More than just your average wedding band, Studio B are a versatile and accomplished 6-9-piece function band for hire for events across the UK and beyond. From small intimate weddings in Cornwall to glamorous functions at London’s Groucho Club and Shoreditch House – regardless of the setting, you can trust Studio B to put their heart and soul into each and every performance.
If you’re looking for the perfect party band, playing the widest spectrum of songs; be it for a wedding reception, birthday celebration or corporate event, Studio B are the only covers band you’ll need. They have a huge and varied repertoire that spans everything from 60's classics to the very latest popular hits. There’s truly something for everyone, no matter what the age range or musical tastes.
- Collectively the band are all incredibly experienced and accomplished musicians – they’re all music graduates who have trained at some of the UK’s most prestigious music conservatoires, colleges and universities.
- As individual musicians, they have performed at venues such as The O2, The Barbican and The Royal Festival Hall.
- Their members have performed at festivals such as Glastonbury, The Big Chill and Wilderness, and have been heard on BBC Radio 2, BBC 6 Music and BBC London.
- Members of their brass section are in the current house band for Sky 1’s music and comedy show 'Bring The Noise'.
Studio B is a 6 or 9-piece band consisting of:
- 1 x female vocals
- 1 x lead guitar & male vocals
- 1 x keyboards
- 1 x bass
- 1 x drums
- 1 x saxophone
- 1 x female vocals
- 1 x lead guitar & male vocals
- 1 x keyboards
- 1 x bass
- 1 x drums
- 1 x percussion
- 3 x horn section (trumpet, trombone, saxophone)
The full 9-piece band is shown in the promotional video. Prices given reflect the 6-piece band.
For smaller budgets, Studio B can also downsize to a 5-piece band (less saxophone).
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- The Beatles – Can’t Buy Me Love
- The Beatles – I Saw Her Standing There
- Bill Haley – Rock Around the Clock
- Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode
- Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
- Eddie Floyd – Knock On Wood
- Elvis Presley – Blue Suede Shoes
- Elvis Presley – Hound Dog
- Fontella Bass – Rescue Me
- Martha and the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
- The Monkees – I’m A Believer
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- Wilson Pickett – In The Midnight Hour
- Wilson Pickett – Mustang Sally
- Abba - Dancing Queen
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Bad Company – Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love
- Big Brother & The Holding Company – Take Another Little Piece of my Heart
- Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine
- Bill Withers – Lovely Day
- Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
- Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman
- Chic – Good Times
- Earth, Wind & Fire – September
- The Emotions - Best of my love
- Jackson 5 – Blame It On The Boogie
- Jackson 5 – Shake Your Body
- James Brown – I Feel Good
- LaBelle – Lady Marmalade
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin Us Now
- Rolling Stones – Brown Sugar
- Sister Sledge - Thinking Of You
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Stealers Wheel – Stuck In The Middle With You
- Stevie Wonder – I Wish
- Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered
- Stevie Wonder – Sir Duke
- Stevie Wonder – Superstition
- Van Morrison – Moondance
- Wild Cherry – Play That Funky Music
- Chaka Khan – Ain’t Nobody
- Chaka Khan - Feel For You
- Dire Straits – Money for Nothing
- Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing
- Evelyn Champagne King - Love Come Down
- George Benson – Give Me The Night
- Grover Washington Jr – Just the Two of Us
- Jocelyn Brown – Somebody Else’s Guy
- Katrina and the Waves – Walkin’ on Sunshine
- Kool & The Gang – Celebration
- Lionel Ritchie – All Night Long
- Luther Vandross – Never Too Much
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Aloe Blacc – I Need A Dollar
- Adele – Rolling in the Deep
- Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
- Amy Winehouse – Valerie
- Bruno Mars – Locked Out of Heaven
- Bruno Mars – Marry You
- Bruno Mars – Treasure
- Bryan Adams – Summer of ’69
- CeCe Peniston - Finally
- Cee Lo Green – Forget You
- Clean Bandit - Rather Be
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky
- Duffy – Mercy
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Gnarls Barkley – Crazy
- Jamiroquai – Cosmic Girl
- Jessie J - Domino
- Jessie J – Price Tag
- Justin Bieber - Sorry
- Kylie - Spinning Around
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
- Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
- Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
- Pharrell – Happy
- Take That – Back For Good
- Take That – Relight My Fire
Studio B were everything we had hoped for in a party band, at an event catering for ages 14 to 64. Dave, the drummer, made contact as scheduled and discussed our expectations, the venue and the logistics for the evening. The band arrived in good time having agreed a great playlist and set up efficiently. They were friendly, relaxed and flexible and remained so when the timings for the meal ran a bit late pushing their first set back. The six piece set up produced a lovely, loud but warm sound; singer and saxophonist fab! Rhythm section super. We danced all night, they made the evening wonderful. We have attended a number of events in the last year with a band (weddings, balls and birthday parties) but Studio B were by far the best. Many of the guests mentioned how great the band were when they contacted us to thank us for the evening. Really professional, brilliant music... Would recommend them to anyone!
