6, Alaskan born Michelle is a versatile and distinguished harpist.
Taught by her Grandmother on the same Wurlitzer harp that Michelle plays today, she was asked to play with both the Junior Youth Symphony and the Anchorage Youth Symphony from a young age, which included national and international performances in New York City’s Carnegie Hall and the Arts Centre at Hamer Hall in Melbourne, Australia.
Michelle later performed as principal harpist with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra and the Anchorage Opera on a regular basis throughout her time in Alaska, including the annual performance of The Nutcracker, Symphony of Trees, and Multiple Sclerosis Society’s Chocolate Affair. Additionally there were numerous corporate events, weddings and special functions which Michelle would play at.
In 2002, Michelle and her family moved to Birmingham and now plays at many types of occasions including Weddings, corporate events, private events and product launches.
Michelle is based in the Sutton Coldfield area of Birmingham and plays extensively at hotels, manor estates and performance halls throughout the East and West Midlands.
- Harp solo
Michelle has an extensive repertoire of classical, contemporary, folk and Irish pieces, and can accommodate most special requests. Here is a small sample:
- Danny Boy
- Fur Elise
- Canon in D
- Moon River
- Love Theme from The Godfather
- A Time for Us from Romeo and Juliet
- A Thousand Years from Twilight
- I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden
- Rather Be by Clean Bandit
- All of Me by John Legend
- When Irish Eyes are Smiling
- Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ra
- Simple Gifts
- I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
Michelle was very personable, played pleasant music and continued playing in a non-intrusive manner. Perfect for our luncheon party.
Michelle was fantastic, beautifully presented and the music was beautiful, Michelle played a variety of music and everyone at our wedding thought she created a lovely romantic atmosphere. Thank you Michelle, you were wonderful.
Michelle provided a lovely performance with the harp, it really set the ambiance of the evening and everyone commented on how classy and beautiful it was. The set list was perfect, starting with classical and mood setting numbers and ending with more upbeat party numbers as the drinks reception went on.
My husband and I had the pleasure of Michelle playing harp for our wedding breakfast yesterday. She has such a wonderful talent and we had so many lovely comments from our guests. Not only is she talented but professional and she genuinely feels passionate about what she does and it shows! Thank you Michelle it was lovely meeting you.
What is included in your wedding fee?
My wedding fee includes a FREE music consultation in my home to select the music for your ceremony, the wedding ceremony (for about 15 mins while the guests are seated), bridal processional, 2-3 songs for the signing of the register and the bridal recessional followed by some upbeat music while the guests file out.
Can you play the harp outside?
Yes, I am more than happy to play for outdoor events. I bring a small carpet to place under the harp, although ideally it is best to have an umbrella or gazebo to protect the harp from direct sun and wind.
Do you take requests?
Michelle has an extensive repertoire of classical and contemporary songs, over 3 hours of music, and can accommodate special requests with some advance notice.
- For a wedding ceremony Michelle's music includes while the guests are arriving and taking their seats, processional for the bridal party, a few songs for the signing of the register, and music while the bridal party and guests exit the venue.
- For a drinks reception or wedding breakfast Michelle typical plays a 2 hour set which includes a mixture of classical pieces (such as Canon in D, Gymnopodie and Fur Elise) and love songs (Love theme from The Godfather, A Time for Us, All of Me, Thinking Out Loud).
- For Celebration of Life events Michelle is often asked to play during the family and friend gathering post-burial, often a 2-3 hour set including pieces such as Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, Blest Be the Tie That Binds, and When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.
- Corporate events are quite varied, including anything from drinks receptions prior to a dinner or product announcement, entertainment during the meal, and even evening songs for the post-dinner nightcaps.
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.