Studio B were absolutely amazing. They made our day even more amazing and we have had so many compliments about how good the band was!
Just a belated email to say thanks a lot for performing at our wedding! As you will have gathered from the packed dance floor and fact that none of us wanted you to stop, it was a great evening and everyone enjoyed the music immensely! Thanks again, and please pass our thanks to the rest of the band!
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you and the band for last night. You absolutely made the night... We have been flooded with thank you’s from our guests for the evening and they all commented on how much they enjoyed the music.
Previous venues include:
- Danesfield House
- Hedsor House
- Shoreditch House
- The Groucho Club
- The Haymarket Hotel
- Wilton's Music Hall
The band have also appeared on the popular E4 TV show Made In Chelsea.
Can you supply PA and lights ?
Yes, we can supply PA and lights, though some venues may have their own in-house PA and lighting which may be more practical to use. For larger events of around 250 people upwards, we can either work with our partners to provide you with a suitable production setup, or will provide you with our own tech riders where you have a production team already in place. In addition, we can also supply interval / background music, played on an iPod, which we will play before our first set and in any following interval breaks.
How long does it take you to set up ?
If we need to supply PA and lights, we would require around 60-90 minutes to set up and soundcheck, though if PA and lights are provided, we will be able to set in a shorter space of time. When planning your event, please make sure the band are given sufficient time to set up and soundcheck to ensure their best possible performance – a rushed setup can result in unbalanced sound, insufficient lighting, and uncomfortable musicians. However we will of course aim to set up as quickly as we can. Our standard working hours are 6pm - Midnight.
How much space do you need to perform ?
We’d ideally need around 18 square metres, 6m x 3m (20′ x 10′). Should space be an issue please don’t worry, as we can more than likely adjust (as we have done many times in the past). The core instruments of the band (drums, guitars, and keyboards) usually take up the most space, whereas singers and brass can ‘slot in’ to more easily.
What happens if one of you is sick on the day ?
Although the musicians you see in our promotional material will work with the band on most occasions, sometimes emergencies do happen. Should an emergency occur, we work with a pool of equally capable dep musicians, fully rehearsed and ready to step into the breach at short notice, so will you never have to worry that the band won’t be able to perform, or that the quality of the band will be affected.
Do we need to provide you with food and drink ?
All we ask for in addition to our fee is that you can provide food and soft drinks for the band (and any associated crew, if applicable). Our working hours start from the minute we turn the key in the ignition in the car to leave for your event, which can often mean long hours with very few (if any) breaks. Whilst we don’t necessarily expect a sit down meal, a hot meal is preferred. For example – If you’re providing a buffet or similar for your event, many clients often let the band help themselves along with their other guests.
Can we discuss your set / our first dance with you ?
Collectively the band have performed at hundreds of events over the years, in a wide variety of guises, so know exactly what it takes to get the party started. Through our years of experience we know exactly which songs to place where, with our sets being specifically tailored to make sure energy levels are sustained throughout the evening.That being said, we do of course welcome you to note your personal favourites (and pet hates!); but any specific requests, including first dances, should be sent to the band a minimum of 28 days prior to the date of engagement. The band will do their very best to adhere to all requests, but cannot guarantee all will be performed.
What kind of occasions is your music suited to ?
Our diverse repertoire is such that we play every kind of occasion imaginable! From 21st birthdays to gold and even platinum wedding anniversaries.
- 2 x 60 Minutes
- 3 x 40 Minutes
Please Note: The fees indicated below are approximate and based on a central location for each county. They are intended to provide a rough guide only and exact quotes can only be given once the date and exact location of your event have been provided.